+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan91 View Post
    First off, it was 28 who agreed. Second off, why wouldn't they agree to be able to take another teams cap space and use it for their own good? Seems dumb not to, doesn't it?

Its funny, Giants fans come to redskins boards too. In fact, a few from here go onto other sites, swear at members, get banned and then get upset that the redskins forums mods are angry. I haven't made any posts like that, just an opposing fans view.

I don't think anything I said in my first post was ****y at all. I simply said it would probably be a close game and that RG3 has looked good, despite some people saying he hasn't done much. I didn't say I guaranteed the Redskins to win once, but I guess reading comprehension isn't a strong suit of yours. I'm also not sure what I said that was obnoxious?

There are some forums where they don't mind opposing view, and some that don't I suppose. No big loss to me if you are so upset with me posting that you call me ****y and obnoxious when my post was just that as fans we're happy with RG3, and not anointing him the best in the NFL just yet. In fact, I think that is the opposite of ****y, but more reserved to wait for the future.
    opposing views are quite welcome here and I dont recall anyone asking you to leave. Just breaking balls bud. You came off a little homerish then went into the cap thing, its not like you burned a bag of kittens, relax hammer.

Win and your in, talking about which team is the toughest down the stretch is just that talk. Last year with six games to go the Giants didn't look like a tough match up, turns out this team was a handful. Any team can step up and any team can fold (Dallas has done that in the past as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan91 View Post
    First off, it was 28 who agreed. Second off, why wouldn't they agree to be able to take another teams cap space and use it for their own good? Seems dumb not to, doesn't it?

Its funny, Giants fans come to redskins boards too. In fact, a few from here go onto other sites, swear at members, get banned and then get upset that the redskins forums mods are angry. I haven't made any posts like that, just an opposing fans view.

I don't think anything I said in my first post was ****y at all. I simply said it would probably be a close game and that RG3 has looked good, despite some people saying he hasn't done much. I didn't say I guaranteed the Redskins to win once, but I guess reading comprehension isn't a strong suit of yours. I'm also not sure what I said that was obnoxious?

There are some forums where they don't mind opposing view, and some that don't I suppose. No big loss to me if you are so upset with me posting that you call me ****y and obnoxious when my post was just that as fans we're happy with RG3, and not anointing him the best in the NFL just yet. In fact, I think that is the opposite of ****y, but more reserved to wait for the future.
    LOL so 28 owners said you were guilty and you get pissed at one??? Sounds pretty petty to me. Maybe you should look at your owner for the blame.You owner got caught and our owner explained his feelings on it...big deal. No it is dumb to cause... their is nothing you can do about it...why talk about something on a GIANTS messageboard about our owner?? Save that crap for yours...no one is going to sit quietly and let you talk about Mara
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 11-29-2012 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    we will still have a one full game lead in the division....
    and at least a tie for the #6 seed wild-card.
    you mean 2 games and a 1 game in division record ?

This is a huge game for both teams, we'll see "Who wants it more"

With a 2 game lead over them and the boys a win here and a loss by the boys puts us up by 3 with 4 to go, and an edge in the division tie breaker.

I really dont want togo into week 17 needing a win vs the filthy iggles.

They are dirty and if they have nothing to play for they will play to hurt or injure our players ala a few years ago.
    As much as I hate themm we need them to beat the boys Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    Eveyone needs to stop putting the skins on a pedestal. They're 5 - 6, so of course they're beatable.
    +1
    So Lets Beat them !

if we win, it should all but seal the division, let's bear down and get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Medisleman View Post
    The Skins are one hit away from imploding. I wouldn't worry too much about them. I have been living in DC for 10 years and the writers and fans who cover the Skins are delusional sheep. RGIII is not as good as everyone thinks. Mistakes will be made and hits will be taken. RGIII has only been shaken up once so far and it took him 2-3 weeks to recover. If he takes a few more big shots he will become skiddish like most "athletic" QBs eventually do. Mark my words, RGIII will never win a Super Bowl.
    RG3 really hasnt taken a big hit since the Atlanta game., but ok. Actually, RG3 was fine after the Atlanta game. The next game that was the Vikings when he scorched them for 320 total yards and 3 touchdowns (1 passing 2 rushing). Then he played the Giants, which up to that point was his best game of the season. After that he played Pittsburg. That was the game where his recievers decided not to show up. Carolina was his worst game of the season. After that game, which was bad, he went on the throw 8 td passes in 5 days. If thats "shaken up" performance. I'm happy.

