+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BEAT WASHINGTON OR

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Whats the deal with the Mara thing....I missed that????
    The 36 Million Dollar cap penalty, released the day before free agency. It was brought up because I was reading through the threads and saw a few guys complaining that all redskins forums to is complain about Mara's cap penalty.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...nished-but-why
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...skins-cap-mess

Even Graziano, who I think everyone can agree is fair towards each of the East's teams was upset by it.

I know most of this forum will be thinking "who cares, get over it", but in the opposite position it wouldn't be forgotten here either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan91 View Post
    The 36 Million Dollar cap penalty, released the day before free agency. It was brought up because I was reading through the threads and saw a few guys complaining that all redskins forums to is complain about Mara's cap penalty.

Even Graziano, who I think everyone can agree is fair towards each of the East's teams was upset by it.

I know most of this forum will be thinking "who cares, get over it", but in the opposite position it wouldn't be forgotten here either.
    Blame your owner for trying to play with the salary cap. But like many ill-informed fans they blame the person who put a stop to it.

Giants fan since the early 80s

I don't know why skins or coboys fans are so suprised. Why would anyone expect Snyder or Jones to honor a "gentlemen's:" agreement.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    Blame your owner for trying to play with the salary cap. But like many ill-informed fans they blame the person who put a stop to it.
    Explain how someone plays with a salary cap, when there is no such salary cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
    I don't know why skins or coboys fans are so suprised. Why would anyone expect Snyder or Jones to honor a "gentlemen's:" agreement.
    A gentlemen's agreement which is realistically called "collusion".
    Last edited by Kerrigan91; 11-28-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Explain how someone plays with a salary cap, when there is no such salary cap?
    Ok, Redskins and Cowboys decided upon themselves to over pay on numerous contracts. When everyone knew the salary cap was going to be back the following season. Snyder and Jones gambled and got snagged.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Whoop? The first game was close, this game is home for the Redskins, with a bit healthier team. I highly doubt either side will "whoop" the other, but then again I may be looking at this rationally. There is a chance one can run away with it, but I'd say its more likely going to be a close game.

My point with the Mara crap is I saw quite a few posts saying the fans shouldn't hate Mara and get over it. I don't see why they should forget about it. In fact, I'd be willing to bet quite a bit that you'd hate Snyder for doing it if it was the other way around. I don't make excuses for anyone, I don't play on the teams so its not my job to do so. Its simply the point that if the Redskins are competitive in the east while being docked 18mil (the day before free agency started), I'm guessing they'll be plenty competitive when they get the 18mil back. If you can't follow that thinking, then I am sorry.

If Manning put up the numbers RG3 has his rookie year (or even 2nd year), Giants fans would've been ecstatic, and rightfully so. I had high expectations for his rookie year, but I didn't expect it to go this well. He had one bad game (Pitt), and even that game wasn't bad on his end, it was just recievers dropping passes left and right.
    I am not a huge fan of hyperbole but I will entertain you. I would predict that if the Giants FO drafted a scrambler type QB like Griffin, or Cunningham, Vick, Newton whomever that the fans would be, in the vast majority, anything but ecstatic.

Noit taking away from RGIII, he is impressive, but that type of QB just gtes little respect in giants nation.

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    we will still have a one full game lead in the division....
    and at least a tie for the #6 seed wild-card.
    If we lose on Monday the Skins are in the driver's seat. They will have only 1 loss in the division with three almost guaranteed wins in their schedule. That would put them at 9-7 and we would have to go 3-1 at least to win the division.

I don't think people understand how important this game is. To me, the winner of this game wins the division and the loser is probably not making the playoffs.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    Ok, Redskins and Cowboys decided upon themselves to over pay on numerous contracts. When everyone knew the salary cap was going to be back the following season. Snyder and Jones gambled and got snagged.
    The next year is moot. What they did was done during the UNCAPPED year. Therefore, it was uncapped and they were fine to restructure contracts. The NFL even approved these contract adjustments as they happened.

Either the year was uncapped, or it was under a salary cap. Unless you can provide evidence that there was indeed an written, binding, salary cap none of the next years contracts mattered at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    I am not a huge fan of hyperbole but I will entertain you. I would predict that if the Giants FO drafted a scrambler type QB like Griffin, or Cunningham, Vick, Newton whomever that the fans would be, in the vast majority, anything but ecstatic.

Noit taking away from RGIII, he is impressive, but that type of QB just gtes little respect in giants nation.
    I gotta call BS on that. I'd be happy with any QB, no matter their style if they are good and win games. So when Eli retires, you'll reach for a less impressive pocket passer, over a RG3, just because he can run a 4.4? Name one throw in the pocket that RG3 cannot make right now? His legs are simply an additional weapon, but his accuracy, throwing power, and poise are there whether his legs can move fast or not.
    Last edited by Kerrigan91; 11-28-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    If we lose on Monday the Skins are in the driver's seat. They will have only 1 loss in the division with three almost guaranteed wins in their schedule. That would put them at 9-7 and we would have to go 3-1 at least to win the division.

I don't think people understand how important this game is. To me, the winner of this game wins the division and the loser is probably not making the playoffs.
    its all very simple....
    after the bye they have 6 games. 1 down and 5 to go. Each week is a one game sched. Win them all and there are no worries who else does what.
    This game is huge. Just like last weeks and next weeks too....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

The next year is moot. What they did was done during the UNCAPPED year. Therefore, it was uncapped and they were fine to restructure contracts. The NFL even approved these contract adjustments as they happened.

Either the year was uncapped, or it was under a salary cap. Unless you can provide evidence that there was indeed an written, binding, salary cap none of the next years contracts mattered at all.
    there must have been something to it or else they would have been penalized....right???
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

+ Reply to Thread