+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BEAT WASHINGTON OR

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The one comfort I have is that we've already beaten the skins once this year. So yes, they're beatable. Not a given, but they ARE beatable...
    I guess at 5-6 they are beatable. More times than not.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    I guess at 5-6 they are beatable. More times than not.
    exactly what I have been saying....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Medisleman View Post
    The Skins are one hit away from imploding. I wouldn't worry too much about them. I have been living in DC for 10 years and the writers and fans who cover the Skins are delusional sheep. RGIII is not as good as everyone thinks. Mistakes will be made and hits will be taken. RGIII has only been shaken up once so far and it took him 2-3 weeks to recover. If he takes a few more big shots he will become skiddish like most "athletic" QBs eventually do. Mark my words, RGIII will never win a Super Bowl.
    Yup, only Steve Young won a SB as a mobile QB, last I checked. McNabb, Vick, Vince Young, Cam Newton, they all start to break down because they have too much confidence in their speed and agility. I told oe of my friends on here last year, Cam is over hyped, RG3 will probably follow the same path. You want a smart QB, not someone who thinks they're invincible.

Say what you want about Eli, at least he's not always getting lit up because he'd rather scramble out of the pocket. When a player says he has a loss of memory because of a hit, that's bad. And the defense HATES these types of QBs so they'll do their hardest to inflict pain on the QB any chance they get...its just part of the game. RG3 has whined about it just as much as Vick has, and because of that, I kinda lost respect for RG3. You're a rookie, you're not going to pull a Tom Brady with the refs. You run out of the pocket and make defensive lineman chase you, you're going to get lit up. It's like an angry father having to constantly chase down his kid who is running around in Toys R Us, when he catches up to you, he's gonna put a beatin on that behind.

Quote Originally Posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post
    Yup, only Steve Young won a SB as a mobile QB, last I checked. McNabb, Vick, Vince Young, Cam Newton, they all start to break down because they have too much confidence in their speed and agility. I told oe of my friends on here last year, Cam is over hyped, RG3 will probably follow the same path. You want a smart QB, not someone who thinks they're invincible.

Say what you want about Eli, at least he's not always getting lit up because he'd rather scramble out of the pocket. When a player says he has a loss of memory because of a hit, that's bad. And the defense HATES these types of QBs so they'll do their hardest to inflict pain on the QB any chance they get...its just part of the game. RG3 has whined about it just as much as Vick has, and because of that, I kinda lost respect for RG3. You're a rookie, you're not going to pull a Tom Brady with the refs. You run out of the pocket and make defensive lineman chase you, you're going to get lit up. It's like an angry father having to constantly chase down his kid who is running around in Toys R Us, when he catches up to you, he's gonna put a beatin on that behind.
    I think RG is different thne those other guys. I think he is smarter as a QB. Newton still has time to get his **** togther. If he can check his massive ego at the door and realize this is the NFL and the NCAA he will be a very good QB IMO.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

The Skins are one hit away from imploding. I wouldn't worry too much about them. I have been living in DC for 10 years and the writers and fans who cover the Skins are delusional sheep. RGIII is not as good as everyone thinks. Mistakes will be made and hits will be taken. RGIII has only been shaken up once so far and it took him 2-3 weeks to recover. If he takes a few more big shots he will become skiddish like most "athletic" QBs eventually do. Mark my words, RGIII will never win a Super Bowl.
    RGlll is an Michael Vick 2.0

Bench Player
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I think the reason most of us Redskins fans are excited is we actually see progress. You can talk about how he's gimmicky, he's going to get hurt, DCs are going to figure him out, etc... but so far, the only mistake he has made that was big was not sliding or getting out of bounds early enough against the Falcons.

You have to also look at the Redskins QB play the past 20 years to see why fans are excited. I personally think he'll be the franchises QB for years to come, and I'm not too worried about his health, he has even said himself he's smartened up and knows his teammates need him to play it safe. Hes also not as small as everyone makes him out to be. Everyone automatically pictures a guy Vicks size with a Redskins helmet, but in reality hes the same exact size as Aaron Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post

I'd be willing to bet that RG3 doesn't have the sophomore slump that Cam has. RG3 has an even-keeled demeanor and hasn't let any of the highs or lows go to his head. Cam has all the physical tools he needs, its just up top where he's missing out.

I'd also like to remind you guys, that Steve Young's Offensive Coordinator was Mike Shanahan. Elway could also be called a "mobile" QB. Shanahan knows how to work with QBs that are accurate on the run. I also don't think just because someone is outside of the pocket they're more likley to be hurt. With a weak Offensive Line, you can get popped just as hard, if not harder when you're a sitting duck in the pocket.

I don't know of any Redskins fans anointing RG3 as the greatest QB in the game right now, but I think he's got a shot to be a serious argument for it if he keeps it up in the next few years. Only Mike Wilbon seems to think so, but even his MVP comment is based on if a single team lost a single player, how much would it affect them.

Either way, I hope for a good game with no injuries, we've both got enough of those for now and It'll be interesting to see what difference having our #1 Receiver back is going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Blue View Post
    RGlll is an Michael Vick 2.0
    Do you have any evidence for this? He's more accurate, a stand-up guy, and helps his teammates. He's also a Pass first guy, who scambles or bootlegs when needed. Vick was always running after his first read was covered in his early days. I'm sure you want to believe that, but I just don't buy it.

P.S. - Yes, we all hate Mara. You'd hate Snyder with a passion if it was the other way around, especially in an uncapped year where there were no rules against it, and a "gentlemen's agreement" (aka Collusion). Of course the other owners approve of getting an extra 1mil + to spend at the expense of 2 other teams (who were coincidentally in the same Division as Mara's team). Just keep in the back of your heads, we're playing you with 18mil less, so what happens when we can actually get some secondary depth?
    Last edited by Kerrigan91; 11-28-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Starter
    I fully agree that we can and should beat the Redskins. We need our A game that includes Cruz Nicks and maybe some of Wilson's speed. Mr. Tuck needs to wake up from the nightmare and get to RG3 and Osi doesn't have to call him Robert (as he said he's VERY impressed), he needs to call him DOWN in the backfield. They even got this guy thanking the Giants for showing him so much attention and he says Redskins are the ones on a roll (see the article on the NFL website). I think the posts here make a great point they have already lost 6 games. PLAY LIKE WORLD CHAMPIONS !

Banned
    I'm a true blue Giants fan, a diehard fanatic is what the people who knows me personally call me but at the same time I'm a football fan. I believe that we'll beat the Skins but I also believe they can beat us. Some of you guys analysis of RG3 and even Cam's is way off though. It's like y'all don't understand that football is a team sport... either that or the only team you guys truly pay attention to is the Giants.

We gotta rough up and be physical with Washington's receivers, THAT'S what Pittsburgh did. Griffin was accurate that whole game, the receivers had 12 drops. How do you think we won when we played em the 1st time? Blackburn popped Moss and made him cough up the ball... if it wasn't for that key defensive turnover they would've probably marched right back down the field. I hate reading this board sometimes... there are way too many clueless posters on it.

How can somebody with 16 tds vs 4 ints with like the 4th highest QB rating in the league be overhyped? I know some of yall pray that certain people fail but don't make it so obvious with the nonsense.
    Last edited by BurnerNYG; 11-28-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I live in DC area too and it is unreal. The hype surrounding Bobby Gee 3 is ridiculous. These fans and writers down here have already annointed him as the best QB in NFL. They are a delusional lot. RGIII is not as good as everyone keeps spouting off about. Garcon saved two easy picks on Thanksgiving with great catches and lets face it folks, Bobby Gee 3 is kind of brittle. He is an excellent athlete with great speed but he is very beatable. Pittsburgh Steelers were banged up on defense on they dominated him and this is something you will see happen more and more as defenses see him more often. It is almost the same as when Mike Vick had that break out season 2 years ago with the exception being that Mike Vick when he is on is far more lethal that Bobby Gee 3. Expect Bobby Gee 3 to have a 4-6 season shelf life of being relevent in NFL.

