+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we all agree now that letting Mario Manningham go was Dumb Dunb Dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Why do you think MM got more targets? That number is essentially the same for every WR in the NFL. The ratio of tagets to productivity doesn't change much.
    The reason a guy gets targets is:
    1. He's on the field because he's better
    2. He's open
    3. He has the best chance on the field to make a play.
    Bingo! Again, There isn't one team in the league gonna give hixon much of a contract.. He'll get picked up somwhere, and have to fight for a roster spot.. mario woulden't have to fight for a roster spot in GB, NO, or Here with the GIANTS.. If mario was gonna play for what hixon makes, were not even discussing this, becasue hixon is a memory!!!lol

I also like Hixon for what he is.. I hate how a thread like this gets brought up and then if u disagre and have a long debate its starts to make u look like u dont like the guy.. I absoulutley like Hixon, but he definetly is replacable, and i honestly would be shocked if Rueben Randle dosen't have the 3rd WR spot all but locked as early as next yr...

Oh come on RF. Hixon is in a pass first offense and MM is in a run first offense. The advantage here is that we have an objective comparison. They were on the same team with the same QB throwing the ball for almost all of their careers. The productivity is so lopsided that its literally laughable that a case is being made for Hixon. Hixon is a ROLE PLAYER. MM is an offensive WEAPON!!! All the facts support my position. ALL OF THEM. Regular season, playoffs, big plays.....it all supports MM by a mile.
    You and I are just polar opposites.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Yes but MM produced. Hixon didn't. When Hixon had his chance in 2008 he DIDN'T produce.
    And in regards to the coaching staff, Hixon was the vet and MM was the youngster. The pattern for these coaches was to favor Hixon. They didn't.
    You guys are grasping at straws here with some of your arguments. Just step back, put away any preconceived notions and look at the productivity. Both on the same team with the same QB.
    Its not even close. I just don't get the argument here for Hixon vs. Manningham.
    steve smith, manninham, and hixon all didnt step up in 08. it was a much different situation. You could run back to your look who produced argument but we already explained why. Your whole argument about who produced more is very flawed. And you know it.

I honestly think theres something 2 ELI having such a down season with Nicks being dinged up again, but not having Mario, and having Dom Hixon and Randle instead.. Obviously Randles a rook, but i'm just saying.. Its much easier to get by with Mario and Cruz fully healthy and nicks dinged up then it is with Cruz and Hixon and Randle healthy and Nicks dinged up.. I think ELI's barley 50pct TD/INT rate and only 13TD passes so far, shows just that...

I'm sure as MM was catching that huge TD at SF in the playoffs, the Niners were saying "that should count because he had a bad Wonderlic score"

I have never been concerned at all with MM's "intelligence". I care what he does on the field to help our team win.
    And has done subtantially more in that regard than Domenik Hixon. And BTW..I like Hixon a lot. I especially like his ST ability.
    but his intelligence regularly affected his production on the field

he could have been twice the player if he didn't make so many technical mistakes

his athletic ability is off the charts but unfortunately football is....well to quote John Madden..."99% of the game is half mental"......whatever that means

I think if Mario did grasp the game and the Giants offense a bit more we may have never seen the emergence of Victor Cruz

I respect everything good that Mario did for this team......but it does not erase the memory of all the mistakes he made that don't show up on the TV broadcast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    steve smith, manninham, and hixon didnt step up in 08. it was a much different situation. You could run back to your look who produced argument but we already explained why. Your whole argument about who produced more is very flawed. And you know it.
    MM was a raw rookie in 2008 and was hurt a good part of the season.

Please tell me by what standard you are claiming that Hixon is better than Manningham.
    Its not production.
    Its not catches
    Its not yards
    Its not TD's
    Its not playoff performance.
    Its not play in the clutch.
    Its not who did Eli throw far more to.
    Its not big plays made at biggest moments.

What is the standard?
    Get well soon 80.

2012 stats:

Mario Manningham 30 receptions,343 yards(11.1 ypc) and 1 td
    Dominic Hixon 26 receptions, 380 yards(14.6 ypc)

In 2012, Mario Manningham makes makes anywhere from $3.2 million to 4.2 Million depending on his incentives.

In 2012, Domenik Hixon makes $615 k

What were you saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    steve smith, manninham, and hixon all didnt step up in 08. it was a much different situation. You could run back to your look who produced argument but we already explained why. Your whole argument about who produced more is very flawed. And you know it.
    Mario was a rookie and a injured one at that.. I mean, how is Mario being a rookie and injured most of the yr, mean he didn't step up?

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    ".....make 'em go to Manningham make 'em go to Pascoe...."
    Bill Belichick

I love ya my man....but that doesn't sound like fear

and yes he did make them pay for that
    I don't think that BB's statement means that teams didn't fear Manningham . . . . just that they feared Nicks and Cruz more.

+ Reply to Thread