+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Bondy: RG3 & Co. Worthy Giants' Foes

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1209949

Excerpt: "Old habits and hatreds die hard. It’s difficult for any blue-blooded Giant fan to admit out loud that the unraveling Eagles no longer pose a threat in the NFC East or that the Cowboys, too, are as harmless, soft and fluffy as a goose down pillow whenever the fourth quarter arrives.

The real divisional threat now, and for the foreseeable future, resides instead near the Capital Beltway and bears a racist nickname that no respectful columnist should ever type. That would be Washington, the precocious, upstart football team waiting in ambush at FedEx Field on Monday night for the Super Bowl champs.

Fortunately for Giants, they are taking notice — sort of.

“They have a really good team, and it all starts with RG3,” Victor Cruz said on Wednesday, during a conference call. “They’re a team on the rise. I think they’re still a couple of pieces away from being contenders... whether it is defensively or wherever, but they’ve got to be in the conversation. They really do some good things. I put them in that conversation for sure.”

That conversation is growing dense and complicated, like a Faulkner novel. The sound and the fury began in earnest after Cruz caught a 77-yard, game-winning touchdown with 1:13 left in the fourth quarter to beat Washington at MetLife Stadium in October. DeAngelo Hall then belittled the play, saying Eli Manning had very little to do with the score.

“We gave him that play,” Hall said. “It wasn’t something where he was a rocket scientist and he figured something out. We just played that as bad as possible.”

On Wednesday, Cruz insisted he and Manning actually had something to do with that pass. He also expressed his respect for rocket scientists, because Cruz has a sense of humor about these things.

“It’s definitely high up there,” Cruz said, about the play. “To have a game-winning touchdown of 70-plus yards, a long bomb through the double team, sprinting through the end zone.”

Plus a salsa. Never forget the salsa.

The point is, however, that this rivalry could become something both fun and mean at the same time.

Robert Griffin III is 22 years old and not going anywhere soon. Neither is running back Alfred Morris, 23, who already has gained 982 yards with six touchdowns in his rookie season, averaging 4.7 yards per carry. Washington always plays the Giants tough, beating them twice last year. It has the skill players to compete for many years to come, and is just starting to find its rhythm after rescuing its season with two straight victories." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I have lived in DC for 10 years. Under Snyder they will never be a good team. Trust me, they will find a way to blow it. This is just hype. RGIII's performance will dramatically decline each year he is in the league. A guy like him slows down over time, takes hits that makes him skiddish, and will run into different coaches and coordinators who don't know how to use his talents. Fans here are inpatient and emotional, if the Giants blow them out this week they will be calling for Shanahan's head like they were 2 weeks ago. Trust me, they won't be able to maintain any 2-3 game success they may have now beyond a 2-4 game win streak. There will be no championships under Dan Snyder.

All this nonsense sounds like what they were saying about Vick and the Eagles "dream team" 2 years ago. Look were they have been the past 2 seasons. A joke.

They should be smarter with RGIII than the Eagles wre with Vick. The Redskins running back shoiuld get the vast majority of carries to keep Griffin healthy. I know it's showy to see the QB runnung down the field, but it's career shortening as well. Griffin has already misse at least one game I think, and Vick has missed several. Eli, by comparisoin, has missed exactly none.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I also think the Redskins are the biggest competition for the Giants today in the NFC East. RGIII is the real deal, and while he plays for a divisional rival, it is hard not to like the guy. He is talented on the field and humble off the field. The guy comes across as being very intelligent and articulate to boot.... He has the athletic ability of a Cam Newton but without all the attitude.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    I also think the Redskins are the biggest competition for the Giants today in the NFC East. RGIII is the real deal, and while he plays for a divisional rival, it is hard not to like the guy. He is talented on the field and humble off the field. The guy comes across as being very intelligent and articulate to boot.... He has the athletic ability of a Cam Newton but without all the attitude.
    Actually he does have a very smug attitude. He claimed “I shouldn’t be compared to Cam Newton. I should be compared to Aaron Rodgers.” Yeah. Okay. The guy is the flavor of the month in NFL, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Actually he does have a very smug attitude. He claimed “I shouldn’t be compared to Cam Newton. I should be compared to Aaron Rodgers.”
    You mean the mustachioed guy we BLEW OUT last week?

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Actually he does have a very smug attitude. He claimed “I shouldn’t be compared to Cam Newton. I should be compared to Aaron Rodgers.” Yeah. Okay. The guy is the flavor of the month in NFL, nothing more.
    thats not true. That was taken out of context. Ive never heard him say anything like that. If you listen to the whole quote he's basically saying that he doesnt wanna be comapared to anyone because everyone is there own person but if he had to be compared to someone then it would be a guy like Rodgers and guys like him because they won SB's and thats what its about. He said him & Cam arent playing against eachother. He said he doesnt play defense. He said its the Skins vs the Panthers and both teams just want a win.

He didnt mean that as a diss to Cam and he didnt single out Rodges like everyone says. I think he was even speaking for Cam in just saying that they want to win and be SB champs like Rodgers but he also said other guys like him which would include Eli

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    thats not true. That was taken out of context. Ive never heard him say anything like that. If you listen to the whole quote he's basically saying that he doesnt wanna be comapared to anyone because everyone is there own person but if he had to be compared to someone then it would be a guy like Rodgers and guys like him because they won SB's and thats what its about. He said him & Cam arent playing against eachother. He said he doesnt play defense. He said its the Skins vs the Panthers and both teams just want a win.He didnt mean that as a diss to Cam and he didnt single out Rodges like everyone says. I think he was even speaking for Cam in just saying that they want to win and be SB champs like Rodgers but he also said other guys like him which would include Eli
    No. He meant it more as "I am in Aaron Rodgers class more than I I am in Cam Newtons." The guy has a very smug attitude that has been fed by he delusional fans here in DC.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    They should be smarter with RGIII than the Eagles wre with Vick. The Redskins running back shoiuld get the vast majority of carries to keep Griffin healthy. I know it's showy to see the QB runnung down the field, but it's career shortening as well. Griffin has already misse at least one game I think, and Vick has missed several. Eli, by comparisoin, has missed exactly none.
    I think the Eagles and Vick are the wrong comparison. I think the hype is similar to when Mcnabb came into the league with the Eagles. Once they had their first taste of success all the "McNabb is the Michael Jordan of football". Of course they all seems riduculous now but the Eagles had a good defense, and Westbrook in his prime. Greatness is defined by consistent performance. Let's see if Griffin can keep healthy and productive before putting him in Canton. Alas the age of ESPN in which we live....

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by yatitle View Post
    I think the Eagles and Vick are the wrong comparison. I think the hype is similar to when Mcnabb came into the league with the Eagles. Once they had their first taste of success all the "McNabb is the Michael Jordan of football". Of course they all seems riduculous now but the Eagles had a good defense, and Westbrook in his prime. Greatness is defined by consistent performance. Let's see if Griffin can keep healthy and productive before putting him in Canton. Alas the age of ESPN in which we live....
    true but you have to admit that he has a good chance due to several reasons. One is he himself seems to be a hard worker and has his head screwed on tight. The Offensive talent around him is all young so they can grow together for a long time. Most of all the Shanny's are known to be top notch Offensive minds when they have the talent. The dad in Denver and the son leading the #1 Offense in Houston. Unlike Reid in Philly with McNabb & Vick, the Shanny's have no problem at all running the ball which I beleive gives RG3 advantage over the other 2