The very fact that Justin Tuck is stating that he is haveing nightmares against Bobby Gee 3 tells me they are not overconfident and are taking this game seriously. I am confident that we win by at least 14 in this game if not more.

I fully expect Eli Manning to find his groove again and carve up that defense.
    totally disagree with everything you said. Most of the local DC media rips the Skins and Snyder every year. Even the solid teams weve had havent been sustainable because we havent had a real QB. You have to admit that this is different.

Every team we play say the same thing. RG3 is brittle. How? He might be the toughest QB in the leauge. No one in the league has come close to taking the hits he's taken this year and all he's missed was 1 quarter of play which only came because our field sucks and his foot slipped from under him when he was running.

Garcon saved 2 easy picks? Have you guys watched us this year? He's had maybe the least amount of help of any QB. Our WR's havent made a play all year until the last 2 weeks. Ever since Garcon went down on that long TD in the 1st quarter of the 1st game against NO, we havent made any special plays at WR.

Pitt dominated him? We had injuries too. No Garcon, Davis, or Robinson and we dropped a leauge high 12 passes that game. All the Pitt fans talked non stop about how they couldnt truly gauge things because our WR's let RG3 down so much. Dont let your hate blind the facts. He's a very accurate QB. We cant predict the future but right now the kid is foreal
    Last edited by DLT; 11-28-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan91 View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I think the reason most of us Redskins fans are excited is we actually see progress. You can talk about how he's gimmicky, he's going to get hurt, DCs are going to figure him out, etc... but so far, the only mistake he has made that was big was not sliding or getting out of bounds early enough against the Falcons.

You have to also look at the Redskins QB play the past 20 years to see why fans are excited. I personally think he'll be the franchises QB for years to come, and I'm not too worried about his health, he has even said himself he's smartened up and knows his teammates need him to play it safe. Hes also not as small as everyone makes him out to be. Everyone automatically pictures a guy Vicks size with a Redskins helmet, but in reality hes the same exact size as Aaron Rodgers.

I'd be willing to bet that RG3 doesn't have the sophomore slump that Cam has. RG3 has an even-keeled demeanor and hasn't let any of the highs or lows go to his head. Cam has all the physical tools he needs, its just up top where he's missing out.

I'd also like to remind you guys, that Steve Young's Offensive Coordinator was Mike Shanahan. Elway could also be called a "mobile" QB. Shanahan knows how to work with QBs that are accurate on the run. I also don't think just because someone is outside of the pocket they're more likley to be hurt. With a weak Offensive Line, you can get popped just as hard, if not harder when you're a sitting duck in the pocket.

I don't know of any Redskins fans anointing RG3 as the greatest QB in the game right now, but I think he's got a shot to be a serious argument for it if he keeps it up in the next few years. Only Mike Wilbon seems to think so, but even his MVP comment is based on if a single team lost a single player, how much would it affect them.

Either way, I hope for a good game with no injuries, we've both got enough of those for now and It'll be interesting to see what difference having our #1 Receiver back is going to do.

Do you have any evidence for this? He's more accurate, a stand-up guy, and helps his teammates. He's also a Pass first guy, who scambles or bootlegs when needed. Vick was always running after his first read was covered in his early days. I'm sure you want to believe that, but I just don't buy it.

P.S. - Yes, we all hate Mara. You'd hate Snyder with a passion if it was the other way around, especially in an uncapped year where there were no rules against it, and a "gentlemen's agreement" (aka Collusion). Of course the other owners approve of getting an extra 1mil + to spend at the expense of 2 other teams (who were coincidentally in the same Division as Mara's team). Just keep in the back of your heads, we're playing you with 18mil less, so what happens when we can actually get some secondary depth?
    Maybe you outta wait until after the giants whoop that *** to make excuses there Skins guy? Just seems like a loser mentality, give yourself a chance to believe the first part of that post buddy.

+ Reply to Thread