+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bondy: RG3 & Co. Worthy Giants' Foes

Bondy: RG3 & Co. Worthy Giants' Foes

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1209949

Excerpt: "Old habits and hatreds die hard. It’s difficult for any blue-blooded Giant fan to admit out loud that the unraveling Eagles no longer pose a threat in the NFC East or that the Cowboys, too, are as harmless, soft and fluffy as a goose down pillow whenever the fourth quarter arrives.

The real divisional threat now, and for the foreseeable future, resides instead near the Capital Beltway and bears a racist nickname that no respectful columnist should ever type. That would be Washington, the precocious, upstart football team waiting in ambush at FedEx Field on Monday night for the Super Bowl champs.

Fortunately for Giants, they are taking notice — sort of.

“They have a really good team, and it all starts with RG3,” Victor Cruz said on Wednesday, during a conference call. “They’re a team on the rise. I think they’re still a couple of pieces away from being contenders... whether it is defensively or wherever, but they’ve got to be in the conversation. They really do some good things. I put them in that conversation for sure.”

That conversation is growing dense and complicated, like a Faulkner novel. The sound and the fury began in earnest after Cruz caught a 77-yard, game-winning touchdown with 1:13 left in the fourth quarter to beat Washington at MetLife Stadium in October. DeAngelo Hall then belittled the play, saying Eli Manning had very little to do with the score.

“We gave him that play,” Hall said. “It wasn’t something where he was a rocket scientist and he figured something out. We just played that as bad as possible.”

On Wednesday, Cruz insisted he and Manning actually had something to do with that pass. He also expressed his respect for rocket scientists, because Cruz has a sense of humor about these things.

“It’s definitely high up there,” Cruz said, about the play. “To have a game-winning touchdown of 70-plus yards, a long bomb through the double team, sprinting through the end zone.”

Plus a salsa. Never forget the salsa.

The point is, however, that this rivalry could become something both fun and mean at the same time.

Robert Griffin III is 22 years old and not going anywhere soon. Neither is running back Alfred Morris, 23, who already has gained 982 yards with six touchdowns in his rookie season, averaging 4.7 yards per carry. Washington always plays the Giants tough, beating them twice last year. It has the skill players to compete for many years to come, and is just starting to find its rhythm after rescuing its season with two straight victories." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I have lived in DC for 10 years. Under Snyder they will never be a good team. Trust me, they will find a way to blow it. This is just hype. RGIII's performance will dramatically decline each year he is in the league. A guy like him slows down over time, takes hits that makes him skiddish, and will run into different coaches and coordinators who don't know how to use his talents. Fans here are inpatient and emotional, if the Giants blow them out this week they will be calling for Shanahan's head like they were 2 weeks ago. Trust me, they won't be able to maintain any 2-3 game success they may have now beyond a 2-4 game win streak. There will be no championships under Dan Snyder.

All this nonsense sounds like what they were saying about Vick and the Eagles "dream team" 2 years ago. Look were they have been the past 2 seasons. A joke.

They should be smarter with RGIII than the Eagles wre with Vick. The Redskins running back shoiuld get the vast majority of carries to keep Griffin healthy. I know it's showy to see the QB runnung down the field, but it's career shortening as well. Griffin has already misse at least one game I think, and Vick has missed several. Eli, by comparisoin, has missed exactly none.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I also think the Redskins are the biggest competition for the Giants today in the NFC East. RGIII is the real deal, and while he plays for a divisional rival, it is hard not to like the guy. He is talented on the field and humble off the field. The guy comes across as being very intelligent and articulate to boot.... He has the athletic ability of a Cam Newton but without all the attitude.

Say what you want about a single player being "exciting" or "electric". The Redskins are a 5-6 team. . .the type of team the defending champions should beat.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

I guess I just don't get it. Why does RG3 and the Redskins get so much hype? So the 5-6 team beat the lowely Cowboys. We are reigning Super Bowl champs, have a 7-4 record, a 2 time Super Bowl MVP and are coming off a big win over Green Bay and still do not get any respect.

Quote Originally Posted by krankeybluechick View Post
    I guess I just don't get it. Why does RG3 and the Redskins get so much hype? So the 5-6 team beat the lowely Cowboys. We are reigning Super Bowl champs, have a 7-4 record, a 2 time Super Bowl MVP and are coming off a big win over Green Bay and still do not get any respect.
    No pressure on the Skins with their rookie QB. Every win is a bonus and he has won in exciting fashion at times. The Skins can do no wrong with a rookie QB like RG........for now....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    No pressure on the Skins with their rookie QB. Every win is a bonus and he has won in exciting fashion at times. The Skins can do no wrong with a rookie QB like RG........for now....
    I get that but he's only played 11 games and they talk about him like he is the second coming of ch**st. Don't get me wrong I think he is a good and exciting QB but they should wait until he has at least 2 yrs under his belt before they canonize him. We have a 2 time Super Bowl MVP who still gets no respect. Just my rant of the day :P

Exactly, my feeling is that one player can not make a team (except for Peyton Manning). Especially with the style that Griffin plays, he will be hit a lot. Let's also not forget that the Redskins gave up an awful lot to get him, and that includes future draft picks. They have yet to "pay the piper".
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Don't ya know? We are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. We can continue to stomp teams like SF/GB who have recieved their worst beatings of the yr at our hands & the NFL experts will still say they are a better team than us! We could face NE for a 3rd time in the SB & once again, they'll be favored to beat us.

Truth be told, I could give a f&^% about the lack of respect that so called experts, players on other teams & their fan base give us, as long as we're the ones hoisting that Lombardi trophy high in the air in Feb, they can keep drinking the haterade!

+ Reply to Thread