+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: your're favorite non superbowl/championship giants season?

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I have to agree with this one... I was 15 at the time and you could just see that this team was close. I was so confident that I bet my friend $50 during the following preseason that the Giants would win the SB, he chose Denver. I am still waiting for my $50
    You will never see that.. have you been keeping track of inflation and interest? lol

my absolute favorite Giant season outside of the Superbowl years

a rough and tumble rag tag bunch that fought tooth and nail every single Sunday

very little talent and more heart than a jungle full of lions

Big Red had those guys fighting harder than any Giant team I have seen before or since

that was a dangerous team that just missed the playoff by the skin of their teeth

they would have been dangerous in the playoffs
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 11-19-2012 at 07:43 PM.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    You will never see that.. have you been keeping track of inflation and interest? lol
    Every once in a while I bring it up... not because I expect the $$ but because the odds of us ever picking the two SB teams in preseason like that again are almost non-existent. I should figure out how much that would be worth now though... I might be able to retire!
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

1997... first winning Giants season I got to witness firsthand in my life...

Every once in a while I bring it up... not because I expect the $$ but because the odds of us ever picking the two SB teams in preseason like that again are almost non-existent. I should figure out how much that would be worth now though... I might be able to retire!
    Yeah that was some pretty cool preseason picks! Maybe you should work for ESPN or CBS.. I hear they have some openings due to ****ty commentating..

1993. After watching Parcells abandon the team and having dismal 8-8 and 6-10 seasons, Reeves restored respectability to the franchise... Great mix of veterans like LT and Simms along with new blood like Strahan and a still young Rodney Hampton. Went toe-to-toe with the defending champ and eventual champ that year Cowboys and all the marbles in the last game of the season, an epic game that we lost. Despite how it ended in SF it was a hell of a ride. I felt that was the ending the 1990 team deserved.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 11-19-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    Yeah that was some pretty cool preseason picks! Maybe you should work for ESPN or CBS.. I hear they have some openings due to ****ty commentating..
    LOL... I wish I was that good every year, unfortunately my SB usually aren't that good. Besides, then at least half the Giants fans would hate me
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post

my absolute favorite Giant season outside of the Superbowl years

a rough and tumble rag tag bunch that fought tooth and nail every single Sunday

very little talent and more heart than a jungle full of lions

Big Red had those guys fighting harder than any Giant team I have seen before or since

that was a dangerous team that just missed the playoff by the skin of their teeth

they would have been dangerous in the playoffs
    i loved that season as well. we lost the first three games including that ridiculous call where Ernie Coy was IN BOUNDS, week three. Then ripped off 6 straight. But that season ended horribly with the Rams debacle.

My favorite was definitely 1981. My first playoff appearance for my team. I started when I was 8 as a Giants fan and I was 22 with my first playoff game. And we beat Philly with a huge first half, then losing to SF the next week.
    These young fans have no idea what we went through as Giants fans.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

LOL... I wish I was that good every year, unfortunately my SB usually aren't that good. Besides, then at least half the Giants fans would hate me
    Well I'd suck as a commentator too, I'd pick the Giants to win every year and would talk crap about the Eagles and Cowboys all day..

Will you guys stop with that "young people don't know what it's like" bullcrap? Because honestly it's insulting to me, someone raised from birth as a Giants fan, and whose first memory of the Giants was Dave Brown (I was born in 1988, and was 6 years old at the time). I had to wait 13 years myself for a super bowl title. So STOP attacking me because I "don't know what it's like".

If I complain about our current team's problems, it's because I know we don't have Eli forever, and another Dave Brown is likely waiting in the wings. This is the greatest era of Giants history we're living in, and I for one don't want it to go to waste...
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 11-19-2012 at 08:27 PM.

+ Reply to Thread