+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: your're favorite non superbowl/championship giants season?

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    82 was a strike season. There were only 9 games and we lost in a tie breaker to make the playoffs. 83 was a nightmare with Parcells first year. Really it was Parcells horrific decision to start Brunner out of fear of change. Phil outplayed Brunner in the pre season by a mile. Then when he finally put Phil in vs.Philly, Phil got his finger caught in Carl Hairstons facemask on a follow through, dislocated it and was out for the season. But in 84 we made the playoffs and beat the Rams in a playoff game. Phil threw for 4000 yards with no WR's. 85 we were a great team that lost a bunch of close games (still learning to win) In 86 we took essentially the same team as 85 to 14-2 and total domination of the league.
    But it was 81 that broke the ice. 81 was LT's first year. Its when we broke the long nightmare of no playoffs.
    a fun fact about the 84 team is that they were outscored by their opponents in the regular season, just like last year..they were a good team in 84.

  2. #42
    I'm pretty sure it was Aaron Thomas (TE) who was ruled out of bounds against the Saints in Week 3 not Ernie Koy. But that was a long time ago.
    1970 was my first die-hard season other highlights during the season include Howard Cosell blasted out his mind on Monday night football (Giants vs. Eagles) in a November game and Fran Tarkenton engineering three touchdowns in the last 5 or 10 minutes to beat the Redskins. The last game against the Rams
    (with Jerry Shay breaking his leg) put me in a funk for weeks.

    Great memories

  3. #43
    for me it was 2008. We were so dominant that year. Had Plaxico never did what he did, we would've probably would've repeated.

    I'll never forget how we ran for nearly 300 yards on the Ravens. Epic.

  4. #44
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    39,790
    Quote Originally Posted by alentown pa View Post
    a fun fact about the 84 team is that they were outscored by their opponents in the regular season, just like last year..they were a good team in 84.
    They really did back into the playoffs. I was at that horriific 10-3 game against the Saints week 16. Then a bunch of things had to happen on Sunday (Giants game was Saturday) for them to make the playoffs and they all happened.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #45
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    39,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Duhon View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was Aaron Thomas (TE) who was ruled out of bounds against the Saints in Week 3 not Ernie Koy. But that was a long time ago.
    1970 was my first die-hard season other highlights during the season include Howard Cosell blasted out his mind on Monday night football (Giants vs. Eagles) in a November game and Fran Tarkenton engineering three touchdowns in the last 5 or 10 minutes to beat the Redskins. The last game against the Rams
    (with Jerry Shay breaking his leg) put me in a funk for weeks.

    Great memories
    OK I was 12, but I'm pretty darn sure it was Ernie Koy. We need to ask YA.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    for me it was 2008. We were so dominant that year. Had Plaxico never did what he did, we would've probably would've repeated.

    I'll never forget how we ran for nearly 300 yards on the Ravens. Epic.
    I agree about our dominance in the league in 2008, but I reject the notion that Burress cost us the SB.
    If you recall, after he signed that contract extension after SB 42, he really wasn't playing all that well the entire year leading up to him shooting himself.
    I remember many a post complaining about how it looked like Burress was dogging it after getting his money!

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    They really did back into the playoffs. I was at that horriific 10-3 game against the Saints week 16. Then a bunch of things had to happen on Sunday (Giants game was Saturday) for them to make the playoffs and they all happened.
    good stuff, a season I recall where things broke bad in the final week was 1988, letting the jets ruin our season was bad..went from winning the division to being outsiders.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    I agree about our dominance in the league in 2008, but I reject the notion that Burress cost us the SB.
    If you recall, after he signed that contract extension after SB 42, he really wasn't playing all that well the entire year leading up to him shooting himself.
    I remember many a post complaining about how it looked like Burress was dogging it after getting his money!
    yea but having the threat of him forced dbs to play off and not have as many in the box, him being gone not only effected the other recivevers it hurt the running game.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    OK I was 12, but I'm pretty darn sure it was Ernie Koy. We need to ask YA.
    Duhon is absolutely correct... it was Aaron Thomas, in the NO end zone that had a 3 foot black border around the entire endzone, inside the lines., and inside of that was gold. All the black was in bounds. Aaron caught the short little pass on the left side, easily inside that 3 ft. black section, not even close to the OB line... there wasn't a Saints player near him... and the ref immediately called him OB, forgetting that Black was good.
    No replay.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts