+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 220

Thread: Can we all agree now that letting Mario Manningham go was Dumb Dunb Dumb

  1. #131
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    hixon is faster, catches the ball with his hands better, runs better routes.

    However he has had less opportunities than mario so of course mario will have better stats. Pretty much everything you mentioned on that list has to do with mario having more opportunities.

    Its funny that your list is about production and doesnt look something like this.

    its not speed
    its not catching
    its not route running

    You get the point.

    There is no point in replying any longer because you still continue to leave out important information. For example, you say its not catches, But its pretty evident that hixon has better hands. manningham made some key catches in some key situations, yes. But he always catches the ball with his body, bobbles it a lot, and often drops easy passes.

    Demarius thomas is a better receiver than manningham but manningham has had more overall production than him because he has had more opportunities. Sometimes you cant always look at stats.
    So how do you explain the HUGE difference in productivity and impact on the team with the same guy throwing the ball to each?
    Get well soon 80.

  2. #132
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I do like Hixon...but the comparison between the two isn't even close. MM makes plays. He makes BIG plays. He turns 3 yard outs into 50 yard TD's. (see Dallas game a few years ago).
    All this stuff about bad routes and being "dumb" is so overhyped. The kid had almost 1000 yards and 9 TD'd in 2010 in part time duty. Hixon has never approached that. Hixon is a role player. MM is a threat. No one is concerned that Domenik Hixon is going to burn them. MM has burned plenty of defenses.
    8 of those tds in 2010 were over +20 yard tds.Thats pretty amazing imo. MM was a huge play maker here. Pity how many here forget

  3. #133
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,412
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    bottom line here ....I just trust Hixon more......he doesn't make the mistake Mario made

    and spare me the ....why was Mario on the field over Hixon?

    I could add....why has Wilson not seen the field?
    why does Brown get no touches after being very productive?
    why does Diehl start when he is clearly less productive than his replacement ?


    ...and I'm out

    keep it clean fellas, no rabbit punches, and no blows below the belt
    The diffrence being is Hixon was here and playing before Mario.. Mario took Hixons spot and never relinqueshed it.. Do u think when Hixons a FA, any team is gonna offer him anything more then a cheap 1yr deal? Why do u think that is? Don't u find it strange, our offense is struggling like it is with Mario gone, and hixon fulfilling his roll? Also, Randle has just as many 60yrd games and 6catch games as hixon, and hes barley seen the field.. Hixon still has yet to score this yr as well.. Were way better off with Mario on this team when Nicks is gimpy and/or injured then we are with Hixon.. its not even close.. The nubmers hixon's putting up as a 3rd WR for us are insulting compared to what Mario was doing for us...

  4. #134
    here's some stuff to think about ;

    Barden catches 74% of his targets and averages 15,7 yards per catch
    Hixon catches 65% of his targets and averages 14.6 yards per catch
    Nicks catches 61% of his targets and averages 12.9 yards per catch
    Cruz catches 61%% of his targets and averages 12.4 yards per catch
    Randle catches 55% of his targets and averages 14.4 yards per catch

    you folks see what you want to see ...not whats really going on.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

  5. #135
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,412
    Last yr, Mario through 10games

    36catches 4td's..

    hixon 26catches 0tds.. And i'm to lazy to do the yardage, so i'm not gonna... but its alot mroe in mario's favor...

  6. #136
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,788
    I just get this entire argument. 4 months ago we were discussing whether or not Hixon was going to make the team, and now we are arguing if he's as good as Mario Manningham?
    The guy was huge in the playoffs last year for us. He PROVED his worth. Hixon has never done a thing in the playoffs very little in the regular season either. and has actually played in 1 more playoff game than MM.
    I mean its like arguing as to whose a better QB, Peyton Manning or Alex Smith. You guys are making all these meaningless points and ignoring the big facts. Like "who's more productive?" Who's made the big plays when we've needed them the most?"
    Hixon has scored a grand total of 4 TD"s. Manningham has 19!. Manningham has more than twice the yards. Manningham has 3 playoff TD's. Hixon has none. Manningham had one of the greatest and most important catches in Giants history. Hixon has done nothing in big spots.

    Its completely silly here. This argument makes not sense at all.
    Get well soon 80.

  7. #137
    no , the argument is whether to pay MM 3.5 mil to be a #3 ,
    or to let him go and pay Hixon 600k to be a #3.

    even if you think he's better....he's not 3mil better , not for a #3 WR.
    Last edited by stormblue; 11-20-2012 at 10:37 AM.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

  8. #138
    Veteran EnragedYouth85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Osan AB, S. Korea
    Posts
    3,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I just get this entire argument. 4 months ago we were discussing whether or not Hixon was going to make the team, and now we are arguing if he's as good as Mario Manningham?
    The guy was huge in the playoffs last year for us. He PROVED his worth. Hixon has never done a thing in the playoffs very little in the regular season either. and has actually played in 1 more playoff game than MM.
    I mean its like arguing as to whose a better QB, Peyton Manning or Alex Smith. You guys are making all these meaningless points and ignoring the big facts. Like "who's more productive?" Who's made the big plays when we've needed them the most?"
    Hixon has scored a grand total of 4 TD"s. Manningham has 19!. Manningham has more than twice the yards. Manningham has 3 playoff TD's. Hixon has none. Manningham had one of the greatest and most important catches in Giants history. Hixon has done nothing in big spots.

    Its completely silly here. This argument makes not sense at all.

    +1, I do like Hixon but MM is better... we just couldn't afford him.

  9. #139
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,788
    Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    no , the argument is pay MM 3.5 mil to be a #3 ,
    or let him go pay Hixon 600k to be a #3.
    Thats not what we're talking about at all.

    If you say that for cap reasons its better to keep the inferior player because he's much cheaper..... thats fine. I tend to agree because we have two outstanding WR's plus a high draft pick who has a great up side. You can't keep all your players in the cap era.

    from a business perspective..I'm fine with it. But some folks here are saying that Hixon is simply a better player than Manningham and I'm saying that by any standard, they are as wrong as they can be.
    Get well soon 80.

  10. #140
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    26,588
    after 14 pages its pretty clear some think one way and some think another...

    blah blah blah....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts