+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alex Smith

Quote Originally Posted by CTLadyBlue View Post
    You don't do this to your starter unless he's royally effing up the game and his teams chance of winning.
    Don't forget what happened in the offseason when Smith's contract was up -- they were a finalist in the Peyton Manning derby and only brought Smith back when Peyton signed with the Broncos. He was already massively disrespected more than anybody since Trent Dilfer.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Don't forget what happened in the offseason when Smith's contract was up -- they were a finalist in the Peyton Manning derby and only brought Smith back when Peyton signed with the Broncos. He was already massively disrespected more than anybody since Trent Dilfer.
    The guy should demand a trade in offseason. he could make somebody like the Jets, Miami or Cinn a contender. (nothing against 28 yr old Weeden) but thats a franchise that has had something like 20 qbs in 18 seasons or something like that. I think Smith could do very well for himself elsewhere. I realize he feels he has started something at SF that he wants to finish but how many times can they disrespect him and he turn the other cheek
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Not Cincy (Andy Dalton) you meant Cleveland

...don't think Alex is that great to be honest. a journeyman for sure, but yes teams like the Jets, Kansas City or even the Vikings can benefit.

I never believed in Ponder and Tannenhil(sp) is decent, not great mind you.

Jim Harbaugh went with his guy, Kaepernick(sp) was the guy he wanted drafted, and there you go.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Harbaugh showing his college roots. Playing games with the QB is fine there but this is the big boy league. This move could spell losing homefield or a first round flop. It wouldn't be unreasonable to see a young player with limited experience implode in there first playoff game.

Why all this support for Smith? He's a 49er, an enemy to my team. Who cares what the QB situation is in SF. I just want us to smash em in the playoffs again with whomever is behind center.

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Why all this support for Smith? He's a 49er, an enemy to my team. Who cares what the QB situation is in SF. I just want us to smash em in the playoffs again with whomever is behind center.
    +1

Go Giants !

Not a good precedent that all he did to lose his job was get a concussion. Look for more players to take that as a reason to hide their concussions.

Banned
    Alex Smith looked mighty pissed off today, congrats on giving St. Louis their 5th win San Fran!

It has to be a nightmare on their boards right now!!
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    No harm in following the rest of the league...

+ Reply to Thread