+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Thanks for speaking for everyone.

Now that that's settled can we all agree Colin Kaepernick is a star?
    No need for me to speak for everyone else. The silence in this thread in support of your position speaks for itself.

Yes, what Kaepernick did in one game is the exact same thing as what RGIII has done in 11. Excellent logic.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Thanks for speaking for everyone.

Now that that's settled can we all agree Colin Kaepernick is a star?
    You're an absolute nut if you don't think RG3 is a stud... either that or just a hater. Who are you comparing him to... Cam? I for one still believes in Newton. I think that organization, coaching staff and supporting cast are just that downright pathetic. Besides, Newton started off fast last year and as the season progressed his passing stats went down and his running stats picked up. Is he ever gonna regain his confidence, that remains to be seen but that team's piss poor record doesn't squarely fall on his shoulders.

Now back to RG3, I don't know if you watched him play (seems like you haven't) but the kid just simply doesn't get rattled. If his receivers continue catching the ball like they did yesterday and his Oline does their part in protection, they will be in every ball game til the end. I liked Cam last year but the difference between him and RG3, Griffin has that uncanny ability to make players around him better... he's a natural born leader whereas Newton still has a lot of maturing to do.
    Last edited by BurnerNYG; 11-24-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    No need for me to speak for everyone else. The silence in this thread in support of your position speaks for itself.

Yes, what Kaepernick did in one game is the exact same thing as what RGIII has done in 11. Excellent logic.

I thought it was questionable too but given your propensity for authoritative absolutes, it seemed pointless to argue with you.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    You're an absolute nut if you don't think RG3 is a stud... either that or just a hater. Who are you comparing him to... Cam? I for one still believes in Newton. I think that organization, coaching staff and supporting cast are just that downright pathetic. Besides, Newton started off fast last year and as the season progressed his passing stats went down and his running stats picked up. Is he ever gonna regain his confidence, that remains to be seen but that team's piss poor record doesn't squarely fall on his shoulders.

Now back to RG3, I don't know if you watched him play (seems like you haven't) but the kid just simply doesn't get rattled. If his receivers continue catching the ball like they did yesterday and his Oline does their part in protection, they will be in every ball game til the end. I liked Cam last year but the difference between him and RG3, Griffin has that uncanny ability to make players around him better... he's a natural born leader whereas Newton still has a lot of maturing to do.

I haven't said anything terrible about the guy; nor do I hate the kid. Re-read what I actually said.

I guess my age causes me to look at things differently than the current over obsession with live feed over-analysis. I've been a Giants fan for over 40 years and I've seen far too much in this league to declare anything about any players after less than one season. It just ain't enough time.

Apparently pointing out that he isn't now nor may not be the next greatest living QB ever in the history of the NFL makes one a hater.

That's cool. I'll start working on my new I hate RGIII user name and avatar immediately.

I'm with ya Sarcasman. I don't annoint anyone a future HOF based on less than a full season. DC's will figure him out next yr.

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    I'm with ya Sarcasman. I don't annoint anyone a future HOF based on less than a full season. DC's will figure him out next yr.
    Who anointed him as a future HOFer in this thread?

Banned
    Like they figured out Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees... BRILLIANT! I didn't know he was a Rubic's cube? Maybe Griffin has a brain and he'll figure them out... ever thought of that?

He runs more than Rogers/Brees do & they ain't winning no SB with that BS college option play. But if it helps you sleep better at night thinking that they will, more power to ya.

He runs more than Rogers/Brees do & they ain't winning no SB with that BS college option play. But if it helps you sleep better at night thinking that they will, more power to ya.
    Very insightful analysis.

Banned
    Since you're psychic, can you please tell me if I'll ever be wealthy? I'm not gonna sit here and defend the Redskins QB, although I love watching him play, but that offense they're running is more than just some option offense. Yeah, they got option plays in their playbook but RG3 is such an intelligent, unselfish player that he knows how to execute those plays. They're running the ball well and spreading the field and even when Griffin runs, he's looking for an open man. He also delivers the ball with pinpoint accuracy. Last year I thought Newton was good but he's no where near as good as this kid is. He went 14/15 against the Eagles and he rarely throws a pick... that's incredible for a rookie. Ok rant's over... dropped the mic, the floor is yours.