+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    there must have been something to it or else they would have been penalized....right???
    That is what the NFL decided. Where it gets very fishy is that it was added into the new Salary Cap adjustments at the back end of the document. The Union signed it without knowing about it and now there is a lawsuit ongoing.

Mara came out and said publicly that the redskins and cowboys were "lucky they didn't take draft picks". Its that sort of back-room crap that annoyed redskins fans and cowboys fans, on top of their day they decided to release it, one day before NFL Free Agency began.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/79...collusion-2010

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/83...lawsuit-league

http://abovethelaw.com/2012/05/sport...ollusion-suit/
    1. The Recent Football Case is a Labor Case, Not an Antitrust Case: Generally when we think about collusion in professional sports, we think about violations of Section 1 of the Sherman Act, which states that “[e]very contract, combination … or conspiracy, in the restraint of trade or commerce … is declared to be illegal.” However, the recent lawsuit filed by the NFL Players Association is not based on Section 1 of the Sherman Act. Rather, it is filed under labor law, and argues that the NFL teams violated three distinct provisions of their last collective bargaining agreement that relate specifically to disallowing collusion. These provisions include:
    • Article XIII(a) (Anti-Collusion): “No Club, its employees, or agents, shall enter into any agreement express or implied, with the NFL or any other Club …. to restrict or limit individual Club decision-making [with regards to] whether or not to negotiate with a player.”
    • Article XV, Sect. 2: “Neither the parties hereto, nor any Club or player shall enter into an agreement …. to serve the purpose of defeating or circumventing the intention of the parties reflected by [aspects of the agreement related to] Total Revenues, Salary Cap, Entering Player Pool, and Minimum Team Salary …”
    • Article XIX, Sect. 6: “Defendants … each pledge their best efforts and cooperation … to implement the provisions of the [collective bargaining agreement] in a manner consistent with good faith and fair dealing.”

and more Graziano on this topic, directly related to Mara:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...uld-be-talking

Mara is wrong because the only thing of which the Redskins and Cowboys are guilty is failing to honor a shady gentleman's agreement between 32 billionaires who don't want to pay their employees any more than they have to. What the NFL, Mara and the other owners did, effectively imposing a salary cap when none had been agreed to by the other party (i.e., the players) in their collective bargaining agreement, was patently wrong. To punish the teams that didn't go along with the wrong, and to so strenuously defend the punishment as though it were right, is the height of arrogance.
    Last edited by Kerrigan91; 11-28-2012 at 04:38 PM.

We Meet Again !

I would Like the GMen to play, just a little More Aggresive ! than they did against the Packer's...........not that they didn't play great.... I feel RGlll is going to go Ballistic, he wants this game so bad he can taste it..........the GMen know, what has to be done! Triple team RGlll , Attack him on every snap ! and Win the game.

Go Giants !

if we play like we did against san fran and green bay it will be a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    If we lose on Monday the Skins are in the driver's seat. They will have only 1 loss in the division with three almost guaranteed wins in their schedule. That would put them at 9-7 and we would have to go 3-1 at least to win the division.

I don't think people understand how important this game is. To me, the winner of this game wins the division and the loser is probably not making the playoffs.
    i realize how important this game is, and all its ramifications , but that wasn't the OP's question.

"Beat Washington or"......the Giants are still one gane ahead and are still in the drivers seat. period.
    the OP did not say "Beat Washington and then go 3 and 1", that is a different proposal.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

i realize (pointed out by you , yourself , CC in another post) that the Giants would lose all tie-breakers with Skins or Cowboys.
    we must therefore remain at least one game ahead of them to win the division.
    a loss to Washington on MNF still leaves us 1 game ahead , and technically still in control of our own destiny.
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAE View Post
    If the Giants play as they can, ex: vs Packers. No team has a chance to beat them. None
    Well what we did on Defense had a lot to do with KP coming back and freeing up Rolle. We may not have that Monday night or for awhile for that matter
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Well what we did on Defense had a lot to do with KP coming back and freeing up Rolle. We may not have that Monday night or for awhile for that matter
    is Hill not capable of subbing for KP ?
    not being sarcastic....is he that much of a drop-off to where we can't use that same 3 safety set ?

We need to win our games and not worry about what everyone else is doing. None of these remaining ganes is going to be easy, not even the Eagles' game.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    is Hill not capable of subbing for KP ?
    not being sarcastic....is he that much of a drop-off to where we can't use that same 3 safety set ?
    Trouble is without KP, Rolle cant really drop into the box because we cant have 2 rooks be the only thing stopping RG3 from drropping one in for 6 to Garcon everytime someone gets beat for a step.

That being said, SB could be effective in the box. I sound like jaak...... But playing close is a matter of instict and quickness and those Brown has in spades.

Dont think we see much 3S Nickle anywho. Going to 3 Linebackers on the field a lot.

Banned
    Beat Washington or....

We lose the game vs Washington. that about sums it up