+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Redskins' Griffin Calls Tuck Compliments "An Honor"

Redskins' Griffin Calls Tuck Compliments "An Honor"

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giants...#axzz2DNRLAAEZ

Excerpt: "Justin Tuck after his first live attempt at trying to catch Robert Griffin III said he was upset with the football gods for putting RG3 in the NFC East, where the Giants have to face him twice a season.

Griffin calls that kind of talk “an honor’’ heading into Monday night’s Giants-Redskins rematch.

It’s an honor to be able to affect other football players like that on other teams because that means they respect you,’’ Griffin, the Redskins rookie quarterback sensation, said Wednesday on NFL Network’s NFL AM. “They respect the way you play and you go about the game the right way. He’s still going to be trying to sack me on Monday night and he’s still going to try to come after me and shut our offense down. So I realize that but whenever you’ve earned the respect of your opponents, that means you’ve done what you’re supposed to do. Prayerfully, I can continue to go out and earn the respect of my opponents.”

Griffin doesn’t have to worry, he earned the respect of the Giants back on Oct. 21, when he passed for 258 yards and two touchdowns and ran for 89 yards. Griffin put the Redskins ahead 23-20 with 1:32 remaining on a 30-yard touchdown pass to Santana Moss, only to see seconds later Eli Manning hit Victor Cruz with a game-winning 77-yard scoring strike for a 27-23 Giants victory.

That close call, Griffin says, makes the Redskins eager for another crack at the Giants.

“I think everybody is extremely confident, not just by the way we played them last time but the way we’ve played the last two games,’’ Griffin said. “We have that momentum coming with us and I think everybody is ready to go. Once again, it’s a one-game season for us. This is the only game that we have and it’s the only game that matters.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

cool....seems RG has his head screwed on straight...
    still hope we kick the **** out them though....with all due respect that is...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

This is going to be a very tough game for the Giants.....Redskins are treating this like a playoff game.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    This is going to be a very tough game for the Giants.....Redskins are treating this like a playoff game.
    as should the Giants....
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    as should the Giants....
    Agreed...in terms of the division, this is their biggest game left. Win this one, and at home agains Philly, and I'm pretty sure one more Dallas loss would clinch the NFC East.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    as should the Giants....
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Tuck will rattle RGIII

Hard to dislike anything about Bob except his uniform.
    for the love of all the fans - END the "bend and break" era

--80--

All-Pro
    This is the biggest game for Washington in a a long time. The Giants need to have a fast start to take the crowd out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    This is the biggest game for Washington in a a long time. The Giants need to have a fast start to take the crowd out of it.
    fast start and no let up....

+ Reply to Thread