+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Redskins fan here...

Bench Player

Redskins fan here...

Just wanted to say what's up.

I know it's a big game for ya'll, but it's even bigger for us if we want to stay alive for the wild card.

I know the G-men just whooped that Packer ***, but anyone in the East knows that you throw aside all previous games and records for a divisional matchup, since they know each other like the back of their hand.

Clearly the Giants look like the best in the East right now, but since a lot of guys on here didn't respect RGIII and the Skins before the first game, I know you guys do a helluva lot more now.

I'm not really trying not to be a homer, but I honestly believe that after the Giants, the Redskins are the second best team in the division right now, especially since the Cowboys are consistently inconsistent and the Eagles, well.... yeah.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Ghost21; 11-27-2012 at 06:23 PM.

My honest assessment is that rg3 is the real deal and could cause us problems for years, but I rest in the confidence that d Snyder will find a way to screw things up. Sorry.

your definitely right about division games, with as bad as the eagles have been playing I think they're going to beat Dallas. Not gonna lie I thought RG3 was a bit overrated n didn't worry but woww. You guys are lucky to have him and he'll win you plenty of games. As of you guys being the 2nd best idk bout that for now. The record says show but talent wise not yet. Don't worry tho you'll be there soon. And as for the game this week I think the Giants just have too much confidence right now n it's too big of a game too lose. However I wouldn't be shocked if we come out flat and you guys hand it too us. I think we win a close one tho

RG 3 is the real deal... no question.

but my loyalty to Big Blue requires absolute and undiluted hatred for all other Teams NFCE.

It's a BIG game for us too by the way, we must beat the Skins to further the distance between us, you and them (Eagles and Boys)

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

This will be the toughest game for us this year. I think RG3 will have a big game. He seems to shine on the big stage.

Hello Redskin fan. I'm a old timer 42 year old Giants fan who remembers when the Redskins were good. I have a lot of respect for the fans and franchise. It has been a tough road these last 15+ years being a fan and I'm honestly glad the Redskins are relevant again. Your quarterback is amazing in his first year and the sacrifices the franchise made trading for him were steep. It was a bold move. I think you have an excellent shot at the playoffs this year and a very good chance beating us this year at home.

A few years ago I took a trip to Fedex to root on the Giants. The fans were excellent. Kind, decent, honest but fed up fans. Nobody ever treated me with disdain or disrespect. So unlike Philadelphia. I've gone back each year since and I'll be heading down there on Monday to see the game. I don't like your stadium much and your owner is a meddling fool, but your team is finally making a comeback. I think things are looking up for your team for years to come.

May the best team win on Monday. No injuries and if we lose the division somehow, I'd rather it be to the Redskins. I'm so dang sick of the Cowboys and Eagles. Take care.

Scoops

Bench Player
    Thanks for the kind words, Scoop.

I honestly never had any ill-will towards the Giants or their fans. I live in the D.C. area, and like NY, its full of people from all over the country with different allegiances. Giants and Skins fans seem to always get along just fine for some reason.

Yeah, of course I, like any fan, want the my team to win against whomever we play, but I just don't seem to have that hatred that I do against the Cowboys and their fans, as I'm sure you guys have for the Eagles and their fans.

While we pretty much have been irrelevant for the past 15 years, the Cowboys and Eagles (and their fans) continued to be blowhards and loudmouths, all the while you guys quietly went about your business, and eventually won two titles. I have respect for that.

It just seems to me Giants and Redskins fans get along more than a combination of any of the other two, and I'm just happy we are slowly earning the respect of a team that has been unquestionably the class of the NFC east for the past decade

Here's to hopefully a memorable Monday Night game, and may the best team win! Cheers!

Well one thing to remember is the giants have a horrible record on MNF. I know we destroyed GB the other night but Primetime in general other then playoffs usually not good. Good chance for RG3 to shine. Skins could take a huge step towards playoffs with a win here. Giants laid two huge eggs against steelers and Cinn.

Bye week helped as we took down a team on a five game roll. However the victory came at a Hugh cost. Lost Brown prob for the season with the broken fib. Also secondary finally looked good with Philips back allowing Rolle to roam and now looks like back to square one with Phillips re tweaking same knee. We signed to RBs off the street today.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I'm sorry I just don't see the Giants laying an egg here.

They know how good RG3 is, they always play good on the road. They are also all rested.

Now Washington can definitely win this but I just find it hard to believe that the Giants are are not going to do everything in their power to win this game.....it puts us up 3 on the Redskins and depending what happens on Sunday night either 3 or 2 ahead of Dallas. The Giants CANNOT lose this game and go 2-3 in the division and let the Redskins go 3-1 in the division.Now if we won that Eagles game back in week 4, then I would say maybe. Damn losing that Eagles game hurt.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 11-27-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Hey Mike1958 ...... I agree with the MNF record, however; let me remind you that in 1985 - 1986 season, our Giants played the 49ers on MNF and were down 17 to nothing at the half and went on to win 21 - 17 in the now famous Bavaro drags Ronnie Lott game. We've laid down some stinkers but we've also had a few shining moments too.

Honestly, MNF is about injuries, coaching, teams, weather, and who makes the best plays. The teams in the NFL now are so closely tiered that any mistake can cost a team the game.

The Giants are fortunate to have some really great coaches who seem to do better the second and third times they play a team. Having one good look at RG3 will help us... how much though, is the question.

Throw out history here, the better team will win. Let's hope for no injuries and a good officiated game.

Scoops

+ Reply to Thread