+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching Skins/Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by CTLadyBlue View Post
    Yes, RGIII was awesome yesterday, but let's not forget that the Redskins were almost a victim to the same problem the Giants had with the Cowboys several weeks ago - that they jumped out to a BIG lead in the first half, only for the Cowboys to come back and make it a one score game. If not for the mistakes (ie: Romo's trademark interception), Dallas could've won that game - just like they could have (and SHOULD have) beat us.

Why should have? They certainly didn't play well enough to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Why should have? They certainly didn't play well enough to win.
    Because we downright collapsed in the second half - only managing six points in it, while the Cowboys surged to close the gap. If not for a pair of long fingers, we would've lost. I'm a fan, but I'm a realist and I personally thought the Giants did not deserve to win that game - that they were indeed lucky to have.

Quote Originally Posted by CTLadyBlue View Post
    Because we downright collapsed in the second half - only managing six points in it, while the Cowboys surged to close the gap. If not for a pair of long fingers, we would've lost. I'm a fan, but I'm a realist and I personally thought the Giants did not deserve to win that game - that they were indeed lucky to have.
    Yeah, I don't buy into that.

Both teams were crappy, the difference was when. The Giants were crappy in the second half, the Cowboys in the first half. I'm not saying the Giants significantly outplayed Dallas and therefore deserved the game hands down. I'm saying both teams were crap, neither team really earned anything in that game and if the hole the Cowboys dug in the first half was too deep to climb out of, too bad.

But I reject completely the idea that Dallas somehow deserved to win the game or that the Giants were lucky to win. Sometimes bing one play less crappy gets you a win in this league. Every team gets them. You take 'em and you move on.

Bench Player
    I'm a Skins fan that has been lurking here off and on for about 5 years, but with next week's game being so significant, I figured I would be spending more time here for a little bit. I have few qualms with this thread (yeah RG3 is playing great and yeah Skins fans are excited, can't argue with that), but there were a couple of points I wanted to make:

It's a league of adjustments. He's a very good player but also a rookie so he's benefiting from being unknown like many first year QBs have before him.

I'm pretty sure that once he gets known a bit more around the league, defenses will adapt. Let's not start preparing for the induction into Canton for a QB whose numbers currently put him squarely in the middle of the pack.
    Unless you're basing this statement on ESPN's QBR, there is nothing "middle of the pack" about RG3's stats. His team's overall performance, certainly, but not his stats. A 16 TD, 4 INT season after 11 games is astounding. I'm not going to bother making the "he's a rookie" qualification because it's unnecessary: anyone throwing 4 times as many TDs as INTs is on their way to a pro bowl (expanding that to include fumbles doesn't make a difference either; he's only lost two fumbles this season, meaning that he gives up a turnover of any kind about once every other game). There has also been much talk about RG3 being a checkdown passer, which is also inaccurate: he leads the league in touchdown passes over 30 yards (9). But he is still insanely accurate: tied for 3rd in completion percentage. In addition, he has the league's 4th highest passer rating, leading such highly lauded QBs as Drew Brees and Matt Ryan. Sure, he's 14th in yards (after playing an extra game), but the Skins are still a run-first team; RG3 has the highest yards per attempt in the league.

These are not "middle of the pack" stats in any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGuy View Post
    I really hope the Skins dont make the playoffs. They havent been good in forever and their fans are already ****y. I literally went over there to their MB just to congratulate them on their recent victories and they jumped down my throat with smack talk.
    I frequent extremeskins and saw the thread you made, and frankly you're blowing this a bit out of proportion over a couple of idiots. They were tools, I don't know what happened there; a couple others chided them for it anyway.

Really didn't mean for my first post to come across as a plug for RG3 or something, but it's difficult to find anything negative to say about the guy. I look forward to good conversation with you guys and I hope the upcoming Skins/Giants game is injury-free.
    Last edited by Traviud; 11-23-2012 at 04:10 PM.

It's a league of adjustments. He's a very good player but also a rookie so he's benefiting from being unknown like many first year QBs have before him.

I'm pretty sure that once he gets known a bit more around the league, defenses will adapt. Let's not start preparing for the induction into Canton for a QB whose numbers currently put him squarely in the middle of the pack.
    Meh, watch the guy play and tell me that he has been a middle-of-the-pack QB this year . . . . I'm not ready to put him in Canton yet, but the guy is a star. Denying that is just silly . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Traviud View Post
    I'm a Skins fan that has been lurking here off and on for about 5 years, but with next week's game being so significant, I figured I would be spending more time here for a little bit. I have few qualms with this thread (yeah RG3 is playing great and yeah Skins fans are excited, can't argue with that), but there were a couple of points I wanted to make:

Unless you're basing this statement on ESPN's QBR, there is nothing "middle of the pack" about RG3's stats. His team's overall performance, certainly, but not his stats. A 16 TD, 4 INT season after 11 games is astounding. I'm not going to bother making the "he's a rookie" qualification because it's unnecessary: anyone throwing 4 times as many TDs as INTs is on their way to a pro bowl (expanding that to include fumbles doesn't make a difference either; he's only lost two fumbles this season, meaning that he gives up a turnover of any kind about once every other game). There has also been much talk about RG3 being a checkdown passer, which is also inaccurate: he leads the league in touchdown passes over 30 yards (9). But he is still insanely accurate: tied for 3rd in completion percentage. In addition, he has the league's 4th highest passer rating, leading such highly lauded QBs as Drew Brees and Matt Ryan. Sure, he's 14th in yards (after playing an extra game), but the Skins are still a run-first team; RG3 has the highest yards per attempt in the league.

These are not "middle of the pack" stats in any sense.

I frequent extremeskins and saw the thread you made, and frankly you're blowing this a bit out of proportion over a couple of idiots. They were tools, I don't know what happened there; a couple others chided them for it anyway.

Really didn't mean for my first post to come across as a plug for RG3 or something, but it's difficult to find anything negative to say about the guy. I look forward to good conversation with you guys and I hope the upcoming Skins/Giants game is injury-free.

You're welcome to your opinion, brother. He looks very, very good and based on how he's played this year, he looks like he may be the real deal.

That said there have been plenty of other QBs who hit the ground running, had great rookie campaigns and then settled in. At this point it's too early to tell where he'll settle. So you can rank him wherever you want. We've gone over QB stats and ranking on tis board forever, the fact is that they're mostly subjective and there is no clearly defined unambiguous way of rating QBs, both passer rating and QBR are contrived garbage created by a brainless media's attempt to label and dumb down the game so any pedestrian moron can pretend to understand it.

My point remains, 11 games into his career, I'm not dusting off a shelf in Canton for him just yet. I know, it's an outrageous position to hold.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    Meh, watch the guy play and tell me that he has been a middle-of-the-pack QB this year . . . . I'm not ready to put him in Canton yet, but the guy is a star. Denying that is just silly . . . .

Almost as silly as anointing him a star after 11 games? Guilty as charged.

Since when is letting an extremely talented QB get a few years under his belt before anointing him?

You're welcome to your opinion, brother. He looks very, very good and based on how he's played this year, he looks like he may be the real deal.

That said there have been plenty of other QBs who hit the ground running, had great rookie campaigns and then settled in. At this point it's too early to tell where he'll settle. So you can rank him wherever you want. We've gone over QB stats and ranking on tis board forever, the fact is that they're mostly subjective and there is no clearly defined unambiguous way of rating QBs, both passer rating and QBR are contrived garbage created by a brainless media's attempt to label and dumb down the game so any pedestrian moron can pretend to understand it.

My point remains, 11 games into his career, I'm not dusting off a shelf in Canton for him just yet. I know, it's an outrageous position to hold.
    Not outrageous. I mean who knows how good he'll end up being. But I myself haven't questioned how good RGIII is. It's his combination of poise and intelligence with freakish abilities. There may be something he's weak against, but I have a hard time believing that he won't be smart or hardworking enough to overcome it. But again, that's just my opinion.

I would have much rather had Andrew Luck in the division.

Almost as silly as anointing him a star after 11 games? Guilty as charged.

Since when is letting an extremely talented QB get a few years under his belt before anointing him?
    If you don't think that the guy is a star, then you are the only one.

Anointing him as what? A star player? Is there some threshold level of experience that a player must have before he can be called a star?

Whether he will be an all-time great who is eligible for the HOF obviously remains to be seen. But right now, he is a star.
    Last edited by GMENAGAIN; 11-23-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    If you don't think that the guy is a star, then you are the only one.

Anointing him as what? A star player? Is there some threshold level of experience that a player must have before he can be called a star?

Whether he will be an all-time great who is eligible for the HOF obviously remains to be seen. But right now, he is a star.

Thanks for speaking for everyone.

Now that that's settled can we all agree Colin Kaepernick is a star?

+ Reply to Thread