+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Sample size = 1 game.

Color me convinced.
    Its called the eye test. just look at what they can do. Obviously it is too soon to say for sure that Kaep is better then Smith, but I tend to think that way as well.

I think Smith is a game manager, no better then average in this league. That is all. He was a bust his first 8 years. Harbough found a way to make him work, by being a game manager.

Kaep has a huge upside and he was my 2nd favorite QB of that class, behind Dalton. I guess I hit the nail on the head huh, unless you still think Cam is what he was his rookie year.

49ers are a real threat now with Kaepernick at the helm. Im serious. He is going to be a very good QB eventually.
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    i think Plax came from the Steelers.....and has a 2006 SB ring with them.
    caught our winning TD in SB42.
    Burress became a Giant in 2005 and his only ring is as a Giant

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    No I remember what happened in the Super Bowl........he saved us form a sure loss of that game

This is so reminiscent of how we tend to remember players we like for example guys like Shockey and to some extent you see a lot of it now with Bennett.

If you need an occasional spectacular or great catch and run, Shockey was your man. If it was 3rd and 8, you could pretty much bet the house that he'd drop that pass. Yet, we often look back and view him as a great clutch player.

Bennett has many similar qualities although he certainly doesn't have Shockey's pass catching ability. He makes a couple of pedestrian catches and we act like he's bound for Canton but we seem more than willing to look past the fact that he seems to have awful hands and nearly zero field presence. He's a helluva run blocker though...

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    OK lets look at the indisputable facts. Both guys have played almost exactly the same number of games, so injuries are irrelevant. MM: 59 games, DH: 57 games.

Hixon: 89 catches 1218 yards 4 TD's

MM: 191 catches 2658 yards 19 TD's.

Case Closed.

This is so stupid.

Who's to say Hixon wouldn't close this gap with a couple of 51 catch 720 yard games with 7 or 8 TDs?

I mean really....

This is so stupid.

Who's to say Hixon wouldn't close this gap with a couple of 51 catch 720 yard games with 7 or 8 TDs?

I mean really....
    What was I thinking????
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by jakegibbs View Post
    You don't break up a SB winning team or you didn't back in the dynasty days anyway. An Eli took a pay cut to keep him to boot right? Didn't they restructure Eli's contract for salary cap space to try & keep players like Manningham?

Yep yep yep I agree it was dumb dumb & dumber

Why would someone restructure their contract to pay a #3 receiver #1 money?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Its called the eye test. just look at what they can do. Obviously it is too soon to say for sure that Kaep is better then Smith, but I tend to think that way as well.

I think Smith is a game manager, no better then average in this league. That is all. He was a bust his first 8 years. Harbough found a way to make him work, by being a game manager.
    ope

Kaep has a huge upside and he was my 2nd favorite QB of that class, behind Dalton. I guess I hit the nail on the head huh, unless you still think Cam is what he was his rookie year.

49ers are a real threat now with Kaepernick at the helm. Im serious. He is going to be a very good QB eventually.
    He's already a very good QB.....I hope the 49rs confer with Coughlin on this and bury the guy on the bench behind david deihl....uhhhhhhh I meant Alex Sanchez

uh I meant Alex SMITH....I'm losing it.............Thank God the Knicks are NBA leaders.......I;'m afraid my Giants are doomed for 2012

Just watching him come back to that first pass made me feel awful
    I believe that is what is called the salary cap.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

Why would someone restructure their contract to pay a #3 receiver #1 money?
    He didn't. He restructured (and thats not a pay cut, if it was the players association would cry foul) to get the Giants under the cap for this year. They just agreed to pay him more in the out years.
    He didn't do it to pay guys like Manningham. Manningham was gone from the start. He did it so we could manage our team that was over the cap.
    Get well soon 80.

Its not a high bar to jump over anyway.......but the guy was spectacular

He had a good game. In terms of a backup coming in and doing that would make him..........not the slightest bit unique at all. The advantage he has - as you've correctly pointed out - is that he doesn't need to be that good to be better than the incumbent.

That said, if he stays the starter I'd expect him to settle into the middle of the pack of QBs which is probably about right for him...