+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Rex Ryan is sticking with Sanchez

I was just listening to Rex Ryan's post game from last night's trouncing and he repeatedly expressed that Mark is his guy.

My wife, who watched the game last night and happened to hear Rex's comments turned to me and said, "the only thing I can think of is that Sanchez must have some really nice feet."

lol.
    Last edited by Roosevelt; 11-23-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

He has to stick with Sanchez. Its very clear that the Jets brought Tebow in as a publicity stunt and didn't design an offense that suits him. Also, isn't Tebow hurt as well?

In regards to the feet thing, LMAO, Rex is a freak.

He doesn't really have a choice . . . Tebow has some broken ribs.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I was just listening to Rex Ryan's post game from last night's trouncing and he repeatedly expressed that Mark is his guy.

My wife, who watched the game last and happened to hear Rex's comments turned to me and said, "the only thing I can think of is that Sanchez must have some really nice feet."

lol.

That's a good line by the better half.

Ryan primarily doesn't have a choice because the alternatives are significantly worse.

Rex (and Woody and Mr. T) all boxed themselves into a corner when they went and got Tebow AFTER they threw more money at Sanchez and proclaimed he was their guy. Now to pull him will only nullify everything they emphatically stated in the off-season. They can't afford anymore egg on their face after this super-top-secret, unstoppable Wildcat package they developed just for Tebow is a no-show and that Rex's promise that Tebow would be in for at least 20 plays a game also went out the window. Rex's only way to not look like a flip-flopper is to stick with Sanchez.

As for Tebow being hurt - really, the guy rarely plays - how the heck did he get hurt? Personally, I think it's some ploy to keep him inactive yesterday to keep the fans from yelling for him to be put in the game

Quote Originally Posted by CTLadyBlue View Post
    Rex (and Woody and Mr. T) all boxed themselves into a corner when they went and got Tebow AFTER they threw more money at Sanchez and proclaimed he was their guy. Now to pull him will only nullify everything they emphatically stated in the off-season. They can't afford anymore egg on their face after this super-top-secret, unstoppable Wildcat package they developed just for Tebow is a no-show and that Rex's promise that Tebow would be in for at least 20 plays a game also went out the window. Rex's only way to not look like a flip-flopper is to stick with Sanchez.
    Live by the sword, die by the sword.

At this point, I don't see why Rex doesn't start McElroy. What's he got to lose? I'm also thinking the reason Rex is hesitant in not starting Sanchez is because of what Sanchez said if he ever were benched: that he may not be motivated to stay in the Jets and that he may want to go somewhere else.

Well, **** him! No team would want him to begin with.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Bench Player
    Injuries aside, I don't think there was much chance of Tebow receiving an opportunity anyway:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1201722

I'm not even convinced that Sanchez is their biggest problem. The defense has been hideous since Revis' injury, and last night it hit rock bottom.

I hate Rex but this is one area where he is showing integrity. OBVIOUSLY Teblow was forced on them by Woody Johnson and Rex is bucking the owner's wishes by not featuring him... He's going to go down in flames with Sanchez... It is integrity, something I do not associate with Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    I hate Rex but this is one area where he is showing integrity. OBVIOUSLY Teblow was forced on them by Woody Johnson and Rex is bucking the owner's wishes by not featuring him... He's going to go down in flames with Sanchez... It is integrity, something I do not associate with Ryan.
    I agree 100%

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    I think Rex Ryan is doing the honorable thing: He's trying to bury Tebow, making him a non-story in the world of football. Woody Johnson forced this trade on him, and now Rex is committed to burying Tebow even if it brings himself down in the process. Rex's sacrifice to keep the NFL Tebow-free for a season will be honored...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.