+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: your're favorite non superbowl/championship giants season?

your're favorite non superbowl/championship giants season?

mine was the 1997 season..Fassel's first year, picked last by everyone we went 10-5-1 and should have beat Minnesota in the playoffs...Loved Charles Way, Armstead had a big year and we won with Danny Kannel at quarterback.

sorry..went to edit the word you're but it posted the thread twice

Outside of the Championship years, I'd have to say...

2000 when we went to the superbowl and lost to the Ravens.

We only lost 1 divisional game that year and then beat the Eagles in the divisional round, smoked the Vikings in the Conference round but then got smoked in the Superbowl by the Ravens..

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    Outside of the Championship years, I'd have to say...

2000 when we went to the superbowl and lost to the Ravens.

We only lost 1 divisional game that year and then beat the Eagles in the divisional round, smoked the Vikings in the Conference round but then got smoked in the Superbowl by the Ravens..
    I can't ignore the pummelling we took in the Super Bowl and I'm not a Fassel fan so I'll pass on that one. My choice would be 1985 because we could feel that we were on the brink of something big. That was the year that my wife uttered a classic line which I'll share here. We are in Chicago for a playoff game with the wind blowing a gale and our punter Sean Landeta totally whiffs on a punt. Not a shank mind you but a whiff, something I had never seen before nor since. My wife, not a huge sports fan, turns to me and says "that doesn't happen often does it?"
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I can't ignore the pummelling we took in the Super Bowl and I'm not a Fassel fan so I'll pass on that one. My choice would be 1985 because we could feel that we were on the brink of something big. That was the year that my wife uttered a classic line which I'll share here. We are in Chicago for a playoff game with the wind blowing a gale and our punter Sean Landeta totally whiffs on a punt. Not a shank mind you but a whiff, something I had never seen before nor since. My wife, not a huge sports fan, turns to me and says "that doesn't happen often does it?"
    Well I might have fonder memories, but I was born in '85 so I done remember much but the 90's.. and that wasn't too great lol..

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    Well I might have fonder memories, but I was born in '85 so I done remember much but the 90's.. and that wasn't too great lol..
    lol, I'm not sure I remember the 80's too well but my wife's comment that day............I remember well.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Jomo agree with the 85 season, you could just sense that this team was close....

2008 season...I was 1 for that 85 season lol...

Bench Player
    Now that's funny. I'm sure you recall Pete Axhelm of NBC predicting that not only would the Gmen lose the game, they wouldn't score. Turns out he was right. I remember the beginning of the game, the Gmen were driving, and Carpenter fumbled it away. The game got out of hand quick. That was some Bears team.

Then the Gmen had a fg chance before the half and Shubert(?) hit the upright. The drive stalled inside the Bears 5. It was like a freakin extra point and he hit the upright. Special teams let us down that day.

My personal favorite is the 89 team and the OT loss to the Rams. Remember Evert hitting Willie "Flipper" Anderson who ran thru the endzone into the tunnel and into the lockerroom. That's a classic. As pissed as I was at the time, it was funny.

All-Pro
    I have to agree with this one... I was 15 at the time and you could just see that this team was close. I was so confident that I bet my friend $50 during the following preseason that the Giants would win the SB, he chose Denver. I am still waiting for my $50
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

+ Reply to Thread