+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 158

Thread: Giants' David Wilson Responds To Coaches' Comments.....

  1. #141
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    100,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    That's true, but from Reese said they liked Wilson better. I'm hopeful that we do have the better back...
    Did Reese say they wouldn't have taken Martin? I think Reese doesn't worry about things he can't control, like some team taking a player you like.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1








    # 80

  2. #142
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waffles > Pancakes
    Posts
    34,239
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Did Reese say they wouldn't have taken Martin? I think Reese doesn't worry about things he can't control, like some team taking a player you like.
    Are you speaking in general or to me? Cause I didn't really care if we got Martin or not lol I just thought it was strange how everyone now is calling him NFL ready but apparently Wilson is better.

    I don't think Reese said that, no but if you say hey, we thought Wilson was better anyway, I'm going to think he's the better player and I would want to see ​that.

    Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

  3. #143
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    100,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Are you speaking in general or to me? Cause I didn't really care if we got Martin or not lol I just thought it was strange how everyone now is calling him NFL ready but apparently Wilson is better.

    I don't think Reese said that, no but if you say hey, we thought Wilson was better anyway, I'm going to think he's the better player and I would want to see ​that.
    Generally, that was a "royal" you. I think drafts are far more orchestrated than we might believe. I think Reese knew exactly what he would do based on what was happening from picks 1 - 31. I've never been involved the draft process, obviously. But that's the sense I get.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1








    # 80

  4. #144
    they have their projections and possibilities and contingencies all worked out ahead of time
    too much at stake in this day and age to have only 15 minutes to decide.
    but Reese ain't gonna say...."well Tampa jumped up and took our guy so we settled for Wilson"
    Last edited by stormblue; 11-20-2012 at 04:44 PM.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

  5. #145
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,342
    I believe the Giants wanted Martin regardless of what Reese says, Martin was clearly the better RB and more NFL ready and they wanted a RB who could contribute right away after this team was last in rushing last year, unfortunately he was already taken and they had to go with the next best RB available which was Wilson.
    Last edited by Cloud57; 11-20-2012 at 04:48 PM.

  6. #146
    i don't know why Martin would have been more NFL ready..
    VA Tech only averaged 3 less passes per game than Boise state in 2011.

    Wilson had to block as much as Martin.
    by the way #5 was getting killed up until a few weeks ago.
    i guess after about 160 touches Martin leaned how to block and be NFL ready.
    in the meantime...they ran him anyway .
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

  7. #147
    i dont think the coaches have been particularly fair to him, but i understand showing the rookie tough love. They keep going on about protecting Eli, which is important but i refuse to believe that there is absoloutely no schemes available where we can take advantage of his homerun speed in some capacity where Eli can get protection and still free up Wilson for screens or running plays. Gilbride has done an absoloutely disgusting job integrating him into the offense.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by plaxattack17 View Post
    i dont think the coaches have been particularly fair to him, but i understand showing the rookie tough love. They keep going on about protecting Eli, which is important but i refuse to believe that there is absoloutely no schemes available where we can take advantage of his homerun speed in some capacity where Eli can get protection and still free up Wilson for screens or running plays. Gilbride has done an absoloutely disgusting job integrating him into the offense.
    +1 concise and nice.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    They should do play-action with Wilson on the field... since everyone is expecting a run everytime he gets on the field, EVERYONE would bite...
    Dude, even the camera man would bite. thats how OBVIOUS it is when he gets in there. They know 90% of the time, hes in there for one reason, Flanker, HB counter or stretch. WHICH MEANS ITS A RUN TO THE OUTSIDE. Whats funny is hes projected as an inside runner, just as much as an outside runner. His ability to stay on his feet after contact is pretty impressive.

    THE FACT IS THIS TEAM WOULDNT KNOW HOW TO USE ANY TALENT LET ALONE HIS TALENT.

    Its not just a TC thing, KG sure as hell doesnt know how to use him. KG is busy using the same playbook from madden 99
    Last edited by Generation Eli; 11-20-2012 at 06:07 PM.

  10. #150
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,815
    Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    +1 concise and nice.
    yeah I totaly agree

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts