+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: your're favorite non superbowl/championship giants season?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Will you guys stop with that "young people don't know what it's like" bullcrap? Because honestly it's insulting to me, someone raised from birth as a Giants fan, and whose first memory of the Giants was Dave Brown (I was born in 1988, and was 6 years old at the time). I had to wait 13 years myself for a super bowl title. So STOP attacking me because I "don't know what it's like".

If I complain about our current team's problems, it's because I know we don't have Eli forever, and another Dave Brown is likely waiting in the wings. This is the greatest era of Giants history we're living in, and I for one don't want it to go to waste...
    A tad defensive are we?
    Who was referring to you? I barely recognize your screen name.

You say you had to wait 13 years foe a SB?. I was 22 when we had our first playoff appearance. I'm not comparing anyone's fandom. I 'm only saying that very few fans can relate to having no playoff appearances for their entire childhood and into adulthood. Its a tough ride, and a lot of my friends who were Giants fans became Cowboys, Steelers or Raider fans.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

I was born in 88. I don't remember much until the later 90s, I'd probably say 2000. I also remember when we upset the Broncos in 1999 I believe. 08 was great because we looked great until the Burress incident
    Last edited by gmenfan0488; 11-19-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    that ridiculous call where Ernie Coy was IN BOUNDS, week three. \
    I still think about that play and get pissed off

I think that single play created league standards on endzone paint

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by alentown pa View Post
    mine was the 1997 season..Fassel's first year, picked last by everyone we went 10-5-1 and should have beat Minnesota in the playoffs...Loved Charles Way, Armstead had a big year and we won with Danny Kannel at quarterback.
    1985 season. They lost to the Bears in the playoffs. But the season was exciting as Sims had his best passing year.

2007. I'm old enough to have been following the first 2, but the 2007 came so out of the blue and against the undefeated Patriots, it was special.

oopsie - misread the title of the post. Non superbowl year, I'd go with 1985 as that's when I started following the team.

Not sure what happened to my post; I must not have saved it.

Anyway, my favorite non-SB season was 1981. Joe Danelo hit the game winning kick in OT against the Dallas Cowboys, which put the Giants into the playoffs for the first time in 18 seasons.

I was just a kid at the time, and this was the first year that the Giants had been to the playoffs in my entire life.....so it was a huge deal.

And it marked the end of the Dark Ages for the Giants, and the beginning of their run as one of the dominant teams of the 1980's.

“Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    A tad defensive are we?
    Who was referring to you? I barely recognize your screen name.
    You're always thumbing your nose at anyone under the age of 40 as though they're not real Giants fans or something... I'm not some bandwagon jumper that became a Giants fan in 2008, or 2000, or 1997 for that matter...

Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    You're always thumbing your nose at anyone under the age of 40 as though they're not real Giants fans or something... I'm not some bandwagon jumper that became a Giants fan in 2008, or 2000, or 1997 for that matter...
    Huh? Who are you again?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    Outside of the Championship years, I'd have to say...

2000 when we went to the superbowl and lost to the Ravens.

We only lost 1 divisional game that year and then beat the Eagles in the divisional round, smoked the Vikings in the Conference round but then got smoked in the Superbowl by the Ravens..
    This is mine too, the highest of highs after that Vikings beat down, seeing LT and the other retired Giants was the cherry on top.

+ Reply to Thread