+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Wilson is a very high quality guy. Very high character. He deserves a little slack here for being frustrated.
    yes , but you know how Napoleon is, the kid should hush for his own safety.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    yes , but you know how Napoleon is, the kid should hush for his own safety.
    I do not agree.

1st off, he is not the 1 who went public in this issue. I have no problem with what some of the coaches said, but what Ingram said is very inappropriate. Any coach who goes to the media and says 1 of his players needs to "grow up and be a man" needs a talking to. That is a personal attack, even if a weak 1. What happened to keeping that crap in the locker room? It has no place in the media at all.

2ndly, what did he say exactly that is bad? he said he awaits his opportunity. Isnt that what you want a guy to say? Considering what was said publicly about him I think he did a pretty good job of not responding in kind. Ingram was the 1 who was out of line.

lastly, I think this is being blown out of proportion. In 2007 these EXACT same things were said about Bradshaw's development(except the ingram stuff, again innapropriate.) but the coaches came out saying Bradshaw was not picking up blocks and had ball security issues. They held him back until late in the season too.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 11-20-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Starter
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...w-improvement/
    Just wanted to put this link here. The kid feels he doesn't know what else to do. They want him to do better in some areas but they don't put him on the field to see what he's got. He doesn't know what more to do. I feel bad for the kid, bet he wasn't expecting to be a first round pick that rides the bench....... And then he met TC

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    yep....just STFU. No HOF crap, no disagreeing with the coaches, none of that. He is a little dumb is my bet....
    its just age, bradshaw isnt the guy that can mentor him. 21 can
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    I thought Wilson was Bradshaw's "project"

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    Kenny Philips?

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    yep....exactly. Doesnt sound like a 1st rounder but I know these write up can be odd. You read the positives and you think the player is the best thing ever until you read the negatives.....not just with Wilson but with many players...
    GREAT Avatar AND SIG
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by bg79 View Post
    "But Wilson said he simply hasn't been given the opportunity to show that he can do everything that is asked of an NFL running back.

"They say those statements, but I haven't put in a situation…to see if I could pick up a blitz," Wilson said today. "So I don't know if it's from my college film or what that comes from. But I'm just waiting for my opportunity to get out there."

This is basically what most of us have been complaining about. He hasnt been given an opportunity to display whether or not he can do the things he's accused of not being able to do. In the meantime we keep putting out there a team that is not as good as it could be due to favoritism and other ridiculous things. I cannot give the coaching staff any legitimacy when they say he can't play RB due to his pass blocking while they're still starting David Diehl who apparently doesn't have to live up to the pass blocking standards of a HB.
    What do you think of the plays they have designed specifically for Wilson? Is that a sign they are trying to work him in given whatever his deficits are?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

This article, and Wilson's comments are proof of what I have been saying all along.

How do they know these things if he doesnt get more than 1 single carry per game?

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC INGRAM...TC YOU TOO SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

This is becoming the WILSON-GATE SCANDAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for any overreaction, but I am just ecstatic to hear Wilson kind of echo what some of us have been saying: "What? How would they know, I never get the ball!"

sweet and sour revenge chicken