+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 158

Thread: Giants' David Wilson Responds To Coaches' Comments.....

  1. #121
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    93,147
    Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    Him going around and saying "What else do I have to do" is disrespect. Let one of my sub employees say "What else do I have to do to get a raise" or "what else do i have to do to get the important project"

    The answer is simple, "If you have to ask you will never know"
    No it's not, he's frustrated just like we are. He's responded to what a coach said, it's not that big a deal.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  2. #122
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    93,147
    Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    Him going around and saying "What else do I have to do" is disrespect. Let one of my sub employees say "What else do I have to do to get a raise" or "what else do i have to do to get the important project"

    The answer is simple, "If you have to ask you will never know"
    Or you sit down with them and give them a blueprint to follow.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  3. #123
    David "I'm gonna be in the hall of fame" Wilson
    David "I'm like birth control" Wilson
    David "Young Cancer" Wilson

    If only he could have learned from Bradshaw and Andre Brown, guys who waited their turn, and said the right things. He must be getting coaching from Shockey and Plax.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Fair and right isnt part of it, you are correct.

    But That isnt what I said. You cannot personally attack a man in the media, the way Ingram did to Wilson and then expect him to not respond. I am actually quite impressed with Wilson;s response. He did not get personal the way the coaches did. He did not say the giants need to grow up and be a man, the way the coaches did.

    Again, he said he awaits his opportunity. That is exactly what he is supposed to say.

    Lastly, the coaches are supposed to be leaders. In this instance, they clearly were not, or at least Ingram was not. .Ingram wants Wilson to "grow up" yet he goes to the media to say it? Wilson's response is 100x more mature then Ingram's original statement.
    well , you are 100% right about everything ..EXCEPT it was NOT to his benefit to speak out.
    you are totally right about this coaching staff , and he WILL pay for what he said. that was my point.
    the pen is said to be mightier than the sword.....
    but when is the last time your sword ran out of ink ?

  5. #125
    This guy just has way too much ego, Bradshaw returned kicks, now he is the #1. Does he not realize this? Bradshaw led the giants in rushing in the 2007 post season and went BACK to returning kicks the next year! Behind Jacobs and Derick Ward. The fact that he even has some carries in his first few games speaks volumes but he does not see it that way, he feels he needs to respond to his coaches.

  6. #126
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    26,549
    Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    This guy just has way too much ego, Bradshaw returned kicks, now he is the #1. Does he not realize this? Bradshaw led the giants in rushing in the 2007 post season and went BACK to returning kicks the next year! Behind Jacobs and Derick Ward. The fact that he even has some carries in his first few games speaks volumes but he does not see it that way, he feels he needs to respond to his coaches.
    Getting 2 carries in the 4th quarter does not speak volumes..
    Will Hill is the J.R. Smith of the NFL.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Getting 2 carries in the 4th quarter does not speak volumes..
    http://www.nfl.com/player/brandonjac...48/careerstats
    Year Team G Att Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Lng 1st 1st% 20+ 40+ FUM
    2005 New York Giants 16 38 2.4 99 2.6 6.2 7 21 19 50.0 1 0 1

    http://www.nfl.com/player/ahmadbradshaw/2495560/profile
    2007 New York Giants 12 0 23 190 8.3 88T 1 2 12 6.0 11 0 2 1

  8. #128
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    93,147
    Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    This guy just has way too much ego, Bradshaw returned kicks, now he is the #1. Does he not realize this? Bradshaw led the giants in rushing in the 2007 post season and went BACK to returning kicks the next year! Behind Jacobs and Derick Ward. The fact that he even has some carries in his first few games speaks volumes but he does not see it that way, he feels he needs to respond to his coaches.
    His ego may be behind the "grow up" comment. Whatever it is, they have still drawn up plays specifically for Wilson. He will settle in and make us proud sooner or later.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  9. #129
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    26,549
    Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/player/brandonjac...48/careerstats
    Year Team G Att Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Lng 1st 1st% 20+ 40+ FUM
    2005 New York Giants 16 38 2.4 99 2.6 6.2 7 21 19 50.0 1 0 1

    http://www.nfl.com/player/ahmadbradshaw/2495560/profile
    2007 New York Giants 12 0 23 190 8.3 88T 1 2 12 6.0 11 0 2 1
    So with Ahmad Bradshaw injured, it's fair to limit him to only a certain amount of carries?

    I don't think Wilson should be the starter, Brown should. However, they should split carries, why is that so difficult?
    Will Hill is the J.R. Smith of the NFL.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    So with Ahmad Bradshaw injured, it's fair to limit him to only a certain amount of carries?

    I don't think Wilson should be the starter, Brown should. However, they should split carries, why is that so difficult?
    I don't get it either... we've been RB by committee ever since Tiki left the team. Why can't Wilson be a part of that committee at least?


    Post 4/20 mock draft:
    Round 1: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
    Round 2: ASJ, TE, Washington
    Round 3: Marcus Martin, C, USC
    Round 4: Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
    Round 5: Khairi Fortt, OLB, California
    Round 6: Ethan Westbrooks, DE, West Texas A&M
    Round 6 comp: Cornelius Lucas, OT, Kansas State

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts