+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bench Player

Re: so this guy thinks we take a LB in round 1

Disregarding Kiwi and Boley, most of our LBs are very green. I wouldn't write them off so soon, I'd give them another season to see what they can really do. Not a lot of rookies did well without training camp and OTAs. I think we got pretty good value for JWill at weakside. For a rookie, he's holding his own behind Boley. Herzlich can be pretty solid at SAM behind Kiwi. Greg Jones has been thrust into a position where he wasn't ready so I'd give him some time. When Goff comes back, hopefully he'll be able to guide Jones in the right direction. There's also Paysinger but I think he'll remain a ST guy. But man oh man, Burfict looks like a beast. Drafting him would definitely give that fire we lack in the LB corps. He'd probably also give Goff and Jones a run for their money. I think he'd definitely make for an interesting training camp.

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="Raptor22"]Forget Andrew Luck, Vontaze Burfict is the most overhyped player in this year's draft.

Before everyone goes lusting after him (then roasting JR if they don't take him with their first round pick), go watch his 2011 game tape in the Film Room on the Draft Board.

Yes, he's a vicious hitter. Yes he's a physical freak.

Yes, he has low discipline, yes he has low football IQ, yes he played craptastically this season.

I don't care how nasty you are, or how hard you hit, if you're handing the opposing offense 75 yards in penalties, getting benched, ejected, or suspended, you are the offenses best weapon.
    [/quote]

That stuff can be rectified in the NFL. It is a no brainer pick. If he is there, you take him.

[/quote]

These things are not easily correctable if correctable at all.

Guys who lack discipline and football intelligence are going to struggle with the transition to the NFL.

Do you think they are going to put the time in the film room like AP did ? Would it really matter if they are a mental midget ? How the heck is a guy like that supposed to run the defense ?

How long is a guy going to stay on the field if he is giving away first downs with stupid behavior?
    He has been a problem for AZ since he got there and hasn't matured 1 iota. Look at his last game and what transpired there. He may not even play in their bowl game.

Vicious hitters are a less valuable than ever in the NFL. The rules protecting offensive players make big hitters a liability instead of an asset.

[quote user="blueblood42o"]ok ok i know. its BR. and its way too early to start mock drafting. but it brings me to my point, would you rather take the kid they say we take- zach brown from NC, got decent size, incredible speed 4.40, thats FAST for a 4-3 OLB. we could put him opposite boley, and have a nice tandem at OLB, and just move kiwi back to the line, hes played well this year but come on. put the kid where he belongs.

OR

do we take vontaze burfict?
    i know hes a little nuts, but i think thats exactly what this team needs right now. someone that gives 1000 percent every play. someone that can take someones head off. i hear hes very quiet so IDK if he has leadership ablitiy, but man this guy is a flat beast. he can cover the TE, stop the run.

so, if the FO smartens up and these guys are available, which do you take?[/quote]

we'll see whose left when we draft and who we cut, resign, and sign as a FA.

Why even bother looking at something like that with a million different variables that can change between then and now
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Well reese will draft the highest person left on Kiper's board. Sooo I don't know. Burfict is projected to ve a very high pick last I heard, so may not be there. I love the guy from NC though, great LB who can pass rush, stuff the run and play the pass. Exactly what we need. I think it would be a great pick up

[quote user="JMFP2"]I think we take a new DC on the 2nd day of the offseason.[/quote]
    ROFL !
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

[quote user="burier"]I dont know about either player but I don't want to hear about leadership ability.

You know how you lead? You commit mass murder every play. If we get rid of some of the lazy folks we have on roster and replace them with guys who have but 1 speed then we'll be much improved. I'm so sick of people on our team running their damn mouths and then getting there words jammed down their throats.[/quote]
    So in other words, we should draft Patrick Willis. Lord, If only our front office could IDENTIFY which LB might have that kind of potential. He brings the wood on EVERY play and backs and receivers remember it when he lays a lick on them. Sadly I can't remember when we had someone who would lay anybody out, but the good news, as another poster said, is that we're sure not drawing any fines for tackling too hard!

[quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="JMFP2"]I think we take a new DC on the 2nd day of the offseason.[/quote]
    ROFL ![/quote]
    Why the delay?

Some seem to forget, we need two Lbs.....I think draft & FA is a must.....
    I know some are on his jock but goff has done nothing to be considered a guy that automatically has a starting gig as soon as he's healthy,he needs to prove himself still.....and kiwi needs to be back at DE,enough of the experiment......
    Herzlich,williams,paysinger, these guys could be quality players one day, but it would be a huge gamble & mistake to assume one of these guys will step it up in 2012.....

[quote user="myles2424"]Some seem to forget, we need two Lbs.....I think draft & FA is a must.....
    I know some are on his jock but goff has done nothing to be considered a guy that automatically has a starting gig as soon as he's healthy,he needs to prove himself still.....and kiwi needs to be back at DE,enough of the experiment......
    Herzlich,williams,paysinger, these guys could be quality players one day, but it would be a huge gamble & mistake to assume one of these guys will step it up in 2012.....[/quote]

agreed, we need to draft a LBer early and bring in a quality FA , I haven't seen what others see in Goff because IMO he just looked better because every one else was so bad. If we take the approach that these young LBers we have will suddenly step up and play at a starting level and they don't then we're screwed all over again for another season..

I can actually se Burflict falling into the 2nd rd. His production has dropped some this year and of course he does have the temper problem/lack of self-control that can cost a team many 15 yard penalties or the possibility of ejections/suspensions.

The only backer I would want to hear their name called in Rd 1 would be Luke Kuechly to the New York Giants. Maybe throw the Brown kid from Carolina in that conversation as well.

If they are both gone, I say move on to another position of need O-line.

One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University