+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: lol....."A fight to the finish"?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    You would be surprised how many Giants fans were packing it in last year after we lost a boat load of players to IR. Look how that turned out. Sometimes the backups play harder and with more emotion because they are fighting for thier NFL lives.

Eh maybe. I'm all for the 'next man up' mentality, but we have journeymen filling in for arguably our best two defensive players this year. Without Lee and Carter, it would be pretty tough for this mediocre team to beat any playoff contenders not named the Giants (not a shot at you, we just match up well with your team). And who knows when or if the O'line and D'line will get healthy.

I've just seen the Cowboys lay down too many times in situations like these. Or in true Cowboys fashion, fight all the way back just to blow it at the end.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Eh maybe. I'm all for the 'next man up' mentality, but we have journeymen filling in for arguably our best two defensive players this year. Without Lee and Carter, it would be pretty tough for this mediocre team to beat any playoff contenders not named the Giants (not a shot at you, we just match up well with your team). And who knows when or if the O'line and D'line will get healthy.

I've just seen the Cowboys lay down too many times in situations like these. Or in true Cowboys fashion, fight all the way back just to blow it at the end.
    What do you think of this petition that Dallas fans are signing and sending to Pres Obama to get rid of Jerry Jones?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Line Coach View Post
    In a perfect world all those things would happen.
    Well one of my predictions happened. Cam did go off on Philly and the Eagles lost. now onto the second part of the prediction. Philly over Dallas due to the fact that they have 7 losses in a row and the odds are they win one, lol. then to the third part where we beat Washington on Monday. that would leave us at 8-4, Dallas at 5-7, skins at 5-7 and Philly at 4-8.... nice
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    What do you think of this petition that Dallas fans are signing and sending to Pres Obama to get rid of Jerry Jones?
    Hilarious. But seriously kind of sad. I mean it would probably take government intervention for that fool to release his responsibilities.

He still doesn't realize that he's the problem, and although he owns the team, the team belongs to the fans and frankly we're fed up. Some owners want to win, and some just want to make money. Jerry's appeared to want to win more than anything so he's gotten a pass from me for the most part. But really it's evident now more than ever that he's in it for the money-- he's good at that part and that's fine to some extent, but the bad thing with Jerry is that he wants all the glory, too. (insert glory hole joke here). He wants to be the person who is credited most for winning a championship by being both Owner and GM. And while Jerry can make a few good football decisions (overriding Parcells to take DeMarcus Ware), he cannot put nearly enough time in to be a successful GM and that's why he misses on player personnel more than he hits.

I think the recent success of the Rangers and Mavericks have pointed that out more than ever. Passionate ownership + intelligent general managers = championship or at least playoff appearances and success. The Cowboys do not have that.
    Last edited by Ntegrase96; 11-28-2012 at 06:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread