+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Redskins' Griffin Calls Tuck Compliments "An Honor"

I guess i am the only one who believes that early predictions on a rookie QB are pointless??? Hes great, a class act, a future hall of famer, black jesus, etc etc blah blah....He has won absolutely nothing and the hits have not added up yet. Ill wait until the end of next season and then praise the Almighty Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by enforcer_upu View Post
    Not to sound rude, but I'm painfully tired of hearing any comments comparing the Redskins' record to how good RG3 is or isn't. It isn't his fault he lead a game-winning TD drive with 1:30 left and his defense gave up a pathetic 77-yard TD. It isn't his fault his defense, especially passing, is on pace to be historically bad. Do you really think Andrew Luck would be 7-4 with the Redskins defense? Not a chance. So please, let's leave the record out of this. I agree a team is what it's record is, but as a player, it has no bearing on how good RG3 is will be. Without him, They're 2-9 at best.
    so your saying the colts d is better the the skins? and like i said i like the dude think he is a good player but im tired of the rgIII slurp fest on our message board. yeah the d gave up that 77 yard play to cruz and had the skins had 1:27 left eli would have brought us down for a score BOB didnt
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    so your saying the colts d is better the the skins? and like i said i like the dude think he is a good player but im tired of the rgIII slurp fest on our message board. yeah the d gave up that 77 yard play to cruz and had the skins had 1:27 left eli would have brought us down for a score BOB didnt
    Thank you someone preaching the truth. You would think this guy is our quarterback....smh.Some Giant fans have been talking about him better then they will ever talk about Eli. That is sad. I can't remember who threw the game winning td the last time we played???Oh that td with 1:27 left was a great play call by KG.... and Eli and Cruz played it perfect. The Redskins had the right play to stop Cruz so this "our defense sucks" stuff is nonsense...Cruz just split the defenders it was a GREAT play by him
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 11-29-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Thank you someone preaching the truth. You would think this guy is our quarterback....smh.Some Giant fans have been talking about him better then they will ever talk about Eli. That is sad. I can't remember who threw the game winning td the last time we played???Oh that td with 1:27 left was a great play call by KG.... and Eli and Cruz played it perfect. The Redskins had the right play to stop Cruz so this "our defense sucks" stuff is nonsense...Cruz just split the defenders it was a GREAT play by him
    He was getting first downs with a minute left, but Blackburn stripped Moss. Not sure how that is Griffins fault. Either way, compare his rookie season to Eli's Rookie, or second year, and hes not doing all that bad. He went "blow for blow" with probably the most clutch QB in the NFL right now, and it ended not of his doing. Would he have gotten a score, no one really knows but I'd say most people were impressed either way.

That said, its going to be a tough game. This is about as close as it gets for the redskins to a "must-win" game. Losing it, and you basically have to run the table, and get some help via losses of other potential 6 seed teams to even make it in.

I hope for a good game, no injuries on either side. I expect a helluva show on both sides, just like last game.
    Last edited by Kerrigan91; 11-29-2012 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan91 View Post
    He was getting first downs with a minute left, but Blackburn stripped Moss. Not sure how that is Griffins fault. Either way, compare his rookie season to Eli's Rookie, or second year, and hes not doing all that bad. He went "blow for blow" with probably the most clutch QB in the NFL right now, and it ended not of his doing. Would he have gotten a score, no one really knows but I'd say most people were impressed either way.

That said, its going to be a tough game. This is about as close as it gets for the redskins to a "must-win" game. Losing it, and you basically have to run the table, and get some help via losses of other potential 6 seed teams to even make it in.

I hope for a good game, no injuries on either side. I expect a helluva show on both sides, just like last game.
    ugh, yes please no injuries. We lost Brown for the year after beating the Packers, making that win bittersweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan91 View Post

Rookies playing in the NFL now compared to 2004 is a whole lot different.Plus when Eli did get the start they made him learn their offense they didn't taylor it to him. Eli went through growing pains but I glad he did cause now he runs one of the most complex offenses in the league.

Everything RG3 runs id pretty much what he ran at Baylor.Next year he is going to have to play more of a pro-style offense. Not saying he can't so please do not get all worked up.....just saying I have to see it first. He usually goes with his first read and throws if they are not open he runs around then it becomes backyard football so he is really not going through his progressions.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemay93 View Post
    RG3's dad was in a military something I have in common with him. I know what he has gone through in his childhood, which is most likely similar to mine by moving constantly. Im always a Giants fan first, but I definitely respect this guy and wouldn't mind rooting for him.
    actually he grew up with Military Parents. Both his Mom and Dad were in the Service so he comes from a good Background. Well mannered and respectful. Also smart
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Yeah, great kid, great athlete. Just be happy he isn't on the Eagles or Cowboys rosters.
    He'd turn into a huge ****** if he was with the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Rookies playing in the NFL now compared to 2004 is a whole lot different.Plus when Eli did get the start they made him learn their offense they didn't taylor it to him. Eli went through growing pains but I glad he did cause now he runs one of the most complex offenses in the league.

Everything RG3 runs id pretty much what he ran at Baylor.Next year he is going to have to play more of a pro-style offense. Not saying he can't so please do not get all worked up.....just saying I have to see it first. He usually goes with his first read and throws if they are not open he runs around then it becomes backyard football so he is really not going through his progressions.
    The Redskins run a hybrid offense. Do they run concepts from the spread option? Sure. But most of their big scoring plays have come from "pro style" formations and basic playaction. The Skins actually run a pretty complex offense with a lot of differnt concepts; Spread option, West Coast, Zone Read, Stretch Runs, Screens, Deep Play Action passes. Is the offense tailor made for Griffin? Hell yes, and thats not a bad thing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Redskins4eva View Post
    The Redskins run a hybrid offense. Do they run concepts from the spread option? Sure. But most of their big scoring plays have come from "pro style" formations and basic playaction. The Skins actually run a pretty complex offense with a lot of differnt concepts; Spread option, West Coast, Zone Read, Stretch Runs, Screens, Deep Play Action passes. Is the offense tailor made for Griffin? Hell yes, and thats not a bad thing at all.
    I'm saying I want to see the kid drop back and go through his progression and make quick decisions under duress not tuck it and run. You guys always take this so personal...lol.

My point to him was that Eli had to learn Kevin Gilbrides system they didn't taylor it to what Eli was good at like they are doing for RG3. Eli and his wrs have to be on the same page our our offense is a mess. All the receivers run option routes so Eli has to read body language of the receiver cause he could go three different ways. If he makes the wrong read it's a pick.He has to do all that and read how the defense is playing them all in at the least 3 seconds. Mean while he might change the play at the line so keep in mind he has to make a whole new set of reads and he doesn't have eight people dropping in the box to stop the run. Usually it's eight or 7 in the back end covering.

RG3 doesn't do anything close to that. When he runs the option he can do three things. 1. he can keep it and run.2. he can hand of to the running back. 3.or he can pitch it. 4. If his first read is open he can pass it.So he can do four things but he is only reading 2 players. He's reading the DE or LB and the Conerback. Stretch runs are stretch runs there is nothing complex about that. West coast offense is a timing precision offense with short passes those are pretty easy read. Not dissing RG3 that all just saying he didn't have to learn nearly as complex of an offense as Eli had to.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 11-30-2012 at 03:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread