+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Alex Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Why all this support for Smith? He's a 49er, an enemy to my team. Who cares what the QB situation is in SF. I just want us to smash em in the playoffs again with whomever is behind center.
    I don't support him, like you the 9ers are my forth most hated team after the other **** bags in the NFCE...

I deeply dislike Jimmy Harbaugh too, his personality is wet

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Harbaugh looks like he's on speed...eyes look like they're popping out of his head...
    Last edited by blueomaha; 12-02-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Ya. Seriously. He's their offense

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    Where are all those dumbass 49er fans who were saying Alex Smith is elite not but a month ago? What do you clowns have to say now?
    They're still trying to convince themselves that the NFC W is the best division in football.

I read that on the internet so that means it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I agree there. Switching quarterbacks this late in the season is odd for a genuine title contender. I would not want Kaepernick starting in the playoffs.

It's just Harbaugh over-coaching again.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Parademon;596846]
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Alex Smith is not as good as Eli Manning but he is a good QB. He is way more than just a game manager. Anmyone that thinks otherwise can watch his playoffs run last year, particularly the game against New Orleans Saints.

Plz, Saints D is bad. What happened vs the Giants D the very next week? 1 of 14 on 3rd down & 0 completions to his WRs. He only wins games when the SF D limits the other team to under 17 pts. If the D is off that day & gives up over 20+, he struggles in a shootout. Big time game nmanager.

Kapernick will fold as soon as he runs into a real NFL defense in the playoffs.
    He scored more than 17 against us in regular season last year. Alex Smith is a damn good QB and I am real happy Jim Harbaugh decided to go with Kap because that will backfire on him. Hopefully we get our act together and make it to the playoffs to take advantage of them imploding.

[QUOTE=BuffyBlueII;606124]

He scored more than 17 against us in regular season last year. Alex Smith is a damn good QB and I am real happy Jim Harbaugh decided to go with Kap because that will backfire on him. Hopefully we get our act together and make it to the playoffs to take advantage of them imploding.
    Why would you choose Kaepernick over a QB that lead you to the NFC Championship game?

This has to be one of the worst decisions in Harbaugh's coaching career

Bench Player
    Why all this support for Smith? He's a 49er, an enemy to my team. Who cares what the QB situation is in SF. I just want us to smash em in the playoffs again with whomever is behind center.
    ahah, ehem, a ha, ha ... eehhehe..ahhh.... ah.....BWUAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post

Why would you choose Kaepernick over a QB that lead you to the NFC Championship game?

This has to be one of the worst decisions in Harbaugh's coaching career
    Well, at this point he is third in the league in QBR. Alex only finished 7th. He seems to be doing everything Alex did except he has a legitimate deep ball.

Quote Originally Posted by nygfan90 View Post
    Deff agree. Alex has been there done that. I'm sure they're gonna want someone with experience behind center going into the playoffs. Then again, will doing that mess with the chemistry at all with their receivers? I know they look fine now but who knows if they keep switching QB's.
    Alex has two games of playoff experience. He's just as green as the second year player.

Hopefully Harbaugh successfully set precedent in benching tenured starters for better backups.

It was an interesting move, let's see how it plays out. I think Kap is better than Smith but that's not really saying a whole lot. I love the 49 fan brainlessness when attempting to justify Smith as a great QB whether that is now or earlier this year.

The defining criteria should be: how many NFL teams would prefer Alex Smith over their current QB? My gut tells me that more than 15 teams would pass on Smith and keep their current guy.