+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    To my recollection Manningham wanted to be more then a #3 WR on the depth chart, and it was evident he was never going to be more here. San Fran sold him with you will be our #1 or #2 WR. And so he signed with the 49ers. Unless the Giants were going to give him a contract offer that he couldn't refuse he wasn't coming back to the Giants.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    To my recollection Manningham wanted to be more then a #3 WR on the depth chart, and it was evident he was never going to be more here. San Fran sold him with you will be our #1 or #2 WR. And so he signed with the 49ers. Unless the Giants were going to give him a contract offer that he couldn't refuse he wasn't coming back to the Giants.
    Well there are two arguments going on here. As far as our wisdom in not signing MM, it makes perfect sense. You can't pay a guy like a #2 when he's going to be a #3. He's a solid #2 WR in the league. He also made a terrible decision going to SF. Its where WR's go to die. Look at Crabtree, he's a top talent and has marginal productivity. He should have gone to Tampa or even NE where he would get the ball.

As far as the second argument, MM is twice the player that Domenik Hixon is, as demonstrated by his performance over the past 4 years with us.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Hixon has more stats as a #3 than Mario as a #2 THIS year....So no, not really upset that he left...

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    could we not have cut David Baas to save some money? Didn't San Fran stick us with that stiff
    Yes ... we had no choice in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post

As far as the second argument, MM is twice the player that Domenik Hixon is, as demonstrated by his performance over the past 4 years with us.
    And because MM is making four times what Hixon is, is why we win

Hah...yes I am. Who are you?
    team ashley shaffer
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Hah...yes I am. Who are you?
    were both holding onto playoff spots
    FUTURE NFL STAR

I don't know why everyone is talking about who is better MM or Hixon. I like Hixon a lot and was the poster who wanted him to start in a 3 wr set with Plax and Toomer in 08 cause they really needed another big threat wich Hixon or Smith would provide but, MM is better cause he can stay healthy. Hixon has been out too much and a player who is not playing is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    were both holding onto playoff spots
    It would take an act of God for me not to make it. I got off to a terrible start, losing my first 3, but have come back. I like my team a lot. Got hurt with AP on a bye last week but those days are over.
    I expect a Morehead championship.
    Maybe we'll meet in the playoffs.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran
    It's time for our Giants to do what they can with what they have. No MM. He is not even in our rearview anymore. We must stay focused on what we can control. GO GIANTS.