+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 158

Thread: Giants' David Wilson Responds To Coaches' Comments.....

  1. #101
    Veteran CowboysSuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    2,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
    Kenny Philips?
    yeah, 21? what?

  2. #102
    Veteran CowboysSuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    2,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    I thought Wilson was Bradshaw's "project"
    Since when?

    If Wilson plays to his potential, Bradshaw will look minor league compared to DW.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Since when?

    If Wilson plays to his potential, Bradshaw will look minor league compared to DW.
    Since Bradshaw came out and said he was taking Wilson under his wing. Back in May. Please learn to search for these things before making uninformed claims.

    http://www.giants101.com/2012/05/01/...nder-his-wing/

  4. #104
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    41,740
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I do not agree.


    1st off, he is not the 1 who went public in this issue. I have no problem with what some of the coaches said, but what Ingram said is very inappropriate. Any coach who goes to the media and says 1 of his players needs to "grow up and be a man" needs a talking to. That is a personal attack, even if a weak 1. What happened to keeping that crap in the locker room? It has no place in the media at all.


    2ndly, what did he say exactly that is bad? he said he awaits his opportunity. Isnt that what you want a guy to say? Considering what was said publicly about him I think he did a pretty good job of not responding in kind. Ingram was the 1 who was out of line.

    lastly, I think this is being blown out of proportion. In 2007 these EXACT same things were said about Bradshaw's development(except the ingram stuff, again innapropriate.) but the coaches came out saying Bradshaw was not picking up blocks and had ball security issues. They held him back until late in the season too.
    This is an excellent point. Wilson didn't go to the media to complain. It was a Giants coach that went to the media and complained about Wilson. That's generally not the Giants way.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I do not agree.


    1st off, he is not the 1 who went public in this issue. I have no problem with what some of the coaches said, but what Ingram said is very inappropriate. Any coach who goes to the media and says 1 of his players needs to "grow up and be a man" needs a talking to. That is a personal attack, even if a weak 1. What happened to keeping that crap in the locker room? It has no place in the media at all.


    2ndly, what did he say exactly that is bad? he said he awaits his opportunity. Isnt that what you want a guy to say? Considering what was said publicly about him I think he did a pretty good job of not responding in kind. Ingram was the 1 who was out of line.

    lastly, I think this is being blown out of proportion. In 2007 these EXACT same things were said about Bradshaw's development(except the ingram stuff, again innapropriate.) but the coaches came out saying Bradshaw was not picking up blocks and had ball security issues. They held him back until late in the season too.
    i didn't say the kid was wrong to feel that way...
    i said it was foolish for him to say it out loud because this regime does not tolerate insubordination.
    growling at the master does not get you out of the doghouse.

    who do you think TC will side with...Ingram or Wilson.

    fair or right doesn't mean anything....this is not a democracy.
    Last edited by stormblue; 11-20-2012 at 01:04 PM.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

  6. #106
    Isn't it Ingram job to teach? It the 10 week of the NFL so maybe saying this isn't the best idea. This stuff drives me nuts with TC making examples. The giants need a jolt and Wilson can be a weapon. The line doesn't make gaping holes need to hit it fast. Speed will help! To those that wondered why Wilson was picked in 1 st round it valid as he Probally wouldn't get a chance. His talent did warrant a low first high second draft pick. I believe it was something like 778 yards after contact with 4.45 speed and 205. He is tough kid and liked contact. Redone offense is a joke and something needs to happen. Is it Wilson might not but need something. It the same thing every year. Granted results have been great but why does it happen time and time again.

  7. #107
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    29,284
    Can anyone tell me why we drafted Wilson in the first round?

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    There is no denying the kid is confident. I say play him!
    What's the average career of a NFL RB. Seems lot's of folks say @ 30 they're done & that's talking about the one's that play week to week. I'm with you see what we got for the 1st round pic before his career is over in the next 5 years. Put him on the field for at least a half or at least 5 straight possessions. See what he's got. Look what they found in Cruz by accident or injury or whatever you want to call it. Bradshaw bless him but give him a rest & try to make it the playoffs with #22 & #35 & if they make it Brashaw has proven he's best in the playoffs.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Can anyone tell me why we drafted Wilson in the first round?
    apparently....he was drafted to watch , listen and learn how to become an NFL tailback.
    4 or 5 rookie QB's out there that can start and play in their 1st year.
    but i guess the running back position requires a masters degree .
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

  10. #110
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,468
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I do not agree.


    1st off, he is not the 1 who went public in this issue. I have no problem with what some of the coaches said, but what Ingram said is very inappropriate. Any coach who goes to the media and says 1 of his players needs to "grow up and be a man" needs a talking to. That is a personal attack, even if a weak 1. What happened to keeping that crap in the locker room? It has no place in the media at all.


    2ndly, what did he say exactly that is bad? he said he awaits his opportunity. Isnt that what you want a guy to say? Considering what was said publicly about him I think he did a pretty good job of not responding in kind. Ingram was the 1 who was out of line.

    lastly, I think this is being blown out of proportion. In 2007 these EXACT same things were said about Bradshaw's development(except the ingram stuff, again innapropriate.) but the coaches came out saying Bradshaw was not picking up blocks and had ball security issues. They held him back until late in the season too.
    I feel the same way I said earlier in this thread that prehaps the kids additude isn't to TC and companys liking so they are trying to break him, by holding game play over his head....The grow up and be a man comment should have stayed in house....What the hell; Was Ingram trying to embarrass him ? was he mad over something Wilson done or said ? either way his comment didn't sound like it had much to do with his game play... So what hell have we got a battle of wills ...conform and you get to play ? This par for the coarse with TC it takes players quite awhile to warm up to the guy or it seems ....
    Last edited by byron; 11-20-2012 at 01:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts