+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    I feel bad. I read this and think, Damn, I was kinda hoping he'd sit a few games at least. How bad is that? Our statring RB is not as beat up as I thought and I'm not happy about it. Makes me feel like a jerk. I wasn't thinking it in a malicious way.
    We need to see if he can continue to practice the rest of the week or if his feet give out on him.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    I think the kid might be stupid. I tried to find a wonderlic score on him and could not find one. I did find this write-up on him from Pro Football...

Negatives:
    Lacks ideal stature and bulk. Strength and speed does not consistently translate to power. Can be more patient and play off blocks better. Runs too tall through the hole and exposes his body to big hits. At times gets in trouble trying to do too much — averaged 0.47 yards lost per carry as a senior. Ball security has been an issue (fumbled seven times as a junior) — flags the ball and needs to be more protective. Still developing third-down skills — has inconsistent hands and is a soft blocker.

Based on that summation, I am not sure why a 1st rd pick was used. A huge, strong tackle might have been a better pick...or a stud MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    I think the kid might be stupid. I tried to find a wonderlic score on him and could not find one. I did find this write-up on him from Pro Football...

Negatives:
    Lacks ideal stature and bulk. Strength and speed does not consistently translate to power. Can be more patient and play off blocks better. Runs too tall through the hole and exposes his body to big hits. At times gets in trouble trying to do too much — averaged 0.47 yards lost per carry as a senior. Ball security has been an issue (fumbled seven times as a junior) — flags the ball and needs to be more protective. Still developing third-down skills — has inconsistent hands and is a soft blocker.

Based on that summation, I am not sure why a 1st rd pick was used. A huge, strong tackle might have been a better pick...or a stud MLB.
    Sounds like what the coaching staff has said and they continue to develop him into what he needs to be.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Negatives:

You can't teach a old dog new tricks ! But He's a Rookie.......So Teach him ! the Game starts Sunday !

Negatives:

yep....exactly. Doesnt sound like a 1st rounder but I know these write up can be odd. You read the positives and you think the player is the best thing ever until you read the negatives.....not just with Wilson but with many players...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

oh god, when will this rookie learn to keep it zipped??? this is what TC has a problem with i will bet any amount.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    yep....exactly. Doesnt sound like a 1st rounder but I know these write up can be odd. You read the positives and you think the player is the best thing ever until you read the negatives.....not just with Wilson but with many players...
    The write ups are a mess for the most part. Different draft guides have completely different strengths and weaknesses for each player. Even height, weight, 40 times, etc. vary from guide to guide. The only thing that I can gather from the various write ups on Wilson is that he butted heads with the coaching staff and that he played at VA Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    oh god, when will this rookie learn to keep it zipped??? this is what TC has a problem with i will bet any amount.
    yep....just STFU. No HOF crap, no disagreeing with the coaches, none of that. He is a little dumb is my bet....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran
    "But Wilson said he simply hasn't been given the opportunity to show that he can do everything that is asked of an NFL running back.

"They say those statements, but I haven't put in a situation…to see if I could pick up a blitz," Wilson said today. "So I don't know if it's from my college film or what that comes from. But I'm just waiting for my opportunity to get out there."

This is basically what most of us have been complaining about. He hasnt been given an opportunity to display whether or not he can do the things he's accused of not being able to do. In the meantime we keep putting out there a team that is not as good as it could be due to favoritism and other ridiculous things. I cannot give the coaching staff any legitimacy when they say he can't play RB due to his pass blocking while they're still starting David Diehl who apparently doesn't have to live up to the pass blocking standards of a HB.

Quote Originally Posted by bg79 View Post
    "But Wilson said he simply hasn't been given the opportunity to show that he can do everything that is asked of an NFL running back.

"They say those statements, but I haven't put in a situation…to see if I could pick up a blitz," Wilson said today. "So I don't know if it's from my college film or what that comes from. But I'm just waiting for my opportunity to get out there."

This is basically what most of us have been complaining about. He hasnt been given an opportunity to display whether or not he can do the things he's accused of not being able to do. In the meantime we keep putting out there a team that is not as good as it could be due to favoritism and other ridiculous things. I cannot give the coaching staff any legitimacy when they say he can't play RB due to his pass blocking while they're still starting David Diehl who apparently doesn't have to live up to the pass blocking standards of a HB.
    Wilson is a very high quality guy. Very high character. He deserves a little slack here for being frustrated.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi