+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 220

Thread: Can we all agree now that letting Mario Manningham go was Dumb Dunb Dumb

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Why do you think MM got more targets? That number is essentially the same for every WR in the NFL. The ratio of tagets to productivity doesn't change much.
    The reason a guy gets targets is:
    1. He's on the field because he's better
    2. He's open
    3. He has the best chance on the field to make a play.
    Being on the field doesnt always mean you are the better player and you know this. If you are not on the field as much you wont be able to get open, and if your're not on the field you cant make a play. This isnt going anywhere lol. In every point you make, you leave out important information.

    you say manningham produced more, but you leave out the fact he has had a lot more opportunities than hixon.

  2. #122
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,099
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    2012 stats:

    Mario Manningham 30 receptions,343 yards(11.1 ypc) and 1 td
    Dominic Hixon 26 receptions, 380 yards(14.6 ypc)

    In 2012, Mario Manningham makes makes anywhere from $3.2 million to 4.2 Million depending on his incentives.

    In 2012, Domenik Hixon makes $615 k

    What were you saying?
    Please tell me ur not bringing up what mario's doing this yr in SF with a QB who passes very little compared to the giants and Hixon?? Thats pretty much the one thing most everyone managed to keep outta the debate because it means so very little... Obviously its a completely diffrent offense..

    Also, no ones debating weather or not we should of let mario go, with Nicks and Cruz pending FA'cy looming sooner then later, but the debate has gotten to a "mario better then hixon or hixon better then mario" debate more then anything..

    If Hixon were in SF, he'd not even be playing.. He'd be sitting behind Randy Moss, Michael Crabtree, and Kyle Williams.. Shoot, they woulden't of had much interest in signing hixon, most likely...

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    2012 stats:

    Mario Manningham 30 receptions,343 yards(11.1 ypc) and 1 td
    Dominic Hixon 26 receptions, 380 yards(14.6 ypc)

    In 2012, Mario Manningham makes makes anywhere from $3.2 million to 4.2 Million depending on his incentives.

    In 2012, Domenik Hixon makes $615 k

    What were you saying?
    +1 ^
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

  4. #124
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Being on the field doesnt always mean you are the better player and you know this. If you are not on the field as much you wont be able to get open, and if your're not on the field you cant make a play. This isnt going anywhere lol. In every point you make, you leave out important information.

    you say manningham produced more, but you leave out the fact he has had a lot more opportunities than hixon.
    So what did Hixon do with his oppurtunity in 08? Sure, it looked like he was gonna be a stud for us and hellp really shoulder the load, but once defenses caught wind of him, the big games abruptly stopped.. Hes only scored 4tds in his entire career and had like 2 100yrd games..lol Sure, hes not had the opp's like Mario, but mario blew past em on the depth chart, and would be ahead of him now if he were here... And the funny thing is, Hixon and Mario arrived at about the same time, and yet mario still blew by em...

  5. #125
    Moderator YATittle1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Uncle YA
    Posts
    19,357
    bottom line here ....I just trust Hixon more......he doesn't make the mistake Mario made

    and spare me the ....why was Mario on the field over Hixon?

    I could add....why has Wilson not seen the field?
    why does Brown get no touches after being very productive?
    why does Diehl start when he is clearly less productive than his replacement ?


    ...and I'm out

    keep it clean fellas, no rabbit punches, and no blows below the belt

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    MM was a raw rookie in 2008 and was hurt a good part of the season.

    Please tell me by what standard you are claiming that Hixon is better than Manningham.
    Its not production.
    Its not catches
    Its not yards
    Its not TD's
    Its not playoff performance.
    Its not play in the clutch.
    Its not who did Eli throw far more to.
    Its not big plays made at biggest moments.

    What is the standard?
    hixon is faster, catches the ball with his hands better, runs better routes.

    However he has had less opportunities than mario so of course mario will have better stats. Pretty much everything you mentioned on that list has to do with mario having more opportunities.

    Its funny that your list is about production and doesnt look something like this.

    its not speed
    its not catching
    its not route running

    You get the point.

    There is no point in replying any longer because you still continue to leave out important information. For example, you say its not catches, But its pretty evident that hixon has better hands. manningham made some key catches in some key situations, yes. But he always catches the ball with his body, bobbles it a lot, and often drops easy passes.

    Demarius thomas is a better receiver than manningham but manningham has had more overall production than him because he has had more opportunities. Sometimes you cant always look at stats.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 11-20-2012 at 10:19 AM.

  7. #127
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,099
    ELI MANNING 2012 stats- 364Pass attempts 2641yrd


    ALEX SMITH 2012 stats- 216Pass attempts 1730yrd


    U were saying??lol Comparing the 2012 numbers are stupid.. Its like comparing the New York Yankees HR total to the Kansas City Royals..lol

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    bottom line here ....I just trust Hixon more......he doesn't make the mistake Mario made

    and spare me the ....why was Mario on the field over Hixon?

    I could add....why has Wilson not seen the field?
    why does Brown get no touches after being very productive?
    why does Diehl start when he is clearly less productive than his replacement ?


    ...and I'm out

    keep it clean fellas, no rabbit punches, and no blows below the belt
    haha im out too.

  9. #129
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,881
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    but his intelligence regularly affected his production on the field

    he could have been twice the player if he didn't make so many technical mistakes

    his athletic ability is off the charts but unfortunately football is....well to quote John Madden..."99% of the game is half mental"......whatever that means

    I think if Mario did grasp the game and the Giants offense a bit more we may have never seen the emergence of Victor Cruz

    I respect everything good that Mario did for this team......but it does not erase the memory of all the mistakes he made that don't show up on the TV broadcast
    I don't buy the "he didn't grasp the offense" rap either. thats more MB legend than anything else. I know its anecdotal but the pick at SF last year where MM broke one way and Eli threw the other was blamed on MM Aikman, but MM broke to the open spot and Eli threw it into triple coverage inside. These sight adjustments are about seeing the field and reacting. They aren't about being able to solve math problems.

    But the point is that MM for whatever his faults and strengths were, was simply a far more productive and impactful player than Hixon ever was. He was a vital part of our offense and a key to our success. And played a vital role in our SB championship last year.
    Hixon has never fulfilled that role with us. At least not on offense.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  10. #130
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    hixon is faster, catches the ball with his hands better, runs better routes.

    However he has had less opportunities than mario so of course mario will have better stats. There is no point in replying any longer because you still continue to leave out important information. For example, you say its not catches, But its pretty evident that hixon has better hands. manningham made some key catches in some key situations, yes. But he always catches the ball with his body, bobbles it a lot, and often drops easy passes.

    Demarius thomas is a better receiver than manningham but manningham has had more overall production than him because he has had more opportunities. Sometimes you cant always look at stats.
    Demariyous Thomas is in his 2nd yr...LOL Demariyous Thomas is in his first yr with a QB who actually throws the ball in his entire career, including College, as he was in a Option attack college at G.Tech.. He went from that to Tim Tebow..lol Now hes got Peyton manning, and hes one of the best WR's in all of football..lol Bad example... Hixons always had ELI, and Mario blew past em on the depth chart, and made big catches in the postseason, and our offense never struggled like it is now when nicks got hurt and was playing gimpy when we had mario to shoulder more of the load..

    The 2worst stretches of offense i've seen from this team in awhile was toward end of 08 and now, both times when Dom Hixon was a decent part of the offense..

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts