+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we all agree now that letting Mario Manningham go was Dumb Dunb Dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Thats not what we're talking about at all.

If you say that for cap reasons its better to keep the inferior player because he's much cheaper..... thats fine. I tend to agree because we have two outstanding WR's plus a high draft pick who has a great up side. You can't keep all your players in the cap era.

from a business perspective..I'm fine with it. But some folks here are saying that Hixon is simply a better player than Manningham and I'm saying that by any standard, they are as wrong as they can be.
    i believe the thread title is

"can we now all agree that letting MM go was Dumb-Dumb-Dumb !! "

the answer to the thread question is - NO ! it was not dumb because you can not pay 3,5 mil for #3 WR.
    now , people have slowly turned this it into an MM vs DH thread .
    but if comparisons are to be made between MM and other WR's , it should be Cruz and Nicks
    that he gets compared to , cuz they are the 3.5 mil guys.
    Last edited by stormblue; 11-20-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    here's some stuff to think about ;

Barden catches 74% of his targets and averages 15,7 yards per catch
    Hixon catches 65% of his targets and averages 14.6 yards per catch
    Nicks catches 61% of his targets and averages 12.9 yards per catch
    Cruz catches 61%% of his targets and averages 12.4 yards per catch
    Randle catches 55% of his targets and averages 14.4 yards per catch

you folks see what you want to see ...not whats really going on.
    THANK YOU! Do you have MM's #s?

I remember telling people Barden catches almost everything thrown at him. Looks like I was right. Im surprised Nicks % is so low though. Cruz not havign the sharpest year either. Barden and Hixon are solid #3 WRs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    THANK YOU! Do you have MM's #s?

I remember telling people Barden catches almost everything thrown at him. Looks like I was right. Im surprised Nicks % is so low though. Cruz not havign the sharpest year either. Barden and Hixon are solid #3 WRs.
    this year with SF ...its 77% and 11.1 yards per catch.

but it's hard to compare with a different team's offense.
    SF is that dinkity-dunk high % completion west coast stuff.
    ( SF has that illegal stick'em too...LOL)

but last year with Eli...it was only a very poor 53%....and 13 yards per catch.
    Last edited by stormblue; 11-20-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

I mean for us, maybe last year for example. SF is a completely different offense then ours.

i believe the thread title is

"can we now all agree that letting MM go was Dumb-Dumb-Dumb !! "

the answer to the thread question is - NO ! it was not dumb because you can not pay 3,5 mil for #3 WR.
    now , people have slowly turned this it into an MM vs DH thread .
    but if comparisons are to be made between MM and other WR's , it should be Cruz and Nicks
    that he gets compared to , cuz they are the 3.5 mil guys.
    Actually the title of the thread is "Can we all now agree that letting MM go was Dumb Dunb. Dumb. It think thats self explanatory.
    Get well soon 80.

I mean for us, maybe last year for example. SF is a completely different offense then ours.
    Evidently not. evidently some here think that SF's offense is every bit the pass oriented offense ours is and that Alex Smith is every bit the prolific passer that Eli is.
    As long as it supports their argument of course.
    Get well soon 80.

Banned
    So how do you explain the HUGE difference in productivity and impact on the team with the same guy throwing the ball to each?
    Thats the thing MS, folks just want to look at stats as well as percentages and not what is often called the "intangibles." Mario Manningham stretched defenses and forced them to account for him freeing up others. MM was great for offense even when he didn't catch the ball. No matter how we look at it, our offense is not performing the same as it did with MM on the field. Lets hope that we fix what is wrong and make a strong run after this bye week.

It is kind of like when folks just take in to account the guy that gets the sack but not the other guy that pressured the QB to run that way.

Actually the title of the thread is "Can we all now agree that letting MM go was Dumb Dunb. Dumb. It think thats self explanatory.
    LOL ...yeah i noticed that , but i don't throw stones unless i'm thrown at first.
    i get enough grief from the homers around here as it is....ha-ha !

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Please tell me ur not bringing up what mario's doing this yr in SF with a QB who passes very little compared to the giants and Hixon?? Thats pretty much the one thing most everyone managed to keep outta the debate because it means so very little... Obviously its a completely diffrent offense..

Also, no ones debating weather or not we should of let mario go, with Nicks and Cruz pending FA'cy looming sooner then later, but the debate has gotten to a "mario better then hixon or hixon better then mario" debate more then anything..

If Hixon were in SF, he'd not even be playing.. He'd be sitting behind Randy Moss, Michael Crabtree, and Kyle Williams.. Shoot, they woulden't of had much interest in signing hixon, most likely...
    Except Mario's stats last year at this exact point in the season were virtually identical to this years. 33 catches for 400 yards.

Remember, my analysis was not just of performance, but of performance AND pay since the topic of the thread was the RESIGNING of mario. In that regard, there is little doubt I am correct. I think even the 49ers would agree he has not earned his paycheck, especially considering they signed him to be the starter and he is 3rd on the depth chart.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 11-20-2012 at 12:48 PM.

but it's hard to compare with a different team's offense.
    SF is that dinkity-dunk high % completion west coast stuff.
    ( SF has that illegal stick'em too...LOL)

but last year with Eli...it was only a very poor 53%....and 13 yards per catch.

+ Reply to Thread