+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Redskins' Griffin Calls Tuck Compliments "An Honor"

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I'm saying I want to see the kid drop back and go through his progression and make quick decisions under duress not tuck it and run. You guys always take this so personal...lol.
    Nothing "personal", but I think you're wrong, and film shows it.

http://httr24-7.com/?p=3792

Read that post, and the progressions RGIII has to go through on the Robinson TD. Robinson is not his quick read, and he also looked off defenders in the process. So what you just asked for, I showed you. Again, don't take it so personal... lol.

Here is when it gets fun! This “College Offense” is supposed to be 1 read which makes it easy on the QB. The critics like to say “Robert Griffin III is not being asked to read the field like other QBs” etc. I have news for you, Kyle Shanahan has designed an offense that is more in-depth than your typical “college offense”.Following the PA fake Robert Griffin III puts eyes on his first read in the progression. At this point Hankerson and Robinson are being passed to safeties.

The in cut by Hankerson invites the far safety to bite on the route, this pulls him out of deep coverage.With no threats in the flat The CB carried Robinson to the safety.The near hash safety is still in no mans land.

Robert Griffin the III knows he has the Robinson route but stays with his progressions. I think this is significant because it shows maturity as a passer. Griffin could have sat and waited for Robinson to come open and let it rip but he stayed within the offense and took the route when he should have.
    so not only is he working through progressions, he's letting longer plays develop. If you're not impressed with that, while a rookie, and attribute it to just "first read college ball", then you're just ignoring what is in front of you.
    Last edited by Kerrigan91; 11-30-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan91 View Post
    Nothing "personal", but I think you're wrong, and film shows it.

http://httr24-7.com/?p=3792

Read that post, and the progressions RGIII has to go through on the Robinson TD. Robinson is not his quick read, and he also looked off defenders in the process. So what you just asked for, I showed you. Again, don't take it so personal... lol.

so not only is he working through progressions, he's letting longer plays develop. If you're not impressed with that, while a rookie, and attribute it to just "first read college ball", then you're just ignoring what is in front of you.
    Lol you give me ONE play and you think all of a sudden I going to say he is good at going through progressions???Going through your progressions is not making the defense read you do you understand that?? Eli has to read defense cause he isn't going to make plays with his feet so the play is never going to break down with open receivers. RG3 is looking at his first progression yes and makes the second read I get it but since your team runs the ball well he basically has man coverage all the time those are easy reads if he's covered you don't throw if he's open then you throw. I'm talking about when there are 8 people in coverage I want to see him drop back and throw the ball and make a difficult NFL throw on a consistent basis. Not saying he hasn't but your giving me a play from a design pistol formation the defense has to play run or pass not soley pass.Oh and you telling me RG3 doesn't tuck it and run most times when he's in trouble instead of trying to stand in the pocket and make the throw?? I know your mad cause I dissed your gift from heaven I get it. Christ you can't say you want to see improvement in this guy at all can you......no your right he has it all he doesn't have to do anything else he is wise beyond his years.I was comparing the offense that he and Eli had to learn their rookie years and his is just not as complex...sorry it's just not.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 11-30-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Lol you give me ONE play and you think all of a sudden I going to say he is good at going through progressions???Going through your progressions is not making the defense read you do you understand that?? Eli has to read defense cause he isn't going to make plays with his feet so the play is never going to break down with open receivers. RG3 is looking at his first progression yes and makes the second read I get it but since your team runs the ball well he basically has man coverage all the time those are easy reads if he's covered you don't throw if he's open then you throw. I'm talking about when there are 8 people in coverage I want to see him drop back and throw the ball and make a difficult NFL throw on a consistent basis. Not saying he hasn't but your giving me a play from a design pistol formation the defense has to play run or pass not soley pass.Oh and you telling me RG3 doesn't tuck it and run most times when he's in trouble instead of trying to stand in the pocket and make the throw?? I know your mad cause I dissed your gift from heaven I get it. Christ you can't say you want to see improvement in this guy at all can you......no your right he has it all he doesn't have to do anything else he is wise beyond his years.I was comparing the offense that he and Eli had to learn their rookie years and his is just not as complex...sorry it's just not.
    Dude, taking this personal after telling others not to again... Relax, I haven't said anything bad about Eli, nor have I said that RG3 does everything right. In fact I've said on here I'm cautiously optimistic about the future but its a wait and see sorta thing.

