+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we all agree now that letting Mario Manningham go was Dumb Dunb Dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I do like Hixon...but the comparison between the two isn't even close. MM makes plays. He makes BIG plays. He turns 3 yard outs into 50 yard TD's. (see Dallas game a few years ago).
    All this stuff about bad routes and being "dumb" is so overhyped. The kid had almost 1000 yards and 9 TD'd in 2010 in part time duty. Hixon has never approached that. Hixon is a role player. MM is a threat. No one is concerned that Domenik Hixon is going to burn them. MM has burned plenty of defenses.
    mannigham got to 900 yards because correct me if i am wrong, but our receivers got injured that year and he had to fill in the #1 and 2 role. Any receiver who plays the 1 or 2 role for eli in this offense will put up 1000 yards. I have good reason to believe if hixon was to stay healthy and played the number 2 role while nicks was the one, hixon would have at least 1000 yards receiving. Steve smith had 1200 as the #1.

There was the steve smith hype, then the kevin boss hype, now there is the manningham hype. With nicks and cruz playing there is no way manningham would have done much different than hixon is right now. And he proved it last year. He was invisible for the majority of the season.

Manningham doesnt scare any defenses. Belichick even said it in the superbowl. Watch cruz and nicks. Players arent in the meeting rooms talking about how they are going to stop manningham. The guy played for us for how many years? Of course he is going to have some highlights.

And hixon has burned guys 1v1 this year. Eli just didnt have the arm or accuracy to put it out in front where hixon doesnt have to run off balanced or dive to make the catch
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 11-20-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    mannigham got to 900 yards because correct me if i am wrong, but our receivers got injured that year and he had to fill in the #1 and 2 role. Any receiver who plays the 1 or 2 role for eli in this offense will put up 1000 yards. I have good reason to believe if hixon was to stay healthy and played the number 2 role while nicks was the one, hixon would have at least 1000 yards receiving. Steve smith had 1200 as the #1.

There was the steve smith hype, then the kevin boss hype, now there is the manningham hype. With nicks and cruz playing there is no way manningham would have done much different than hixon is right now. And he proved it last year. He was invisible for the majority of the season.

Manningham doesnt scare any defenses. Belichick even said it in the superbowl. Watch cruz and nicks. Players arent in the meeting rooms talking about how they are going to stop manningham. The guy played for us for how many years? Of course he is going to have some highlights.

And hixon has burned guys 1v1 this year. Eli just didnt have the arm or accuracy to put it out in front where hixon doesnt have to run off balanced or dive to make the catch
    That's right...when he was to defacto #1 with all the injuries at WR for the last 3 games of 2010, he had 346 yards and 4 TD's.
    What does that tell you? And was the ONLY Giant to actually show up in GB.
    I don't understand why anyone would compare MM to Hixon. MM is just a much more dynamic player. And of course we all seem to want to forget that in crunch time, he made one of the best and most important catches in Giants history.

And when Plaxico went down and Hixon had the exact same opportunity in 2008, he disappeared.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

this is a perfect example of one of those plays. Hixon gets passed the secondary but eli isnt able to put the ball over the top..

Here is another play where hixon beats his defender..

hixon does this more consistently than you may thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post

this is a perfect example of one of those plays. Hixon gets passed the secondary but eli isnt able to put the ball over the top..

Here is another play where hixon beats his defender..

hixon does this more consistently than you may thing.
    Oh Come on. A tad anecdotal, don't you think?
    Look...its about productivity. By any objective standard, MM has been far more productive than Hixon.
    Hixon has been a role player all his career. Thats what he is. He's really a number 4 or 5 type WR who is good on ST's. And I certainly give him great credit for his ST play. But as a WR, there really is no comparison.

Just look at the productivity of the two players. And they've been on the same team with the same guy throwing them the ball for almost all of it.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Just watching him come back to that first pass made me feel awful
    So Mr. GM, you're bright idea is we pay Manningham a lot of money and then figure out what to do with Nicks and Cruz?

WR is probably our deepest position...can't keep everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    That's right...when he was to defacto #1 with all the injuries at WR for the last 3 games of 2010, he had 346 yards and 4 TD's.

And when Plaxico went down and Hixon had the exact same opportunity in 2008, he disappeared.
    steve smith had a 107 catches with 1220 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns when he played the 1 for us. Look at what ramses barden did earlier on in the season. Look back at what derick hegan came in and did when he played the number 1 in a few games. Hixon would do the same. You play that long under eli and this offense you will have some highlights. In 2008 the whole team fell apart when plax shot himself. It was a huge distraction. Manningham made a clutch catch for us. Thank you manningham. This year hixon will do his thing if eli can get him the ball over the top.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 11-20-2012 at 09:10 AM.

I remember some key drops by Hixon as well.. THe Philly playoff game comes to mind, and it was 100pct the turning point of the game as ELI threw a bomb and some how Hixon dropped it and he had another crucial drop in Dallas a couple yrs ago ball slapped right off his hands.. Hixon is not as good as mario nor will he ever be.. Mario is more dangerous, and made way more plays.. I'll take mario every day over hixon.. I don't find it to be really close..

Hixons all right, no doubt, but hes just another WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    if that's the case then why was Mario starting over Hixon?
    Why was Bledsoe starting over Brady? Why was Victor Cruz not drafted? Why is Mark Sanchez a starting QB in the NFL?

Personally I think a healthy Hixon is better then Manningham. Hixon steps in and did a swell job with Nicks down, so did Barden.

Dont you think Mario benefitted from having Nicks and Cruz along side him? Remember... "This is a Nicks and Cruz game! Make em throw to Manningham and Pascoe!"

Just look at the productivity of the two players. And they've been on the same team with the same guy throwing them the ball for almost all of it.
    hixon cant stay healthy. Hixon is faster can run better routes and catches better. He is more complete. manningham is more elusive with the ball in his hands and he always catches the ball with his body. I like manningham also but i know hixon is better. he is in a little slump right now along with the offense but you got off to a very good start this year and has been making plays for us.

4tds in 57games is not better then mario.. Shoot, if u look up Dom Hixons stats on Profootballrefrence.com, they show his return stats before they even show his recieving stats..lol Mario had monster TD in NFC champ game and SB, and all i really recall Hixon doing in the postseason is dropping a huge turning point should of been TD against Philly.. Hixon has his moments, there just more rare then Mario's...

+ Reply to Thread