+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jason Babin cut

Jason Babin cut

Lmao Philly choppin' headz

Sort of makes sense I suppose. Was due a good amount of money the next couple years, and the eagles do have a 1st and 2nd round sitting as depth.

Bet they go away from the wide 9.

I'm sure Philly is sick of the wide 9, which is a huge factor in Babin's success. Not a shocking move, but the timing is seemingly off. I guess they really just want to evaluate Graham/Curry at that left end spot. I'm expecting that staff to be completely annihilated this offseason. Reid, Mornhinwheg, Bowles, Washburn, Mudd, April, and the rest of the "dream staff" will all be looking for work next year.

I wish they'd let go of Cole, he's an animal. Just walked out of a meeting.

I wouldn't complain if we brought him in. You never could have enough pass rushers
    Close or you hit the bricks

Banned
    I called this before the season when everyone was calling this one hit wonder elite. He sucked for the majority of his career and now he is old, so much for filthy's "elite" pass rush!

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    I called this before the season when everyone was calling this one hit wonder elite. He sucked for the majority of his career and now he is old, so much for filthy's "elite" pass rush!
    Except he wasn't a one hit wonder. He had done excellent under Washburn in Tennessee in 2010, followed Washburn to Philly and had an excellent year. His trending arrow was certainly pointing up. Philly just completely crashed this year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Except he wasn't a one hit wonder. He had done excellent under Washburn in Tennessee in 2010, followed Washburn to Philly and had an excellent year. His trending arrow was certainly pointing up. Philly just completely crashed this year.
    Jason Babin is now a 33, going on 34 yr old Pass rusher who primarily relies on his speed. Ok so I exaggerated he had two good years, but still my point stands that he has sucked for most of his career and I will be surprised if he ever puts up those numbers again.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Jason Babin is now a 33, going on 34 yr old Pass rusher who primarily relies on his speed. Ok so I exaggerated he had two good years, but still my point stands that he has sucked for most of his career and I will be surprised if he ever puts up those numbers again.
    There I'd definitely agree with you. He was definitely a bust for quite a few years, and I doubt he has as much success as he enters the downside of his already pretty bad career.

Bench Player
    Good riddance. What a tool, that guy is.