I am not here to tell anyone hes perfect, but hes doing better than most have expected so far. To simply discount his ability as a college only offense throwing only to his hot reads is ignorance at its best. The person being ridiculous here is you, showing you an example and you basically say "I want to see him make a throw he shouldn't make, and complete it." Why would he want to make risky throws when he doesn't need to. Was the Santana Moss back shoulder pass on the run not a difficult pass last week? Was the 4th and 10 against the Giants in the first game not a difficult breakdown and pass? Was the Garcon Crossing route against New Orleans while getting smacked in the face not a tough pass? Was the Santana Moss over shoulder TD against Hosley in the first Giants game not a tough throw with 2 minutes left?

Eli turns a broken pass protection play in the superbowl in 07 into a throw it up and pray and he's hailed as great. Griffin does anything but sit flat-footed in a 5 step drop and "hes not proven hes an NFL QB, and defenses will figure him out by next year".

The play fake works, so why the heck wouldn't they use it early and often. You basically want him to run Eli's offense, when he and the entire team is built to run a much more exotic offense. Its like me saying Bradshaw is not that great, because he doesn't use as strict of a zone scheme as Morris, and until he does, hes not impressive. Its a useless argument, and doesn't explain whether Bradshaw is good at what he's coached to do or not.

I remember when people talked crap about any QB in a West Coast offense, saying they weren't ever going to win anything, and that they were unspectacular.

I'll stop debating this now, its not really going to prove anything on either of our sides. I guess we'll just have to see as his career progresses as to whether he can manage to become an NFL QB, and not a college one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan91 View Post
    Dude, taking this personal after telling others not to again... Relax, I haven't said anything bad about Eli, nor have I said that RG3 does everything right. In fact I've said on here I'm cautiously optimistic about the future but its a wait and see sorta thing.

I am not here to tell anyone hes perfect, but hes doing better than most have expected so far. To simply discount his ability as a college only offense throwing only to his hot reads is ignorance at its best. The person being ridiculous here is you, showing you an example and you basically say "I want to see him make a throw he shouldn't make, and complete it." Why would he want to make risky throws when he doesn't need to. Was the Santana Moss back shoulder pass on the run not a difficult pass last week? Was the 4th and 10 against the Giants in the first game not a difficult breakdown and pass? Was the Garcon Crossing route against New Orleans while getting smacked in the face not a tough pass? Was the Santana Moss over shoulder TD against Hosley in the first Giants game not a tough throw with 2 minutes left?

Eli turns a broken pass protection play in the superbowl in 07 into a throw it up and pray and he's hailed as great. Griffin does anything but sit flat-footed in a 5 step drop and "hes not proven hes an NFL QB, and defenses will figure him out by next year".

The play fake works, so why the heck wouldn't they use it early and often. You basically want him to run Eli's offense, when he and the entire team is built to run a much more exotic offense. Its like me saying Bradshaw is not that great, because he doesn't use as strict of a zone scheme as Morris, and until he does, hes not impressive. Its a useless argument, and doesn't explain whether Bradshaw is good at what he's coached to do or not.

I remember when people talked crap about any QB in a West Coast offense, saying they weren't ever going to win anything, and that they were unspectacular.

I'll stop debating this now, its not really going to prove anything on either of our sides. I guess we'll just have to see as his career progresses as to whether he can manage to become an NFL QB, and not a college one.
    I guess we will.... not to be a jerk but all those plays you mentioned were his first read easy throws and I have said nothing... wrong with that. But when defenses figure him out and he has to make tight window throws majority of the time then I will say he has a very bright future in the NFL. I just haven't seen that enough. That throw that you were talking about with Eli,,,no no one hails him as great cause everyone disrespects him and says it was luck. All I'm saying to you is I want to see more difficult throws for him to make cause one day he's going to have to.

+ Reply to Thread