+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 158

Thread: Giants' David Wilson Responds To Coaches' Comments.....

  1. #11
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,386
    Quote Originally Posted by danielboone View Post
    If that's what he thinks, it doesn't sound good. He sees no need to improve so he will not improve. And if he's reading these boards, he's a getting a lot of support and confirmation that the problem is with the coaches and not with him. So why should he try to improve?

    He doesn't know where the coaches are getting their opinions? You have to be kidding. They see him every day in practice.

    Sounds like a big problem.
    Does the quote "He needs to grow up" ring a bell?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  2. #12
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,386
    Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    yeah , i keep forgetting that Bradshaw might not play ,
    so maybe they are planning on using him a little more to spell Brown.
    i hope so. i really miss that scat-back style that #21 had.
    i'd like to see if this kid has that 'Stuff".
    Uncharacteristically, Bradshaw practiced today. That's his first Monday practice in a while. So whatever the "battery of tests" revealed, he's now practicing with the team. What we need to see is if he gets to more than one day of practice. So, assuming he's not headed to IR, he will split carries with Brown on Sunday.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  3. #13
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,090
    Quote Originally Posted by danielboone View Post
    If that's what he thinks, it doesn't sound good. He sees no need to improve so he will not improve. And if he's reading these boards, he's a getting a lot of support and confirmation that the problem is with the coaches and not with him. So why should he try to improve?

    He doesn't know where the coaches are getting their opinions? You have to be kidding. They see him every day in practice.

    Sounds like a big problem.
    I don't read it that way at all. I think he's just frustrated because he's not getting on the field.
    And the comments made by the Giants coaches are pure BS. If they didn't think he was ready then why was he clearly in the game plan week one until he fumbled.
    To me this is just a stubborn coaching staff who benched the kid when he fumbled. And for the record, when you do that kind of thing to a player you get him worrying more about holding on to the ball then making plays. You can ruin a player's ability to excel when you punish him for fumbling with this kind of severity.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  4. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,238
    He probably should have not said that. He didn't say anything outrageous, but it's still going to come across as "well they don't play me enough to know", and people don't like that attitude from rookies.

    Something more along the lines of:
    "I will continue to work 100% and hope I get more opportunities to prove myself"

    Would have been best. Sure it's a complete PC generic response, but it would have worked much better for him IMO.

  5. #15
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,386
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShouldersOf View Post
    I Believe him, and it's sad they give him no opportunities,

    many say 'Brown earned more carries' when has Wilson been given the chance? many say 'In Practice' okay, how many reps does Wilson get? how many chances does he get to pass protect as a 'Third String'? i would wager hardly any, if he has to run designed plays made for him,


    regardless, brown was the only one that gave up a Sack against Carolina, if you say it's because Wilson dropped two passes? Brown has dropped a couple passes, if you say it's because Wilson fumbled Once, Brown Fumbled Twice in a preseason game, is it because brown gains positive yards on carries? sure, give Wilson 10 carries put him in non running plays and i would wager my savings he gains positive yardage,
    There are things we never see that go on in meetings and at practice. They have gone so far as to create plays just for him. I don't see it as them not wanting him on the field. I see it as his not doing whatever it is he needs to do to get out there. And it sounds a little like he is happy with the player he is.

    When they put him in, he needs to take advantage as he has on kick returns.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  6. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post

    When they put him in, he needs to take advantage as he has on kick returns.
    He also needs to realize that sometime a touchback is the best option. It seems to me that since it's become clear that most of his on-field time will come as a returner for the time being he is now trying to break every single kick return for a TD.

  7. #17
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,090
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    There are things we never see that go on in meetings and at practice. They have gone so far as to create plays just for him. I don't see it as them not wanting him on the field. I see it as his not doing whatever it is he needs to do to get out there. And it sounds a little like he is happy with the player he is.

    When they put him in, he needs to take advantage as he has on kick returns.
    When they put him in they need to give him a chance to take advantage.
    And not pull him for 10 games if he fumbles.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #18
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,386
    Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    He also needs to realize that sometime a touchback is the best option. It seems to me that since it's become clear that most of his on-field time will come as a returner for the time being he is now trying to break every single kick return for a TD.
    I don't know, that's a good kind of confidence to have.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  9. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I don't know, that's a good kind of confidence to have.
    Not when it's clear you should just take a knee and put your team on the 20 as opposed to have to break 8 tackles and run sideline to sideline just to get to the 21 yard line..

  10. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cliffside Park, NJ
    Posts
    4,470
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShouldersOf View Post
    I Believe him, and it's sad they give him no opportunities,

    many say 'Brown earned more carries' when has Wilson been given the chance? many say 'In Practice' okay, how many reps does Wilson get? how many chances does he get to pass protect as a 'Third String'? i would wager hardly any, if he has to run designed plays made for him,


    regardless, brown was the only one that gave up a Sack against Carolina, if you say it's because Wilson dropped two passes? Brown has dropped a couple passes, if you say it's because Wilson fumbled Once, Brown Fumbled Twice in a preseason game, is it because brown gains positive yards on carries? sure, give Wilson 10 carries put him in non running plays and i would wager my savings he gains positive yardage,
    You are assuming the reason why he is not in there is his pass protection prowess. I think it is more than that. What Ingram said was just coach speak for he needs to do everything an NFL RB needs to do. Ingram did not single out just Wilson's pass protection as being the main problem. I think the coaches are concerned about his mental approach to the game. I believe they feel he is not yet mentally ready to handle more opportunities at RB. If that's the case then the coaches are doing the right thing with him.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts