+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: BEAT WASHINGTON OR

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan91 View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I think the reason most of us Redskins fans are excited is we actually see progress. You can talk about how he's gimmicky, he's going to get hurt, DCs are going to figure him out, etc... but so far, the only mistake he has made that was big was not sliding or getting out of bounds early enough against the Falcons.

You have to also look at the Redskins QB play the past 20 years to see why fans are excited. I personally think he'll be the franchises QB for years to come, and I'm not too worried about his health, he has even said himself he's smartened up and knows his teammates need him to play it safe. Hes also not as small as everyone makes him out to be. Everyone automatically pictures a guy Vicks size with a Redskins helmet, but in reality hes the same exact size as Aaron Rodgers.

I'd be willing to bet that RG3 doesn't have the sophomore slump that Cam has. RG3 has an even-keeled demeanor and hasn't let any of the highs or lows go to his head. Cam has all the physical tools he needs, its just up top where he's missing out.

I'd also like to remind you guys, that Steve Young's Offensive Coordinator was Mike Shanahan. Elway could also be called a "mobile" QB. Shanahan knows how to work with QBs that are accurate on the run. I also don't think just because someone is outside of the pocket they're more likley to be hurt. With a weak Offensive Line, you can get popped just as hard, if not harder when you're a sitting duck in the pocket.

I don't know of any Redskins fans anointing RG3 as the greatest QB in the game right now, but I think he's got a shot to be a serious argument for it if he keeps it up in the next few years. Only Mike Wilbon seems to think so, but even his MVP comment is based on if a single team lost a single player, how much would it affect them.

Either way, I hope for a good game with no injuries, we've both got enough of those for now and It'll be interesting to see what difference having our #1 Receiver back is going to do.

Do you have any evidence for this? He's more accurate, a stand-up guy, and helps his teammates. He's also a Pass first guy, who scambles or bootlegs when needed. Vick was always running after his first read was covered in his early days. I'm sure you want to believe that, but I just don't buy it.

P.S. - Yes, we all hate Mara. You'd hate Snyder with a passion if it was the other way around, especially in an uncapped year where there were no rules against it, and a "gentlemen's agreement" (aka Collusion). Of course the other owners approve of getting an extra 1mil + to spend at the expense of 2 other teams (who were coincidentally in the same Division as Mara's team). Just keep in the back of your heads, we're playing you with 18mil less, so what happens when we can actually get some secondary depth?
    You do know that 30 out of 32 owners also said you guys were guilty too right??? Also that the only two owners that said you weren't were....wait for it...Jerry Jones and Dan Synder. You guys need to really get over that and why even bring it up it has nothing to do with the game on Monday???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan91 View Post
    The next year is moot. What they did was done during the UNCAPPED year. Therefore, it was uncapped and they were fine to restructure contracts. The NFL even approved these contract adjustments as they happened.

Either the year was uncapped, or it was under a salary cap. Unless you can provide evidence that there was indeed an written, binding, salary cap none of the next years contracts mattered at all.

I gotta call BS on that. I'd be happy with any QB, no matter their style if they are good and win games. So when Eli retires, you'll reach for a less impressive pocket passer, over a RG3, just because he can run a 4.4? Name one throw in the pocket that RG3 cannot make right now? His legs are simply an additional weapon, but his accuracy, throwing power, and poise are there whether his legs can move fast or not.
    Are you truly a Redskins fan?

Are media outlets for 'skins chatter that few and far between that you must interrupt our peaceful Giants-talk bubble?

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheGreek View Post
    We Meet Again !

I would Like the GMen to play, just a little More Aggresive ! than they did against the Packer's...........not that they didn't play great.... I feel RGlll is going to go Ballistic, he wants this game so bad he can taste it..........the GMen know, what has to be done! Triple team RGlll , Attack him on every snap ! and Win the game.

Go Giants !
    If the defense plays overly aggressive we will get burned...stop the run first and make him throw. Tell you the truth Morris is they key to their offense stop him and eveything else will fall in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    You do know that 30 out of 32 owners also said you guys were guilty too right??? Also that the only two owners that said you weren't were....wait for it...Jerry Jones and Dan Synder. You guys need to really get over that and why even bring it up it has nothing to do with the game on Monday???
    Because like I said pages ago, he is pre excusing. Eagles fans come in here and do it all the time. Start off all ****y and obnoxious but end with some qualifier of why they are going to be fighting an uphill battle anyway.

They actually do it so they believe their own bullsnot when they drag it out should they lose. It really ahs little to do with us, it self stroking at its weirdest.It doesnt even have to make real sense. Just a piano top after a ship wreck.

its an away game..we have a good shot at beating them. Thats all I will say

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Well what we did on Defense had a lot to do with KP coming back and freeing up Rolle. We may not have that Monday night or for awhile for that matter
    I was under impression he was only pulled as a precautionary reason...KP himself said that if had to play he could and would have,,,has something changed in the past few days?

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    I was under impression he was only pulled as a precautionary reason...KP himself said that if had to play he could and would have,,,has something changed in the past few days?
    no. It's just that he tweaked it just running across the field with no contact. That's cause for concern. Same knee, same MCL
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The one comfort I have is that we've already beaten the skins once this year. So yes, they're beatable. Not a given, but they ARE beatable...
    Eveyone needs to stop putting the skins on a pedestal. They're 5 - 6, so of course they're beatable.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    First off, it was 28 who agreed. Second off, why wouldn't they agree to be able to take another teams cap space and use it for their own good? Seems dumb not to, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToJPP View Post
    Are you truly a Redskins fan?

Are media outlets for 'skins chatter that few and far between that you must interrupt our peaceful Giants-talk bubble?
    Its funny, Giants fans come to redskins boards too. In fact, a few from here go onto other sites, swear at members, get banned and then get upset that the redskins forums mods are angry. I haven't made any posts like that, just an opposing fans view.

Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    Because like I said pages ago, he is pre excusing. Eagles fans come in here and do it all the time. Start off all ****y and obnoxious but end with some qualifier of why they are going to be fighting an uphill battle anyway.

They actually do it so they believe their own bullsnot when they drag it out should they lose. It really ahs little to do with us, it self stroking at its weirdest.It doesnt even have to make real sense. Just a piano top after a ship wreck.
    I don't think anything I said in my first post was ****y at all. I simply said it would probably be a close game and that RG3 has looked good, despite some people saying he hasn't done much. I didn't say I guaranteed the Redskins to win once, but I guess reading comprehension isn't a strong suit of yours. I'm also not sure what I said that was obnoxious?

There are some forums where they don't mind opposing view, and some that don't I suppose. No big loss to me if you are so upset with me posting that you call me ****y and obnoxious when my post was just that as fans we're happy with RG3, and not anointing him the best in the NFL just yet. In fact, I think that is the opposite of ****y, but more reserved to wait for the future.

i don't know who the better pocket-passer is : but my money is on Eli in the 13 yard dash !!
    Last edited by stormblue; 11-29-2012 at 01:15 AM.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

+ Reply to Thread