+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    again, Im not looking for respect. I was trying to tell you guys the reason why some are saying its a tough game for you or that we could win. You guys keep saying why all the hype for a 5-6 team. Im just telling you the reasons for it. I could care less if you respect us or not. Dallas fans said all the same thing last week when some said we may win or when some Dallas fans said it would be a tough game. They said since when are the 4-6 Skins some great team that we should fear. Now its the same this week. You may win and you may kill us but Im just answering you guys question on why some may think its a tough game even though we are 5-6
    That just my point of course it's a tough game for us but you guys make it seem like it's going to be a cake walk for you. Last time I checked we have a pretty damn good defense and a lethal offense too. It's really just annoying having to read a full page on if's and buts....to me what has been done is done and this game Monday the best team will win. No need to explain 5-6 cause 5-6 is 5-6. In another words you are what your record says you are. I can go back and say the Giants should be 9-2....cause we should have won the Philly game and had a 10point lead against the Steelers in the 4th quarter but we didn't **** happens deal with it.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    That just my point of course it's a tough game for us but you guys make it seem like it's going to be a cake walk for you. Last time I checked we have a pretty damn good defense and a lethal offense too. It's really just annoying having to read a full page on if's and buts....to me what has been done is done and this game Monday the best team will win. No need to explain 5-6 cause 5-6 is 5-6. In another words you are what your record says you are. I can go back and say the Giants should be 9-2....cause we should have won the Philly game and had a 10point lead against the Steelers in the 4th quarter but we didn't **** happens deal with it.
    ofcourse. Any team can do that but I think you are playing the "nobody believes in us" card too much. The fact is that alot of people think you guys are still the team to beat in the whole league after the SF & GB games. You have the pedigree and everyone knows about your late season runs. No one is denying that or treating you guys like garbage.

I think you are just upset because of those wins, the 2 game division lead, and the 2 SBs yet some say you might have problems wiht us. It comes with the territory of us having a guy who people are saying is the most exciting player in the league. When you have that and you just blow away the most popular team in the Cowboys on the road on Thanksgiving then alot of people are going to hype this game and see how the kid does against you, espically after our 1st matchup and us beating you twice last year.

It just is what it is. I literally wouldnt be shocked about anything this game. It could go anyway and I wouldnt be shocked but you guys definitely deserved to be the favorite to win the game. Im not talking about Vegas but just in general. If it was a normal game then maybe it would be less hype. But everyone thought we were dead 2 weeks ago and since then weve played our best 2 games of the season while getting Garcon back and RG3 coming off back to back 4td games. Bad teams weve played or not, its natural to want to see how that does going up against you guys. Its must see to me

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Actually he does have a very smug attitude. He claimed “I shouldn’t be compared to Cam Newton. I should be compared to Aaron Rodgers.”
    You mean the mustachioed guy we BLEW OUT last week?

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Actually he does have a very smug attitude. He claimed “I shouldn’t be compared to Cam Newton. I should be compared to Aaron Rodgers.” Yeah. Okay. The guy is the flavor of the month in NFL, nothing more.
    thats not true. That was taken out of context. Ive never heard him say anything like that. If you listen to the whole quote he's basically saying that he doesnt wanna be comapared to anyone because everyone is there own person but if he had to be compared to someone then it would be a guy like Rodgers and guys like him because they won SB's and thats what its about. He said him & Cam arent playing against eachother. He said he doesnt play defense. He said its the Skins vs the Panthers and both teams just want a win.

He didnt mean that as a diss to Cam and he didnt single out Rodges like everyone says. I think he was even speaking for Cam in just saying that they want to win and be SB champs like Rodgers but he also said other guys like him which would include Eli

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    They should be smarter with RGIII than the Eagles wre with Vick. The Redskins running back shoiuld get the vast majority of carries to keep Griffin healthy. I know it's showy to see the QB runnung down the field, but it's career shortening as well. Griffin has already misse at least one game I think, and Vick has missed several. Eli, by comparisoin, has missed exactly none.
    I think the Eagles and Vick are the wrong comparison. I think the hype is similar to when Mcnabb came into the league with the Eagles. Once they had their first taste of success all the "McNabb is the Michael Jordan of football". Of course they all seems riduculous now but the Eagles had a good defense, and Westbrook in his prime. Greatness is defined by consistent performance. Let's see if Griffin can keep healthy and productive before putting him in Canton. Alas the age of ESPN in which we live....

