+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Coughlin is out of touch with his comment about Jets

"Coughlin said playing the Jets is not extra motivation, not compared with the playoff implications the game includes. "

I hope this is just a press comment. He should be all over any motivation possible. Shared stadium, same town.....etc. Time to make this personal. This team lacks motivation and it comes from the top. Ditch the 1950s pep talk and get a little crazy.

Re: Coughlin is out of touch with his comment about Jets

Rex already has the hyperbole market cornered.

[quote user="NJBLUEBLOOD"]

"Coughlin said playing the Jets is not extra motivation, not compared with the playoff implications the game includes. "

I hope this is just a press comment.* He should be all over any motivation possible.* Shared stadium, same town.....etc.* Time to make this personal.* This team lacks motivation and it comes from the top.* Ditch the 1950s pep talk and get a little crazy.*
    [/quote]

I like what Coughlin said here and agree with the sentiment. If playoff implications don't get you motivated why would simply playing a team that shares the same city as you get you motivated?
    I bELIeve in February 1, 2015.

All-Pro

He is 100% right on with what he said. They have to win their next two games to make the playoffs. Who cares who they are playing? They have two games to play and need to win both no matter what team it is. The playoffs are the goal.

I hope this is just a press comment. He should be all over any motivation possible. Shared stadium, same town.....etc. Time to make this personal. This team lacks motivation and it comes from the top. Ditch the 1950s pep talk and get a little crazy.
    [/quote]

He's simply saying "the motivator" is getting into the playoffs, what's wrong with that?

There you have it . . . . the OP is out of touch . . . not Coughlin

the team isn't motivated. Point blank.

TC should do what Sporano did and let the inmates run the asylum
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[/quote]

you....like all of us has no idea what TC says in the locker room. With that said if these *******s cant get up for this game no matter whom they are playing then they deserve to get their asses handed to them by the Jets orany team they would be playing this weekend...

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran

If they need any more motivation other than if they lose they are out, have them watch last week's game. If that doesn't motivate them, nothing will.

[quote user="GameTime"][quote user="NJBLUEBLOOD"]

[/quote]

you....like all of us has no idea what TC says in the locker room. With that said if these *******s cant get up for this game no matter whom they are playing then they deserve to get their asses handed to them by the Jets orany team they would be playing this weekend...

[/quote]

I 100% agree, you would think that is enough motivation but it's not. This team for some reason cares about the stupid stuff. They're too in tune with what's going on outside their bubble. They get up for games when everyone picks the other team to win. They get up for games when the fans/press writes them off. They thrive with the "us vs them" theme.

The opposite can be said. When everyone gives them credit or expects them to win, they flop.

TC needs tocreatethat mindset this week.When and if he sees it dwindling, he needs to get them together and fire them up immediately, instead of standing on the sideline with a stupid look on his face.