This game begins and ends in the trenches, period. If we do not stop morris from running the rock, it'll be a long, tiring game. I hope that PF comes up with a winning scheme to stop the run as he came up with a scheme to stop rodgers throwing the rock. One of the keys is gap integrity. Along with that hopefully, the front seven comes out with fire and wins the fight at the LOS. We went up 2 TO's last game which made the difference. They killed us in almost every other stat, except the score. We gotta stop them blowing us out between the tackles. Big game for canty, joseph, austin and bernard and lets hope that blackburn makes tackles near the LOS not 7 yards back. Go Giants!

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    LOL so 28 owners said you were guilty and you get pissed at one??? Sounds pretty petty to me. Maybe you should look at your owner for the blame.You owner got caught and our owner explained his feelings on it...big deal. No it is dumb to cause... their is nothing you can do about it...why talk about something on a GIANTS messageboard about our owner?? Save that crap for yours...no one is going to sit quietly and let you talk about Mara
    I understand you're not reading what is actually going on, but just back up a second and at least understand something before just putting blame on the other 27 owners.

Mara is the Chairman of the Management committee, and the one who came out publicly to say it should've been worse. Why would Dan Graziano be picking on him, hes not a redskins or cowboys fan. Of course you'll love it, you took out 2 division rivals in one shot, the day before free agency began. I'd pretend my **** didn't stink either if that was the case.

Again, Snyder got "caught" by spending money in an UNCAPPED year. In other words, he spent too much money, when there was no rule against spending whatever he wanted. I'm not sure how fans can't grasp this. IT was collusion by the NFL and Owners against the NFLPA. You cannot get together with your competitors to set prices on the workers. It is the reason there is a 4 billion dollar lawsuit in the works. The issue is there is no way for the Redskins and Cowboys to get any cap room back.

What is more petty, being mad another owner spent money when he was allowed to, or docking owners in your division because they spent money when they could've?

“I thought the penalties imposed were proper,” Mara said. “What they did was in violation of the spirit of the salary cap. They attempted to take advantage of a one-year loophole, and quite frankly, I think they’re lucky they didn’t lose draft picks.”Stephen Jones, the son of Dallas owner Jerry Jones, responded to that by saying politely: “That’s John’s opinion. That’s not my opinion.”
    The Cowboys were docked $10 million in salary-cap space, which will be split over the 2012 and 2013 seasons.
    Last week, a Washington executive was more pointed about the situation when asked about the $36 million the Redskins will be docked this year and next.
    “Ask John Mara,” the executive said.
    That’s sure to create some tense talks. Jones said the Cowboys filed the appeal and are hoping to avoid further legal action in the matter.
    NFL and team sources said the league warned all teams on multiple occasions that manipulating the salary cap in 2010 would come back to haunt clubs once the salary cap came back under the new collective bargaining agreement, which was settled last summer. However, teams weren’t given parameters in the 2010 offseason, and the exact rules and penalties were not worked out until early this month when the NFL and the NFLPA worked out a new salary cap for the 2012 season. As the league and the players agreed on a cap of $120.6 million, the league demanded from the union that Washington and Dallas be penalized for what they did in 2010.
    At the heart of the issue are portions of the contracts forAlbert Haynesworth, DeAngelo Hall and Miles Austin that appeared to be loaded into spending for the 2010 season instead of counting against the teams’ salary caps in later years.
    The union accepted the penalties for the teams in order to keep the salary cap at $120.6 million rather than between $113 million and $117 million it was projected to be. Either of the lower figures would have been a decrease in the cap from 2011 (when it was $120 million) and could have been problematic for NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith.
    In other words, many people believe the league strong-armed the union into agreeing to the penalties. The union was included in the grievance, although an NFLPA source said last week that the union would welcome a challenge of the penalties because it believes the league participated in collusion in 2010.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu..._owners_032512

The real question is, if the NFL can create a "spirit-based" salary cap without the NFLPA's consent, why is there a NFLPA to begin with?