+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I agree....it seems like they are assuming he can't get the job done. Then again, maybe he just blows in practice.

Interesting thing about your link......that was an obvious running down (34-20, 6 minutes in the game)......Giants line up with Hynoski, give the ball to Wilson (which is what the defense was fully expecting), and bang, he takes it 40+ yards to the house.....because he's so damn fast he just blew past the last two defenders who had a shot at him....both of whom were unblocked.

Again.....our best running play of the season was a telegraphed running play. So, that sort of shoots the "we can't telegraph our play by putting Wilson in" argument in the ***.

I assume when Doug Martin is in the backfield, they are guessing "run" as well.
    Also, Who was in making a great block????? LOCKLEAR!!!!!!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Quote Originally Posted by plaxattack17 View Post
    i dont think the coaches have been particularly fair to him, but i understand showing the rookie tough love. They keep going on about protecting Eli, which is important but i refuse to believe that there is absoloutely no schemes available where we can take advantage of his homerun speed in some capacity where Eli can get protection and still free up Wilson for screens or running plays. Gilbride has done an absoloutely disgusting job integrating him into the offense.
    Gilbride made plays designed for Wilson to get him involved in the Bengal's game. Unfortunately, that game went bad so fast they had to abandon that plan.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Did Reese say they wouldn't have taken Martin? I think Reese doesn't worry about things he can't control, like some team taking a player you like.
    I know you asked someone else this question, however, I'm pretty sure Reese had Wilson graded higher than Martin.

EDIT.....here it is.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...was-top-choice

"There's been some conjecture that Tampa had moved up in front of us and took Martin," Reese told WFAN Radio on Tuesday. "That's not true ... Martin would not have been our pick."

The Giants selected Virginia Tech running back David Wilson with the 32nd pick, one choice after the Bucs took Martin, leading analysts to speculate that Tampa Bay jumped in front to nab the player New York really wanted.

"First of all, (Wilson) was the highest player on our board at the time that we picked," Reese said. "That was an easy pick for us. It was a value and a need pick for us, we thought."

Reese said Martin was considered for their first-round pick but eventually was rated lower than a few other players, including Wilson.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 11-20-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    i don't know why Martin would have been more NFL ready..
    VA Tech only averaged 3 less passes per game than Boise state in 2011.

Wilson had to block as much as Martin.
    by the way #5 was getting killed up until a few weeks ago.
    i guess after about 160 touches Martin leaned how to block and be NFL ready.
    in the meantime...they ran him anyway .
    Unfortunately, we can't compare Martin and Wilson......Martin is being given the opportunity to showcase his skills, and Wilson is being mothballed.

The biggest difference between Martin and Wilson is that one player is trusted by his coaches, and the other is not.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 11-20-2012 at 09:04 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Gilbride made plays designed for Wilson to get him involved in the Bengal's game. Unfortunately, that game went bad so fast they had to abandon that plan.
    what "PLAYS" has he thought of for the Rookie?

Let me guess, the HB counter.

No wait, the Pitch

How about the stretch

Im telling ya, this guys clueless

KG wouldnt know how to draw a play for a monkey on a swing set, let alone this group of talent.

he aint n e good and is straight old school. Our QB maybe old school too but the rest of the "skill" positions isnt. Its waiting for him to do something to utilize their talents. Hes yet to do so in his NYG Career and now he has what could possibly be the most talented offense in the league and he doesnt even know how to intuitively get a run game going.

Let me guess, its the draw play, thats how u get it going

cant wait for his firing in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Eli View Post
    what "PLAYS" has he thought of for the Rookie?Let me guess, the HB counter.No wait, the PitchHow about the stretchIm telling ya, this guys cluelessKG wouldnt know how to draw a play for a monkey on a swing set, let alone this group of talent. he aint n e good and is straight old school. Our QB maybe old school too but the rest of the "skill" positions isnt. Its waiting for him to do something to utilize their talents. Hes yet to do so in his NYG Career and now he has what could possibly be the most talented offense in the league and he doesnt even know how to intuitively get a run game going. Let me guess, its the draw play, thats how u get it goingcant wait for his firing in the offseason.
    Nobody is getting fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Cusen View Post
    It's all BS. It's a smokescreen to keep the master plan safe.

They're saving him for a secret weapon for the playoff run. Like they did with Bradshaw and Smith in '07.

If nobody's seen him he will be harder to defend when the time comes.

So let it be written, so let it be done.
    lmao love this.....I wish we were that clever

I'll buy into this, might as well, it brings some joy and fantasy in my life....let' see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by danielboone View Post
    The thing people never mention about our running game is that it depends more on the line play than the RB. People here seem to think there will be a magical solution by switching RBs. I don't think there is that much difference between Wilson, Brown and Bradshaw. None of them will do much unless the OL improves its play. Of course, that is much harder to do than just changing RBs and such thoughts don't allow us to dream of magical solutions in our fantasies of how we would do a much better job of coaching the team.
    Bingo....surprised no one else is mentioning this....It was clearer than ever against the Bengals. None of the RB's could get anywhere past the line of scrimmage, this o-line was collapsing and getting thrown around like ragdolls.

I'm not going to mention any names because this entire team played like crap, but this o-line needs some Major help to turn things around going forward; or else we're getting no rush yards, 3rd and longs, and Eli should get used to the taste of dirt.