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by yatitle View Post
    I think the Eagles and Vick are the wrong comparison. I think the hype is similar to when Mcnabb came into the league with the Eagles. Once they had their first taste of success all the "McNabb is the Michael Jordan of football". Of course they all seems riduculous now but the Eagles had a good defense, and Westbrook in his prime. Greatness is defined by consistent performance. Let's see if Griffin can keep healthy and productive before putting him in Canton. Alas the age of ESPN in which we live....
    true but you have to admit that he has a good chance due to several reasons. One is he himself seems to be a hard worker and has his head screwed on tight. The Offensive talent around him is all young so they can grow together for a long time. Most of all the Shanny's are known to be top notch Offensive minds when they have the talent. The dad in Denver and the son leading the #1 Offense in Houston. Unlike Reid in Philly with McNabb & Vick, the Shanny's have no problem at all running the ball which I beleive gives RG3 advantage over the other 2

Veteran
    true but you have to admit that he has a good chance due to several reasons. One is he himself seems to be a hard worker and has his head screwed on tight. The Offensive talent around him is all young so they can grow together for a long time. Most of all the Shanny's are known to be top notch Offensive minds when they have the talent. The dad in Denver and the son leading the #1 Offense in Houston. Unlike Reid in Philly with McNabb & Vick, the Shanny's have no problem at all running the ball which I beleive gives RG3 advantage over the other 2
    True but can you see Shanny providing the stability over the next 10 years that Reid did for McNabb. Given Snyder's track record, there was talk of Shanny potentially being in trouble as recently as 3 weeks ago.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by yatitle View Post
    True but can you see Shanny providing the stability over the next 10 years that Reid did for McNabb. Given Snyder's track record, there was talk of Shanny potentially being in trouble as recently as 3 weeks ago.
    yeah but I dont think that was ever really true. Just people tired of losing. One thing Snyder always wanted more than anything is an exciting point scoring Offense and Shanny has delivered that. Then RG3 has been brought along very nicely with Shanny so I dont think he was in danger just yet. I felt he would always get atleast one more full year.

I disagree with the Snyder thing though. I hear alot of NY, Philly, & Dallas fans saying that and rifghtfully so but he's not the same guy. He has turned everything over to them. Allen is the GM now but moreso just a numbers guy. Shanny is calling all the shots pretty much. He's picking all the guys. I guess you could still blame Snyder if it fails but its really Shanny's toy now. Thats why people wanted to fire him a few weeks ago. We were losing and he runs everything. He also changed our D from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and weve sucked ever since. Him & Haslet blame it on injuries and the Jackson suspension which is true but we still should be better

Banned
    thats not true. That was taken out of context. Ive never heard him say anything like that. If you listen to the whole quote he's basically saying that he doesnt wanna be comapared to anyone because everyone is there own person but if he had to be compared to someone then it would be a guy like Rodgers and guys like him because they won SB's and thats what its about. He said him & Cam arent playing against eachother. He said he doesnt play defense. He said its the Skins vs the Panthers and both teams just want a win.He didnt mean that as a diss to Cam and he didnt single out Rodges like everyone says. I think he was even speaking for Cam in just saying that they want to win and be SB champs like Rodgers but he also said other guys like him which would include Eli
    No. He meant it more as "I am in Aaron Rodgers class more than I I am in Cam Newtons." The guy has a very smug attitude that has been fed by he delusional fans here in DC.

Banned
    Skins fan here. Griffin doesn't like being compared to anyone, especially being boxed into comparisons with other black quarterbacks. He simply wants to be the best. If asked about who he wants to be compared to, the answer is usually a hybrid answer. He wants Peyton's command of the offense and football IQ, he wants the elusiveness of Montana, Tarkenton or Elway and Marino's arm. Nothing smug about that. That's where his mind is and where his goals are. He is also humble enough to admit that all of these accolades bestowed on him are appreciated, but a little premature. It's a breath of fresh air seeing this young man in DC.