+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any chance..Gilbride uses HURRY UP OFFENSE against GB? Add Wilson in THAT scenario?

Something they would not expect, for sure. Might even be the little jump we ned to get Wilson off and running. Bring the game up to his speed level, and let him take full advantage of that. This kid revs HIGH and fast, so why not let him just rip off a few at 90 mph. Defense can't send in subs, so....

No.....and no.

Gilbride is going to stick with the same gameplan, and will lean on Diehl and Bradshaw against Green Bay.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Well, to be fair, I did see a couple hurry up serieses against Cincy... in garbage time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Well, to be fair, I did see a couple hurry up serieses against Cincy... in garbage time.
    And IT WORKED !!!!! so for cryin' out loud..what the hell would the harm be?? We Need juice...anything that is going to spark these guys into playing ALL IN the next 6 games.

If it makes sense..he will not be using it.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Razur View Post
    Something they would not expect, for sure. Might even be the little jump we ned to get Wilson off and running. Bring the game up to his speed level, and let him take full advantage of that. This kid revs HIGH and fast, so why not let him just rip off a few at 90 mph. Defense can't send in subs, so....
    Uh uh, that will not happen. They talked about it for Cinni, but I didn't see it. I don't think that is going to change. Knowing KG's track record. I think it is a safe bet to say that we will not run the no huddle offense.

Veteran
    Gilbride doesn't see anything wrong with the offense, he thinks it just a lack of execution so expect the exact same offense throughout the remainder of the season with Diehl and Bradshaw starting and Wilson warming up the bench.
    Last edited by Cloud57; 11-20-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razur View Post

+1

our hurry up offense is still slow. Last game we went no huddle and it still took forever to get the play off. Players walking back to line of scrimmage. Would love to see us try to play up tempo like Oregon for a few drives.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxnygmen View Post
    our hurry up offense is still slow. Last game we went no huddle and it still took forever to get the play off. Players walking back to line of scrimmage. Would love to see us try to play up tempo like Oregon for a few drives.
    Agree about the pace, but still feel it is something we hardly ever use, therfor not on film enough to study for opposing DC's and could be the edge we need to light up the Offense energy level, early, take their D off their game plan...we are way too predictable and because we have been executing poorly, are way to vulnerable.