+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Players HATE playing zone defense.. Grant wants to play more man "D" .. WAKE UP FEWELL

I read this in the paper this morning but he is there article in newsday

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...rage-1.3402513

Is it time for the Giants' secondary to man up?

Safety Deon Grant thinks so. He said the Giants have been playing too much zone coverage and they need to start being more aggressive.

"I think we just have to get back to
    challenging receivers," he said Monday. "When we go back into going out
    there, being physical, being aggressive, challenging the receiver, then
    we'll be successful."

I realize we aren't completely shut down in man but we are MUCH better
    & suited to play man. For one? Corey Webster shuts down his man,
    completely.

Our strength is a man base when we can jam the receivers at the LOS & disrupt their route with the QB.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Re: Players HATE playing zone defense.. Grant wants to play more man "D" .. WAKE UP FEWELL

LOL I want Grant to play more sideline
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Re: Players HATE playing zone defense.. Grant wants to play more man "D" .. WAKE UP FEWELL

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]I read this in the paper this morning but he is there article in newsday

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...rage-1.3402513

I realize we aren't shut down in man but we are MUCH better & suited to play man. For one? Corey Webster shuts down his man, completely.

Our strength is a man base when we can jam the receivers at the LOS & disrupt their route with the QB.
    [/quote]I LOVE Webby in a man base D, thats where he REALLY excelled.

We cant get much worse with Aaron Ross, and that was supposed to be his style of play coming out of Texas way back when.

I believe Prince was a press cover guy in Nebraska as well, but someone like redeyedjedi would know much better
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Too bad our D coordinator insists zones that only confuse our players. Then he rushes 3 to give the qb/wrs plenty of time to read those zones and exploit them. AWFUL scheming.

lol. They used a good amount of man against NO and how did that work out?

Zone or Man, this defense is garbage.

if the players are begging for it and we dont see more of it this week I will personally be on line buying Perry Fewell his train ticket out of town

[quote user="Vtgmenfan89"]Too bad our D coordinator insists zones that only confuse our players. Then he rushes 3 to give the qb/wrs plenty of time to read those zones and exploit them. AWFUL scheming.[/quote]Terrible, miserable, dis-spiriting and pathetic too! lol
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="Kase-1"]LOL I want Grant to play more sideline
    [/quote]Me too, and take Ross with him.

The players know more about defense than Fewell does!!!

Sanchez could have a career game on Saturday against this group.