+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Pretty PATHETIC when you consider that Vick and McCoy were talking about how this eagles team was going to be a Dynasty... LOL. and the prior year when they had gotten all those new players they were know as the DREAM TEAM. What will they call themselves next season i wonder
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  2. #12
    Veteran Ntegrase96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Dallas needs to win... but I really hope the Iggles beat them. Oh it's going to be amazing.
    I'm all for beating a divisional rival, but this team should probably be playing for draft position now. Without Sean Lee and now Carter, it's not like this team would go far in the playoffs anyway.

  3. #13
    If we finish 1 game out of the 2nd or 3rd seed, that blown win vs Philly will be the reason why. We should be 8-3 & in complete control of the NFCE & fighting for the top seed in the NFC. Blowing that 28-10 4th qt lead with 8 min left in 2010 cost us the NFCE flag & now, blowing that easy FG by stupidly throwing deep & getting Offensive PI that pushed us just out of Tynes FG range will probably cost us a higher seeding.

    I'm pretty embarrassed to know we were the pathetic Eagles last win in a game we should have won. Nothing less than a complete beatdown in the rematch by a score of 45-7 will satisfy me & make amends for blowing the 1st game.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    If we finish 1 game out of the 2nd or 3rd seed, that blown win vs Philly will be the reason why. We should be 8-3 & in complete control of the NFCE & fighting for the top seed in the NFC. Blowing that 28-10 4th qt lead with 8 min left in 2010 cost us the NFCE flag & now, blowing that easy FG by stupidly throwing deep & getting Offensive PI that pushed us just out of Tynes FG range will probably cost us a higher seeding.I'm pretty embarrassed to know we were the pathetic Eagles last win in a game we should have won. Nothing less than a complete beatdown in the rematch by a score of 45-7 will satisfy me & make amends for blowing the 1st game.
    thats the true meaning of the term "We beat ourselves" that GB always uses. We actually did lose the game but not just taking what the eagles had already yielded to us which was a winning FG attempt. We let them off the hook by trying that deep ball
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  5. #15
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,727
    Very surprised that they didn't flex the game. Primetime games have been very bad all year. ****, play the Jets/Cardinals games if we want another "two teams that aren't making the playoffs" matchup.

  6. #16
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Very surprised that they didn't flex the game. Primetime games have been very bad all year. ****, play the Jets/Cardinals games if we want another "two teams that aren't making the playoffs" matchup.
    The Thursday night games have been abysmal...

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Very surprised that they didn't flex the game. Primetime games have been very bad all year. ****, play the Jets/Cardinals games if we want another "two teams that aren't making the playoffs" matchup.
    Agreed. I'd rather see Denver v Tampa flexed into that slot.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    thats the true meaning of the term "We beat ourselves" that GB always uses. We actually did lose the game but not just taking what the eagles had already yielded to us which was a winning FG attempt. We let them off the hook by trying that deep ball
    Exactly. If ever there was a game where the term " we beat ourselves" could be used, it would be this game. Already in winnable FG range, all we had to do is run the ball 2 more times for 3-4-5 yds, kick FG, game over, we're 8-3 & fighting for the #2 seed if not the #1 seed.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    589
    I actually dont mind Dallas anymore. Romo is a great quarterback. The guy can be a top 10 quarterback when he is on his game.

  10. #20
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Original Member since 04-04-04
    Posts
    9,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I'm all for beating a divisional rival, but this team should probably be playing for draft position now. Without Sean Lee and now Carter, it's not like this team would go far in the playoffs anyway.
    You would be surprised how many Giants fans were packing it in last year after we lost a boat load of players to IR. Look how that turned out. Sometimes the backups play harder and with more emotion because they are fighting for thier NFL lives.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts