+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bondy: RG3 & Co. Worthy Giants' Foes

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinSkin View Post
    Skins fan here. Griffin doesn't like being compared to anyone, especially being boxed into comparisons with other black quarterbacks. He simply wants to be the best. If asked about who he wants to be compared to, the answer is usually a hybrid answer. He wants Peyton's command of the offense and football IQ, he wants the elusiveness of Montana, Tarkenton or Elway and Marino's arm. Nothing smug about that. That's where his mind is and where his goals are. He is also humble enough to admit that all of these accolades bestowed on him are appreciated, but a little premature. It's a breath of fresh air seeing this young man in DC.
    Nothing wrong with that. Always thought it was stupid to try to compare one QB to someone from the past. Frankly I think its embarassing when the "experts" try to compare Griffin to Cam Newton. Other than both being black, they are totally different players. Never hear anyone try to say who Joe Flacco or Matt Schab remind them of.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Blue View Post
    Vick 2.0
    Nope. Their games are different. They don't compare wel at all.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 11-29-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    ofcourse. Any team can do that but I think you are playing the "nobody believes in us" card too much. The fact is that alot of people think you guys are still the team to beat in the whole league after the SF & GB games. You have the pedigree and everyone knows about your late season runs. No one is denying that or treating you guys like garbage.

I think you are just upset because of those wins, the 2 game division lead, and the 2 SBs yet some say you might have problems wiht us. It comes with the territory of us having a guy who people are saying is the most exciting player in the league. When you have that and you just blow away the most popular team in the Cowboys on the road on Thanksgiving then alot of people are going to hype this game and see how the kid does against you, espically after our 1st matchup and us beating you twice last year.

It just is what it is. I literally wouldnt be shocked about anything this game. It could go anyway and I wouldnt be shocked but you guys definitely deserved to be the favorite to win the game. Im not talking about Vegas but just in general. If it was a normal game then maybe it would be less hype. But everyone thought we were dead 2 weeks ago and since then weve played our best 2 games of the season while getting Garcon back and RG3 coming off back to back 4td games. Bad teams weve played or not, its natural to want to see how that does going up against you guys. Its must see to me
    You got it all wrong I could care less what you or the media thinks about the Giants. I know what my team can do I don't have to write a full page report on what happened during the season. All I'm saying is that you skin fans think you are entitle for respect cause of your new qb. Wow you lost a couple of close games due to injury IT HAPPENS this is the NFL. Yes we do have 2SB in the last 5years so why would I care about respect. This team goes out on the field and earns it. I just find it funny that you Redskins fans are coming out of the wood works to tell us about your season like we give two craps. I heard you say in another thread that the Redskins need to win this game more then the Giants do which is just not true. If we lose this game we are 2-3 in the division while you guys are 3-1... while you get to play a depleted Philly team again at home and a Dallas team you already beat at home. My point is that this game is important to both teams and the best team will win on Monday....no need for you to write a report on why your team isn't 7-4 or 8-3 cause your not.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    You got it all wrong I could care less what you or the media thinks about the Giants. I know what my team can do I don't have to write a full page report on what happened during the season. All I'm saying is that you skin fans think you are entitle for respect cause of your new qb. Wow you lost a couple of close games due to injury IT HAPPENS this is the NFL. Yes we do have 2SB in the last 5years so why would I care about respect. This team goes out on the field and earns it. I just find it funny that you Redskins fans are coming out of the wood works to tell us about your season like we give two craps. I heard you say in another thread that the Redskins need to win this game more then the Giants do which is just not true. If we lose this game we are 2-3 in the division while you guys are 3-1... while you get to play a depleted Philly team again at home and a Dallas team you already beat at home. My point is that this game is important to both teams and the best team will win on Monday....no need for you to write a report on why your team isn't 7-4 or 8-3 cause your not.
    +1

+ Reply to Thread