+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we all agree now that letting Mario Manningham go was Dumb Dunb Dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    That's right. We were debating in August whether or not Hixon was making the team. If MM was still here, he may not have.
    Next yr, Randle will have his spot, i almost gurantee it.. Randles played in far last snaps, and just been on the field a ton less, and yet hes tied with Hixon for catches in a game this yr with 6, as hixon's only done it once as well as randle..

Shoot, Randles got as many 60yrd games as Hixon has this yr, which is 2...lol I promise u, that if mario was here, he'd have at least 4-5 games of 60plus yrds recieving..

He didn't play the same number of snaps because he didn't earn his way on the field. MM got the snaps because he was the superior player. We forget that when Plax went down in 2008, Hixon got his chance. He disappeared after the Washington game, and into the playoffs.
    Just look at the playoff performances.
    Hixon was in 5 playoff games with 2 catches and 37 yards and 0 TD's
    Manningham was in 4 playoff games and had 13 catches, 189 yards and 3 TD's. And the SF TD was the game winner.

I just don't get the case being made that Hixon is a better WR than MM. there is no piece of information, objective or otherwise, that supports that view.
    Don't forget one of the ugliest playoff drops that i can remember by Hixon in that philly game where he was a starter and we scored a lousy 11points, and his crucial drop was the turning point of the game...

Its really not debatable..

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    u Hixon's numbers were better than Manningham's through the first 9 games with Hixon having sat out a game with a concussion. Hixon has a higher % of 1st down catches than all other receivers on the team.
    Oh come on RF. Hixon is in a pass first offense and MM is in a run first offense. The advantage here is that we have an objective comparison. They were on the same team with the same QB throwing the ball for almost all of their careers.
    The productivity is so lopsided that its literally laughable that a case is being made for Hixon.

Hixon is a ROLE PLAYER. MM is an offensive WEAPON!!!
    All the facts support my position. ALL OF THEM.
    Regular season, playoffs, big plays.....it all supports MM by a mile.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Don't forget one of the ugliest playoff drops that i can remember by Hixon in that philly game where he was a starter and we scored a lousy 11points, and his crucial drop was the turning point of the game...

Its really not debatable..
    Just like CRuz last week.....

all WR drop balls. Hixon really not known for that......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

He didn't play the same number of snaps because he didn't earn his way on the field.
    You and i both know that that the whole earn playing time thing goes out the window with this coaching staff. if hixon didnt get injured last year he would have started over cruz in spite of how well cruz played in camp and in the preseason. And i dont think anyone here would argue who is better between cruz and hixon.

You could argue locklear should be starting over DD or that stevie brown should be starting over rolle or that andre brown should be in over bradshaw. Last year Osi started over Jpp for the majority of the season even though they did split time. And if you look back to preseason i dont know how the hell david carr made the team. Ryan played better than him in the preseason and they didnt even give him a chance. They wont even give wilson playing time.

We have a good coaching staff but the words "earning playing time" and "Giants" should never be in the same sentence. As far as the 08 season goes it was a much different situation. a lot more pressure was on hixon. But i hate making excuses so ill give you that. He didnt step up. But manningham didnt either that year. Right now hixon is better
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 11-20-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Oh come on RF. Hixon is in a pass first offense and MM is in a run first offense..
    what about last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    You and i both know that that the whole earn playing time thing goes out the window with this coaching staff. if hixon didnt get injured last year he would have started over cruz in spite of how well cruz played in camp and in the preseason. And i dont think anyone where would argue who is better between cruz and hixon.

You could argue locklear should be starting over DD or that stevie brown should be starting over rolle or that andre brown should be in over bradshaw. And if you look back to preseason i dont know how the hell david carr made the team. Ryan played better than him in the preseason and they didnt even give him a chance.

We have a good coaching staff but the words "earning playing time" and "Giants" should never be in the same sentence. As far as the 08 season goes it was a much different situation a lot more pressure was on hixon. And if you really want to take it that far, then why didnt manninham step up with hixon was struggling. Right now hixon is better.
    well for one, Mario was injured just about the entire 08 season, and was about as raw as u can get, coming from mind numbingly basic offense at Michigan... If he was healthy for the whole season, i'd be willing to bet he'd make a few more plays to get ELI's and Coughlins attention and hence get more looks..

You and i both know that that the whole earn playing time thing goes out the window with this coaching staff. if hixon didnt get injured last year he would have started over cruz in spite of how well cruz played in camp and in the preseason. And i dont think anyone where would argue who is better between cruz and hixon.

You could argue locklear should be starting over DD or that stevie brown should be starting over rolle or that andre brown should be in over bradshaw. And if you look back to preseason i dont know how the hell david carr made the team. Ryan played better than him in the preseason and they didnt even give him a chance.

We have a good coaching staff but the words "earning playing time" and "Giants" should never be in the same sentence. As far as the 08 season goes it was a much different situation a lot more pressure was on hixon. And if you really want to take it that far, then why didnt manninham step up with hixon was struggling. Right now hixon is better.

MM got the snaps because he was the superior player. We forget that when Plax went down in 2008, Hixon got his chance. He disappeared after the Washington game, and into the playoffs.
    Just look at the playoff performances.
    Hixon was in 5 playoff games with 2 catches and 37 yards and 0 TD's
    Manningham was in 4 playoff games and had 13 catches, 189 yards and 3 TD's. And the SF TD was the game winner.

I just don't get the case being made that Hixon is a better WR than MM. there is no piece of information, objective or otherwise, that supports that view.
    [/QUOTE]

Yes but MM produced. Hixon didn't. When Hixon had his chance in 2008 he DIDN'T produce.
    And in regards to the coaching staff, Hixon was the vet and MM was the youngster. The pattern for these coaches was to favor Hixon. They didn't.
    You guys are grasping at straws here with some of your arguments. Just step back, put away any preconceived notions and look at the productivity. Both on the same team with the same QB.
    Its not even close. I just don't get the argument here for Hixon vs. Manningham.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    but in the end he scared defenses and Hixon doesn't.
    ".....make 'em go to Manningham make 'em go to Pascoe...."
    Bill Belichick

I love ya my man....but that doesn't sound like fear

and yes he did make them pay for that

what about last year?
    lets talk about last year. Manningham had 3 TD's in 4 post season games. Thats one less TD that Hixon has had in his entire NFL career.

Stop making my case for me...its poor salesmanship.

+ Reply to Thread