+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we all agree now that letting Mario Manningham go was Dumb Dunb Dumb

I don't miss his him in the slightest.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    I dont know..Manninghan has great hands........not so sure about Hixon, and Randle........they have Bennett type hands
    From what I heard about Randle before and after the draft was that he has good hands

I dont know..Manninghan has great hands........
    Maningham has great hands?

Okay. this is the last straw. What ever you're smoking please whisper me the name of it in my inbox. You are on cloud 9 right now lol.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 11-19-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Randle will end up being a wr then manningham, he is already making contributions his rookie season. Also good on punt returns.

Veteran
    lol lol lol.. talking about something or someone being dumb dumb dumb..

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    if that's the case then why was Mario starting over Hixon?
    At the beginning of the season Hixon was starting above Mario iirc. It was Nicks, Hixon, Mario, Cruz, Barden, Jernigan, iirc. Hixon went down in week 2 with the ACL. Nicks was out of commission too. We sign Stokley for the Philly game. Mario temporarily became #1 receiver for that game, but Cruz quickly leapfrogged him into the #2 spot, basically replacing Hixon...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    I don't miss him not understanding the offense after 4 years
    I don't miss him bobbling balls every time one came his way
    I don't miss him cutting his routes short and leaving footballs hanging in the air
    I don't miss him not understanding how to read defenses therefor missing sight adjustments
    I don't miss him constantly squeezing his routes to the sideline leaving Eli nowhere to place the ball
    I don't miss him not being able to stay in bounds after catches
    I don't miss his much to be desired route running

so no I cannot agree

Hixon is twice the route runner
    has twice the hands
    and understands the defense both inside and outside
    plus he can play specials

Hixon > Manningham all day.....and night
    Love Ya my friend, but I have to disagree.
    Manningham is twice the playmaker that Hixon is. And its playmakers that win football games.
    MM made a boatload of plays for our team over the past years, including the biggest one at the exact right time.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    I don't miss him not understanding the offense after 4 years
    I don't miss him bobbling balls every time one came his way
    I don't miss him cutting his routes short and leaving footballs hanging in the air
    I don't miss him not understanding how to read defenses therefor missing sight adjustments
    I don't miss him constantly squeezing his routes to the sideline leaving Eli nowhere to place the ball
    I don't miss him not being able to stay in bounds after catches
    I don't miss his much to be desired route running

so no I cannot agree

Hixon is twice the route runner
    has twice the hands
    and understands the defense both inside and outside
    plus he can play specials

Hixon > Manningham all day.....and night
    while i agree that manningham did all the things you noted, i think he had a lot more natural talent than hixon. dont think the drop off in production is/will be that bad, but i think manningham posed more of a threat with the ball in his hands.

that being said you left out "i dont miss him running backwards to lose a first down after already gaining necessary yardage"
    (even though hixon also did that a few games ago lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Love Ya my friend, but I have to disagree.
    Manningham is twice the playmaker that Hixon is. And its playmakers that win football games.
    MM made a boatload of plays for our team over the past years, including the biggest one at the exact right time.
    No. Manningham i admit is better with the ball in his hands, but hixon is also capable of making big plays and he is faster. We've seen games in the past where hixon would make big plays on special teams and i even remember him catching a short pass vs the eagles and taking it 50+ yards.

Hixon is the more complete receiver and even though he has been in a little slump lately, he is still on pace to having a better year than manningham had for us during the regular season last year. Hixon's biggest problem just like nicks is staying healthy.

Hixon is faster has better hands and can run better routes. The only thing manningham has over him is he is quicker and more elusive with the ball in his hands
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 11-20-2012 at 12:06 AM.

This Colin Kaprenick is way better than Alex Smith
    +100%

================================================== =======================================

I hope we never face SF this season, they are a changed team.. all around !
    Last edited by BillTheGreek; 11-20-2012 at 12:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread