+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we all agree now that letting Mario Manningham go was Dumb Dunb Dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    steve smith had a 107 catches with 1220 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns when he played the 1 for us. Look at what ramses barden did earlier on in the season. Look back at what derick hegan came in and did when he played the number 1 in a few games. Hixon would do the same. You play that long under eli and this offense you will have some highlights. In 2008 the whole team fell apart when plax shot himself. It was a huge distraction. Manningham made a clutch catch for us. Thank you manningham. This year hixon will be more productive than mannnigham was during the regular season last year. Because he is better.
    Steve Smith was never our #1. He was a possession receiver with a knack of finding holes in the zone and catching a lot of balls, especially on third down. Then he had microfracture surgery and he was never the same. He was a very good player for us until he got hurt.

And I haven't been watching the SF games like our games. As you say, MM had Eli in a pass oriented offense and now he has Alex Smith in a run first offense. You do the math.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    No I remember what happened in the Super Bowl........he saved us form a sure loss of that game
    so he did his job and did it well......ok...
    many WR can do what he does.......youj over react to almost everthing
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    hixon cant stay healthy. Hixon is faster can run better routes and catches better. He is more complete. manningham is more elusive with the ball in his hands and he always catches the ball with his body. I like manningham also but i know hixon is better. he is in a little slump right now along with the offense but you got off to a very good start this year and has been making plays for us.
    I really don't get you guys. Manningham has just been FAR more productive than Hixon in his career. And lets not forget his productivity in all our playoff games last year. he had a TD pass in every playoff game leading up to the SB and caught the biggest pass of the SB.
    Has Hixon even EVER caught a TD pass in the playoffs? Not sure but I'm guessing not.

we can't pay a #3 WR the money SF gave him.
    whether or not he is better than Hixon or Randle doesn' matter.
    what matters is he's not better than Cruz and Nicks ,,,g'bye and g'luck.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I really don't get you guys. Manningham has just been FAR more productive than Hixon in his career. And lets not forget his productivity in all our playoff games last year. he had a TD pass in every playoff game leading up to the SB and caught the biggest pass of the SB.
    Has Hixon even EVER caught a TD pass in the playoffs? Not sure but I'm guessing not.
    OK lets look at the indisputable facts. Both guys have played almost exactly the same number of games, so injuries are irrelevant. MM: 59 games, DH: 57 games.

Hixon: 89 catches 1218 yards 4 TD's

MM: 191 catches 2658 yards 19 TD's.

Case Closed.

Steve Smith was never our #1. He was a possession receiver with a knack of finding holes in the zone and catching a lot of balls, especially on third down.
    Nope. Actually, he played the 1 for us in the 2009 season where he was the go to receiver. He started in 15 out of the 16 games and lined up a lot on the outside.. I remember that season well.[/quote]

Then he had microfracture surgery and he was never the same. He was a very good player for us until he got hurt.
    actually this isnt true. He started dropping passes and he was having a bad season before he even got injured. Hes had enough time to recover. Good players come back after these kinds of injuries.

OK lets look at the indisputable facts. Both guys have played almost exactly the same number of games, so injuries are irrelevant. MM: 59 games, DH: 57 games.

Case Closed.
    ok thats great but the thread is about the Giants being "Dumb Dumb Dunmb" to let him go. I say they werent dumb to let him go.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Case Closed.
    How many were STARTED by them though. Im willing to bet MM started a ton of his games and had more targets. If you get thrown the ball more, of course you will have better stats.

mario's had more tds in multiple seasons then Hixon has in his whole career, and NO, hixon never caught a playoff TD, all hes done is drop one should of been TD in the Philly playoff loss of 08, which was 100pct the turning point of that game.. Its not even remotley close to whos better, outta the 2..

To be honest, Hixon woulden't even be playing if Mario were still here.. If that don't tell u whos better, i don't know what will???lol

Sure i get hes gone, and i'm not saying we should of paid for him, becasue we probably shoulden't have, but it dosen't change the fact hes better then hixon.. He was better college player, he jumped em in the depth chart, hes made a thousand more plays, scored a ton more TDs, and a ton more critical TDs at that...etc Its night and day really...

Again, hixon is just another WR.. Good for depth, can give u a spot start, but u certainly don't want him starting for whole season.. I woulden't mind Mario starting alongside a Nicks or Cruz...

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    ok thats great but the thread is about the Giants being "Dumb Dumb Dunmb" to let him go. I say they werent dumb to let him go.....
    That may be what the OP started with but thats not what we are talking about. We are now talking about who is better, MM or DH. As for our being dumb, wevery team has to make cap decisions. I am fine with our decision because I think Randle is going to be an outstanding player. I also think MM made a mistake going to SF. Not the best place for him with that run first offense.

+ Reply to Thread