+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Redskins fan here...

Bench Player
    Probably going to be the best rivalry in the NFC East for years to come

Banned
    Skins fan here. As much as I hate to admit it, I have nothing but praise for the Giants team*, their workmanlike attitude and their fan base. This is going to be a very good rivalry going forward.

I agree that the Skins vs. Giants rivalry could well shape up into one of the best rivalries for years to come. That last game ripped my heart out, but I couldn't have been more proud of Robert Griffin hanging in there all the way down to the wire. I expect more of the same this Monday night. From here on out, every game for the Skins is a playoff game. If we don't make it, that's okay this year. We are shaping up into a team that is a vast improvement over the past several years.

*Not real crazy about John Mara

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost21 View Post
    Just wanted to say what's up.

I know it's a big game for ya'll, but it's even bigger for us if we want to stay alive for the wild card.

I know the G-men just whooped that Packer ***, but anyone in the East knows that you throw aside all previous games and records for a divisional matchup, since they know each other like the back of their hand.

Clearly the Giants look like the best in the East right now, but since a lot of guys on here didn't respect RGIII and the Skins before the first game, I know you guys do a helluva lot more now.

I'm not really trying not to be a homer, but I honestly believe that after the Giants, the Redskins are the second best team in the division right now, especially since the Cowboys are consistently inconsistent and the Eagles, well.... yeah.

What do you guys think?
    I thought you were the 2nd best team since the season began, and said so way back then.......you have not disappointed me.
    I think we will be better able to stop your O this time, but with the Giants anything is possible- from losing to Cinn to whomping the 49rs

Quote Originally Posted by scoopscj View Post
    There is a cash lot near the stadium. I think it's 30 dollars to park. I parked there last time. It was a 4 minute walk to the stadium and there were a ton of Giant fans there to tailgate with. This year I have a parking pass so I'll be in the stadium. Get there early though, at least 2 to 3 hours early the traffic is a nightmare near DC.

Scoops
    Thanks..i plan to be there at least by 6..hopefully traffic wont be bad..since coming from south..

I'm leaving central jersey at noon. Hope to be parked before 5pm. Some tailgating and beer on the menu. Weather should be 40 degrees at kickoff. Not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost21 View Post
    Just wanted to say what's up.

I know it's a big game for ya'll, but it's even bigger for us if we want to stay alive for the wild card.

I know the G-men just whooped that Packer ***, but anyone in the East knows that you throw aside all previous games and records for a divisional matchup, since they know each other like the back of their hand.

Clearly the Giants look like the best in the East right now, but since a lot of guys on here didn't respect RGIII and the Skins before the first game, I know you guys do a helluva lot more now.

I'm not really trying not to be a homer, but I honestly believe that after the Giants, the Redskins are the second best team in the division right now, especially since the Cowboys are consistently inconsistent and the Eagles, well.... yeah.

What do you guys think?
    Eli has never had the "phenom" days like RG and Cam, but he still had what a good player needs. glad the giants stuck with him and brought him along the way they did. you guys are good, RG is good, but all that aside ,we need this game, we want the division and I really think after the Packer win, we cemented your fate, we will take the game, but it will not be without a fight I am sure! GIANTS, ALL IN!

Banned
    You are probably right. Giants are a better team, personnel-wise. The intangible is Griffin. He is determined to give everything he's got, he's intelligent, and he has no quit in him. Sometimes that makes all the difference. I am expecting a Giants victory, but won't be surprised if the Skins pull it out.

Skins have a very good and tough team. You and the Giants are going to be the beasts of the Easts for a while to come. Your team has a bright future ahead of it and you may even win the division this year.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    Skins have a very good and tough team. You and the Giants are going to be the beasts of the Easts for a while to come. Your team has a bright future ahead of it and you may even win the division this year.
    It's mathematically possible, but not likely this year. Everything will have to click for the next 5 games for that to happen. I'm as die-hard a Skins fan as they come, but I just don't think we have enough healthy personnel to end the regular season on a seven-game winning streak. The eternal optimist in me wants to see that happen, but the realist in me just wants to see the best effort possible going down the stretch. If we finish 8-8, it will be a vast improvement over last year's abysmal 5-11 record.

for the most part I respect the Skins organization. Historically.

Snyder's a PoS crybaby and Shanny never won me over. Don't care for his personality/ persona.

I hope most of your fanbase keeps things in perspective but with RG3, I'm thinking you guys will morph into Cowboys Fans Lite ...

we'll see, but we know what to expect.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

+ Reply to Thread