+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we all agree now that letting Mario Manningham go was Dumb Dunb Dumb

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    How many were STARTED by them though. Im willing to bet MM started a ton of his games and had more targets. If you get thrown the ball more, of course you will have better stats.
    So you're saying the coaches agree with me that Hixon isn't a starting WR. In Hixon's 57 games, the coaches started him 13 times. In MM's 59, they started him 37 times.

Again....case closed.
    Last edited by Morehead State; 11-20-2012 at 09:29 AM.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    That may be what the OP started with but thats not what we are talking about. We are now talking about who is better, MM or DH. As for our being dumb, wevery team has to make cap decisions. I am fine with our decision because I think Randle is going to be an outstanding player. I also think MM made a mistake going to SF. Not the best place for him with that run first offense.
    I get it. I realize the direction the thread tool but I just wanted to get back on track........
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    How many were STARTED by them though. Im willing to bet MM started a ton of his games and had more targets. If you get thrown the ball more, of course you will have better stats.
    Ya, but all u have to do really is look at Hixons only season worth really looking at, which is 2008, where he played in all 16games and started 7, compared to Mario's first full season with us where he started 10games but only played in 14, and Mario destroys em...

57 822 5 for mario in 09..

43 596 2 for hixon in 08

U can count Hixon's TD's on 1hand for godsake.. Again, he woulden't even be playing if we still had mario..lol What does that tell u?

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, but all u have to do really is look at Hixons only season worth really looking at, which is 2008, where he played in all 16games and started 7, compared to Mario's first full season with us where he started 10games but only played in 14, and Mario destroys em...

43 596 2 for hixon in 08

U can count Hixon's TD's on 1hand for godsake.. Again, he woulden't even be playing if we still had mario..lol What does that tell u?
    it tells me that Hixon had better value to the Giants with the rest of the WR corp than MM did because of the price tags....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Hixon's a career backup that can make a spot start from time to time, and Mario is a guy u can go to in a critical play in the postseason and win a SB or a NFC championship game...

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    OK lets look at the indisputable facts. Both guys have played almost exactly the same number of games, so injuries are irrelevant. MM: 59 games, DH: 57 games.

Hixon: 89 catches 1218 yards 4 TD's

MM: 191 catches 2658 yards 19 TD's.

Case Closed.
    yes but have they played the same number of snaps? In 09 correct me if i am wrong but hixon played the 4 role. He only started in 2 games while manningham started in 10. hixon pretty much missed both the 2010 and 2011 seaons. If you are a reciever and you are 4th or 5th on the depth chart for the NYG's, how many snaps are you going to see per game? you may come in for 1 or 2 plays and on those plays the ball is probably not even designed to go to you.

Ramses barden has played in 9 games this year. You get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post

43 596 2 for hixon in 08

That's right. We were debating in August whether or not Hixon was making the team. If MM was still here, he may not have.

u
    Quote Originally Posted by jax5338 View Post
    while i agree that manningham did all the things you noted, i think he had a lot more natural talent than hixon. dont think the drop off in production is/will be that bad, but i think manningham posed more of a threat with the ball in his hands. that being said you left out "i dont miss him running backwards to lose a first down after already gaining necessary yardage" (even though hixon also did that a few games ago lol)
    Hixon's numbers were better than Manningham's through the first 9 games with Hixon having sat out a game with a concussion. Hixon has a higher % of 1st down catches than all other receivers on the team.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    it tells me that Hixon had better value to the Giants with the rest of the WR corp than MM did because of the price tags....
    ya, theres no doubt that Mario was 2pricey seeing how we have Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz coming up on FA'cy sooner then later, and there more important, but it dosen't change the fact hes better..

I agree, the giants coulden't fit Mario into there budget, and that makes sense.. Hixon will be jumped by Rueben Randle as soon as next yr, just as he'd be buried behind Mario this yr, if we still had em.. Hes a solid depth WR, whos true value came when he was returning kicks, because that is and will always be the time Hixon was playing his best ball for us...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    yes but have the played the same number of snaps? In 09 correct me if i am wrong but hixon played the 4 role. He only started in 2 games while manningham starting in 10. hixon pretty much missed both the 2010 and 2011 seaons. If you are a reciever and you are 4th or 5th on the depth chart for the NYG's, how many snaps are you going to see per game? you may come in for 1 or 2 plays and on those plays the ball is probably not even designed to go to you.

Ramses barden has played in 9 games this year. You get the point.
    He didn't play the same number of snaps because he didn't earn his way on the field. MM got the snaps because he was the superior player. We forget that when Plax went down in 2008, Hixon got his chance. He disappeared after the Washington game, and into the playoffs.
    Just look at the playoff performances.
    Hixon was in 5 playoff games with 2 catches and 37 yards and 0 TD's
    Manningham was in 4 playoff games and had 13 catches, 189 yards and 3 TD's. And the SF TD was the game winner.

I just don't get the case being made that Hixon is a better WR than MM. there is no piece of information, objective or otherwise, that supports that view.

+ Reply to Thread