+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

NFC East Division is in Eli's hands

With the exception of JPP, the rest of this defense is clueless.

I don't have any hope that Gilbride and Fewell can outcoach their next two opponents.

I expect these next two games to go the same route as the majority of the season..... Eli is going to have to come from behind and win, and it won't be until the clock forces Gilbride to abandon his refried game plan.

Fortunately, Eli has done it for most of the season, and can do it against the Jets and Dallas defenses. I'm not saying he will.....this team ran out of mulligans a few games ago....but as long as he is on the field, the chance is there.

Re: NFC East Division is in Eli's hands

Yeah well he's not going to do it these next two weeks and then a playoff run. Either way this defense has written our death certificate this year. I say it's over...or at least it ought to be.

[quote user="JMFP2"]With the exception of JPP, the rest of this defense is clueless.

I don't have any hope that Gilbride and Fewell can outcoach their next two opponents.

I expect these next two games to go the same route as the majority of the season..... Eli is going to have to come from behind and win, and it won't be until the clock forces Gilbride to abandon his refried game plan.

Fortunately, Eli has done it for most of the season, and can do it against the Jets and Dallas defenses. I'm not saying he will.....this team ran out of mulligans a few games ago....but as long as he is on the field, the chance is there.[/quote]

If they had a roof on the stadium then I might agree but nothing left this winter but cold & windy playing conditions.

They should have never built an open air stadium unless they could garantee a shut down defense would be on the field by mid Dec.

Sorry to rain on parade but don't expect much more than 200 yds passing in next 2 games if that much. Too cold too windy too much bad weather & no retractrable roof.

Veteran

[quote user="Firenugget"]Yeah well he's not going to do it these next two weeks and then a playoff run. Either way this defense has written our death certificate this year. I say it's over...or at least it ought to be.
    [/quote]

You could be right. The defense is pathetic.

If Eli has 2 games x 350 yards passing and 8 total TD's and maybe 1 INT ...then we can win the East.

We need to win 2 games .......39-38 or 45-42 or something stupid like that

ALL OF WHICH IS POSSIBLE WITH ELI THIS YEAR

However .......our D is simply pathetic
    Non Omnis Moriar

Banned

[quote user="UK-Giantsfan"]If Eli has 2 games x 350 yards passing and 8 total TD's and maybe 1 INT ...then we can win the East.

We need to win 2 games .......39-38 or 45-42 or something stupid like that

ALL OF WHICH IS POSSIBLE WITH ELI THIS YEAR

However .......our D is simply pathetic[/quote]
    I would prefer that he throw for around 200,
    BJ and AB both go over 100, and we hold a time of possession margin of 40 mins. to 20 mins.

[quote user="UK-Giantsfan"]If Eli has 2 games x 350 yards passing and 8 total TD's and maybe 1 INT ...then we can win the East. We need to win 2 games .......39-38 or 45-42 or something stupid like that ALL OF WHICH IS POSSIBLE WITH ELI THIS YEAR However .......our D is simply pathetic[/quote]Bingo!
    No one remembers who came in second.

Jets have a decent defense, so I wouldn't look for Eli to put up madden-like numbers. Given that the Giants defense couldn't stop Rutgers, this could be a blowout loss for NYG.

Eli had his first "flat" game in a long time last week, and I fully expect him to bounce back this week.

I'm holding out hope that this will be the game where the D will actually step up for once, b/c if the

Jets go down by 2 scores, the wheels will come off that bus quickly.

My major concern is that this is going to be a very "chippy" game, with a lot of trash talk, nasty hits,

etc, which is usually the recipe for 15 yard personal fouls, and #27 always seems to be in that mix.

I'm still saying BIG BLUE grounds the Jets.

NYG 45 - NYJ 17

[quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="JMFP2"]With the exception of JPP, the rest of this defense is clueless. I don't have any hope that Gilbride and Fewell can outcoach their next two opponents. I expect these next two games to go the same route as the majority of the season..... Eli is going to have to come from behind and win, and it won't be until the clock forces Gilbride to abandon his refried game plan. Fortunately, Eli has done it for most of the season, and can do it against the Jets and Dallas defenses. I'm not saying he will.....this team ran out of mulligans a few games ago....but as long as he is on the field, the chance is there.[/quote] If they had a roof on the stadium then I might agree but nothing left this winter but cold & windy playing conditions. They should have never built an open air stadium unless they could garantee a shut down defense would be on the field by mid Dec. Sorry to rain on parade but don't expect much more than 200 yds passing in next 2 games if that much. Too cold too windy too much bad weather & no retractrable roof.[/quote]

The winds arent the same as the old stadium... so if itsgusty outyeah it'll be a factor, but you dont get that old "special" swirl that old Giants Stadium had from just the slightest of breezes.

Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant