+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching Skins/Cowboys

Hate that he's playing well. We gotta win Sunday... even the Cowboys are looking good again (they almost came back)

Just wait until the Redskins get out of cap/draft hell and can provide RG3 with a big time WR. If not for the cap sanctions, guy could have been throwing to VJax this year. Scary thought for the NFCE.

Redskins set at QB probably for the next 12 years while the Cowboys and Giants will likely be looking for one in 3 or 4 years (maybe sooner for the Cowboys). Shifting of the guard? I hope not.

The Giants are focused on winning this season's Superbowl and only have to think about RG3 for next week. The Giants are not thinking about RG3 for 12 years to come or getting a new QB in 3,4, or 5 years from now. That's how you win championships these days. You always hear about the bottom tier teams talk about rebuilding to win the championship in 5 years or so and that just does not happen 80% of the time because a lot of things can happen within 5 years, the star players don't tend to stay on crappy teams, and successful teams will build upon their success.
    The Redskins are gonna call their season a success this year regardless if they make it or not, simply because they drafted RG3.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    The Giants are focused on winning this season's Superbowl and only have to think about RG3 for next week. The Giants are not thinking about RG3 for 12 years to come or getting a new QB in 3,4, or 5 years from now. That's how you win championships these days. You always hear about the bottom tier teams talk about rebuilding to win the championship in 5 years or so and that just does not happen 80% of the time because a lot of things can happen within 5 years, the star players don't tend to stay on crappy teams, and successful teams will build upon their success.
    The Redskins are gonna call their season a success this year regardless if they make it or not, simply because they drafted RG3.
    Overall I sort of agree. It really depends on what market you're in, but I think the Redskins are in an ideal market for a 'rebuild'.

The truly successful teams build on their success, I agree. Teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens are really good examples of those. But a lot of teams that have success get too caught up in winning, or trying to win to realize that they're foundation is crumbling.

In this sport and in any sport, you have to think about the present and future... unless of course your present is non-existent. You can't go out and try to win a championship if you've got nothing around, so you sacrifice to gain a guy like RG3, or Andrew Luck. I think the redskins will consider this a successful season because it IS a successful season.

Yes, RG3 is proving he's worth ever draft pick sacrifice the Redskins made to get him. Also, successful rebuilding requires the right personnel that know what they're doing (GM, coaches, scouts, etc...). No one wants to end up like the Eagles who make big name player acquisitions, give them large contracts, claim to be the dream team, and then have Andy Reid trying to keep his job, explaining why the team gets blown out and why the defense is doing worse after firing the DC near mid-season. lol
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 11-23-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    Yes, RG3 is proving he's worth ever draft pick sacrifice the Redskins made to get him. Also, successful rebuilding also requires the right personnel that know what they're doing (GM, coaches, scouts, etc...). No one wants to end up like the Eagles who make big name player acquisitions, give them large contracts, and then have Andy Reid trying to keep his job, explaining why the team gets blown out and why the defense is doing worse after firing the DC near mid-season. lol
    Right. You need the correct personnel and that's not just limited to acquiring personnel, it's also very important to know when to cut ties. Both the Cowboys and eagles haven't had a good grasp on that recently.

Gonna be hard to watch him rip up the NFCE for years to come. Hard to hate on him though, as he also seems to be a good stand up kinda guy too. Washington fans must be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    I hate that this guy is in our division. He's a superstar.

It's a league of adjustments. He's a very good player but also a rookie so he's benefiting from being unknown like many first year QBs have before him.

I'm pretty sure that once he gets known a bit more around the league, defenses will adapt. Let's not start preparing for the induction into Canton for a QB whose numbers currently put him squarely in the middle of the pack.

Yes, RGIII was awesome yesterday, but let's not forget that the Redskins were almost a victim to the same problem the Giants had with the Cowboys several weeks ago - that they jumped out to a BIG lead in the first half, only for the Cowboys to come back and make it a one score game. If not for the mistakes (ie: Romo's trademark interception), Dallas could've won that game - just like they could have (and SHOULD have) beat us.

Bench Player
    I really hope the Skins dont make the playoffs. They havent been good in forever and their fans are already ****y. I literally went over there to their MB just to congratulate them on their recent victories and they jumped down my throat with smack talk.
    Last edited by GreenGuy; 11-23-2012 at 01:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread